[UNMAINTAINED] Canon 5D Classic Firmware ** Beta 4 **

Started by coutts, June 14, 2012, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andespo

Hi

in my 5Dc I'have only this menu: Shot, Prefes, Debug, Help and I'can't understanding the cause.
You can help me?

Ciao
A.

ps: sorry for my very bad english

Kevinrmoon

Not working on 5DC serial # 3221300926 , I will continue to be a guinea pig as long as development continues. Awesome work so far, keep it up.

csoller

Hi,

Hate to repeat the same thing over and over again, but my 5Ds back buttons dont work either.
My serial starts with 0, so it was made in 2005.

Love the project tho... :)

walta

Quote from: andespo on September 13, 2012, 07:10:32 PM
Hi

in my 5Dc I'have only this menu: Shot, Prefes, Debug, Help and I'can't understanding the cause.
You can help me?

Ciao
A.

ps: sorry for my very bad english

Whats the first 4 numbers in your serial number?

This firmware doesn't work on newer versions of the 5Dc. You should probably uninstall it. Its only in beta test right now.

Walt

Canon 5Dc and 400D

andespo

Quote from: walta on September 17, 2012, 11:19:31 PM
Whats the first 4 numbers in your serial number?

This firmware doesn't work on newer versions of the 5Dc. You should probably uninstall it. Its only in beta test right now.

Walt

my SN is 0430103136, it's a newer version?

walta

Quote from: andespo on September 18, 2012, 08:31:10 PM
my SN is 0430103136, it's a newer version?

Ones that start with 0 should work OK. But there is pretty much no functionality as this version is just a very preliminary beta-test.

Serial numbers that start with something other than 0 (like mine starts with a 3) it locks up my camera and the back buttons don't work any more.

So it looks like it works on yours (I assume the back buttons work OK) but theres not much in the menu right now.

You'll have to wait until they develop the functionality more and figure out why it doesn't work on the newer models.

Walt

Canon 5Dc and 400D

andespo

Quote from: walta on September 18, 2012, 08:41:50 PM
Ones that start with 0 should work OK. But there is pretty much no functionality as this version is just a very preliminary beta-test.

Serial numbers that start with something other than 0 (like mine starts with a 3) it locks up my camera and the back buttons don't work any more.

So it looks like it works on yours (I assume the back buttons work OK) but theres not much in the menu right now.

You'll have to wait until they develop the functionality more and figure out why it doesn't work on the newer models.

Walt

ok, thank you!

dec11ad

can't wait for this work on my 5D classic. serial # starts with 12 so i probably shouldn't try it?

would be well worth it for just the intervalometer feature!
5D classic user, 70-200mm f/4 & 50mm f/1.8

coutts

Beta 2 posted, hoping it works for all of you guys that haven't had any luck with beta 1. Let me know how it works

hibolta

Quote from: coutts on September 25, 2012, 06:38:46 PM
Beta 2 posted, hoping it works for all of you guys that haven't had any luck with beta 1. Let me know how it works

hello, and thank you for your work Coutts.
I tried to flash the beta 2 but the 5Dc tells me "update file can not be found. PLease check the memory card and reload the battery and try again" 

do you know why ?

Edit : it is now working, I have a SN beginning with a 1. Thanks Coutts!

impersonalis

Hi Coutts,

Have just updated my 5dc with ML beta 2 and ran through few ML menus - probably beta 2 is ok for me (sn 382130****).

Thank you for all your hard work,
Stas.

coutts

Quote from: impersonalis on September 26, 2012, 12:37:34 AM
Hi Coutts,

Have just updated my 5dc with ML beta 2 and ran through few ML menus - probably beta 2 is ok for me (sn 382130****).

Thank you for all your hard work,
Stas.
this is great news!!! that means it works for newer serial number cameras finally  :)

hisoka

mine works well , thank you !
serie 281****

Stedda

5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

5dc-fan

WORKS!

Thanks so much!

I'm able to set the config for HDR-Bracjeting, selftimer and intervalometer.

The HDR-Backeting doesn't work with more then +- 2 EV. so if i config 5 frames each 2EVs means: 0 -2 +2 -4 +4. but it only does: 0 -2 +2 BREAK -2 +2.
5 frames each +-1 works! 0 -1 +1 -2 +2 (no break!)

intervalometer doesn't work, or i'm not able to start this function :(
it only takes one pic immediatly! the ist not break für x seconds and only this one pictur.
the counter tells me " pictures taken 0 / 100"

also i don't know how to start bulb mode.

Also i got a problem with the Mirror-Lockup. I can't set this one in the Menu.

the image review functions like Quick Zoom (singelpress => 100%) doesn't work eather.

PS: would it be possible to turn off the function to erase all pictures in the play mode? once deleted all pic i never delete a pciture again at the 5d. only at the computer at home.

ata_tr

Hi  :) I installed ML beta2 on my 5Dc and tried to get it work. (SN:0630...)

-HDR Bracketing
*Doesn't work after selecting 'Frames: Autodetect', i have to restart my 5Dc
*Works for custom frame counts
*'EV increment' works
*'Sequence' works
*'2 second delay' doesn't work, but bracketing works without initial delay
*ISO shifting works

-Intervalometer
*Works only when i select 'take pics like crazy', otherwise it waits after first shot (without initial delay)
*It doesn't work when i select 'take a pic every: *s' or 'start after: *s'
*I think there is a problem with timer clock frequency
*'Stop after: * photos' works
*'Use Autofocus' works

-I have an EZ540 without batteries, so I couldn't try 'flash tweaks'

-'Bulb/focus ramp', 'bulb timer', 'mirror lockup' and 'trap focus' doesn't work on my 5Dc.

Thanks,

s6688

DS126091
Serial: 143090XXXX

can boot and all button works.
but Intervalometer doesn't work.

jkg

Thanks Coutts, appreciate yr hard works !!

I've tried the beta 2 and it works
the shutter disabled, black LCD in beta 1 are now gone.
Enabling and disabling the ML work the same way (updating the firmware procedure . . . )

My machine is under the DS126091 batch and
s/n # 20312xxxx

- HDR Bracketing      works
- Intervalometer       not
-  Bulb/Focus Ramp   didn't try yet
-  Bulb Timer             didn't try yet
-  Mirror Lockup        didn't try yet
-  Flash Tweaks        didn't try (don't have a Canon/compatible flash unit)

-  Trap Focus             not
-  Image review
    settings                works
-   Config file             works
-   Crop Factor
    Display                 not (need LiveView ??)

-   Debug Menu        not tried (or should I try ?)

the "Set" (middle of the dial) can "Confirm / Change" the values
pressing down the cursor can also have the same result

Dial and cursor can move around on the Menu bar and the sub-selections

BUT
form time to time the original Canon Menu "flash" out

I am ready for the next beta

P.S. just "bought you a cup of coffee" to express my thanks
5D Mk I, S3 Pro, SD 14, E-520
Few film cam. & DCs

walta

Andrew, now that there are 2 FIR files is this line still valid in the installation instructions.

"Download the zip file from the link below, unzip all of the files to your CF card."

It loads both FIR files together?

Walt

Canon 5Dc and 400D

coutts

Quote from: jkg on September 26, 2012, 07:00:06 PM
Thanks Coutts, appreciate yr hard works !!

I've tried the beta 2 and it works
the shutter disabled, black LCD in beta 1 are now gone.
Enabling and disabling the ML work the same way (updating the firmware procedure . . . )

My machine is under the DS126091 batch and
s/n # 20312xxxx

- HDR Bracketing      works
- Intervalometer       not
-  Bulb/Focus Ramp   didn't try yet
-  Bulb Timer             didn't try yet
-  Mirror Lockup        didn't try yet
-  Flash Tweaks        didn't try (don't have a Canon/compatible flash unit)

-  Trap Focus             not
-  Image review
    settings                works
-   Config file             works
-   Crop Factor
    Display                 not (need LiveView ??)

-   Debug Menu        not tried (or should I try ?)

the "Set" (middle of the dial) can "Confirm / Change" the values
pressing down the cursor can also have the same result

Dial and cursor can move around on the Menu bar and the sub-selections

BUT
form time to time the original Canon Menu "flash" out

I am ready for the next beta

P.S. just "bought you a cup of coffee" to express my thanks
Thank you very much! All donations greatly appreciated :)

Quote from: walta on September 26, 2012, 07:40:03 PM
Andrew, now that there are 2 FIR files is this line still valid in the installation instructions.

"Download the zip file from the link below, unzip all of the files to your CF card."

It loads both FIR files together?

Walt
Sorry it's a little confusing, but the installer fir should only be run once to enable the camera bootflag, once this is enabled it will stay enabled until you run that FIR again to disable it. The new second FIR file will **only** make your card bootable, it won't touch the camera bootflag. so, this just makes it easier to set up a card for ML.

walta

Quote from: coutts on September 26, 2012, 08:09:30 PM
Thank you very much! All donations greatly appreciated :)

Sorry it's a little confusing, but the installer fir should only be run once to enable the camera bootflag, once this is enabled it will stay enabled until you run that FIR again to disable it. The new second FIR file will **only** make your card bootable, it won't touch the camera bootflag. so, this just makes it easier to set up a card for ML.

Great - Thanks.  That second FIR makes life easier for people that struggled with making cards bootbale before.

Walt

Canon 5Dc and 400D

jkg

Hi, Coutts,

Something just come into my mind, but
probably you'd hv know it.

5D & 400D are using the same processor, Digi II,
there were cracked firmwares that enabled a 400D to
use 1/3 ISO settings, ie.  125, 160, 250, 320 . . . . and
extended beyond 400D original ceiling ISO 1600 to ISO 2000, 2500 and 3200
and
some other functions (which I forgot)

See if these kind of source can safe you some time.

Cheers
5D Mk I, S3 Pro, SD 14, E-520
Few film cam. & DCs

walta

So, Andrew it looks like you've checked off your short term goals (from page 1) and now you've got the software running beside the Canon software.

Whats your priority list for implementing the rest of the ML features - so we get some kind of idea in what order things will be coming?

Great work BTW.

Walt

Canon 5Dc and 400D

coutts

Quote from: walta on September 27, 2012, 04:54:38 PM
So, Andrew it looks like you've checked off your short term goals (from page 1) and now you've got the software running beside the Canon software.

Whats your priority list for implementing the rest of the ML features - so we get some kind of idea in what order things will be coming?

Great work BTW.

Walt
if I can find a way to trigger bulb exposures, we can make bulb ramping work (for timelapse videos). Also, if I can find a status indicator memory address for focus confirmation (value is 0 when no focus confirmation, 1 when there is), then I can make trap focus work.

hdr and intervalometer worked in last build but don't seem to work now, I need to figure that out (some of the back-end has changed since my last release, need to get things back to a working state again).

I'm hard pressed for time so I will try to work on this when I get free time, classes have me pretty busy though. Also i always appreciated donations from users, thank you everyone who has donated!!

iggy2

5DC with serial number 133080xxxx doesn't work. Long RED at startup.
Waiting for new versions.
Thanks!