MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

baldavenger

MLRawViewer is still my go to app for previewing and conversions.  It's a beautiful piece of software, and has enhanced the workflow process of ML Raw immensely.  I remember way back before we had Resolve 11 and MLRawViewer.  Dark times indeed.

Hats off to you sir for your brilliant work.  You thoroughly deserve all the plaudits and accolades rightfully coming your way.
EOS 5D Mark III | EOS 600D | Canon 24-105mm f4L | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Samyang 14mm T3.1 | Opteka 8mm f3.5

dxotic

+10

MLRawViewer is an amazing piece of software. I have watched it's steady and rapid progression and am grateful for all the hard work and diligence. It is a great time saver and its abilities are beyond what others can do and hope that you are not discouraged and  and many others will still be using it for the foreseeable future. Thank You!

budafilms

I had a problem. The software stuck in OSX - not play, not export. I deleted and install again. Not working.
I think I have to delete from other part in the system and I don't know where.

Before the problem I add a lot of files form CF card - by USB3.

Any help?

THanks!

baldand

Look for the hidden ".mlrawviewer" folder inside your user home folder. There are some persistant settings in there. Try renaming the folder. If that helps, please send the files from folder to me so I can diagnose the cause.

swinxx

hi baland!

i have a question

is it possilbe to view and extract a damaged mlv file because of a full card?
i have turned the option "reserved space" on in mlv menu but my card got full during recording and now i have a damaged file (structure with many files m00, m01,... m08) and would love to save that shot - i was on the road and wanted to quick check the shot, but mlrawviewer was not able to play it back..

here is a quick screenshot of the folder structure..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rutp0ft58vq1bc5/Screenshot%202014-09-25%2007.53.00.png?dl=0

thx.

dpujolcosta

kyrobb

Do you plan to include ProRes 422 export in 1.3? ProRes4444 is great, but it's hard to justify the file size when the cameras themselves are only shooting 422 anyway.

baldand

Quote from: kyrobb on September 25, 2014, 09:05:54 PM
Do you plan to include ProRes 422 export in 1.3? ProRes4444 is great, but it's hard to justify the file size when the cameras themselves are only shooting 422 anyway.

I may include a 422 profile in 1.3. I think you are a bit misunderstanding though regarding "..cameras themselves are only shooting 422 anyway". Raw video is the bayer data straight from the sensor. It's neither (demosaiced) RGB or YUV, hence you can't really call it 422 or 444.

pc_bel

Hi baldand,
Working with your aplication for a long time. Now I have a strange problem. Installed version 1.2.3 and when I open the aplication I can't see de red dot. It plays mlv files ok. But doesn't export nothing. If I press W and choose a directory, when I press E in mov option, nothing happen. If I'm in dng option it creates the folder but doesn't export nothing inside. I don't know if anybody has the same problem. Can you help me please?.
Thanks a lot.

Log document says this:

MlRawViewer v1.2.3
(c) Andrew Baldwin & contributors 2013-2014
Using GLFW
Creating default 1D LUTs
[]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\ExportQueue", line 376, in doExportDng
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\ExportQueue", line 420, in processExportDng
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\ExportQueue", line 348, in tempEncoderWav
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\wave", line 502, in open
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\wave", line 163, in __init__
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\wave", line 128, in initfp
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\chunk", line 63, in __init__
EOFError

baldand

The red dot is removed but feature is there. Try pressing Y after starting the export to see if processing starts. Y pauses/ resumes

dfgh

I'm using windows 7 on PC and currently using the very same program ( in the same location ) on a networked computer with absolutely no problems. I have also noticed on that machine that the Jumplists in taskbar for explorer have stopped working, which roughly happened at the same time, whether these two are related I'll leave for you to decided. I haven't updated or anything like that as I leave my editing machines off the internet.

CPU Intel  i7 4930k
Nvidia GF670
SATA III Seagate Drives (none SSD )
RAM 32GB 1866mhz ( I think that's the speed anyway ) Quad Channel

pc_bel

The red dot is removed but feature is there. Try pressing Y after starting the export to see if processing starts. Y pauses/ resumes

Thanks for your answer. Still doesn't work. Now I'm using magiclantern-Nightly.2014Sep01.5D3113 and trying the conversion with old mlvs (from older nightlys) it works!!!!, so is something related to this nightly build, maybe?...

I will try to update my nightly build and will report if problem persist or not.

Thanks.

pc_bel

Nightly updated to 2014Sept12.5D3113 and works good!!!! Mlrawviewer works as it is supposed to do it.

So something related to the nightly or to my installation. Allways is better to think before act...

Anyway, baldand, thanks for the fast answer and for the excellent software too...

Kharak

Hey,

I could use some help with importing LUT's.

I press shift+L and choose a LUT, but it is not working. These luts are 3D, but I cant get them to work with MLRawViewer. I press shift+up/down and nothing happens. If I go through the 1D luts (left/right) I only find the ones included from MLrawviewer. Thinking maybe they were interpreted as 1D luts.

Do the .cube files have to be in a specific location?

Or is there something else I am doing wrong?

Thank you.
once you go raw you never go back

baldand

Quote from: Kharak on September 27, 2014, 03:08:12 AM
Hey,

I could use some help with importing LUT's.

I press shift+L and choose a LUT, but it is not working. These luts are 3D, but I cant get them to work with MLRawViewer. I press shift+up/down and nothing happens. If I go through the 1D luts (left/right) I only find the ones included from MLrawviewer. Thinking maybe they were interpreted as 1D luts.

Do the .cube files have to be in a specific location?

Or is there something else I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

If you are on windows, you need to apply the patch file on bitbucket to make LUT importing work. Will be fixed in 1.3

senzazn12

baldand

Quote from: senzazn12 on September 27, 2014, 02:12:28 PM
When will 1.3 be up?

It's not ready yet, but as soon as it is, I will make a binary of it.  You can follow progress in more detail on bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/commits/all

Kharak

Quote from: baldand on September 27, 2014, 10:16:33 AM
If you are on windows, you need to apply the patch file on bitbucket to make LUT importing work. Will be fixed in 1.3

Yes, thank you. That did the trick!

Should have mentioned I was on Windows.

once you go raw you never go back

senzazn12

Awesome. You think you can implement a tool for dual iso DNG processing of MLV clips shot with dual iso?

swinxx

@sanzasn12: dualiso implementation would be superhandy, with the "-same level option on" for flickerfree dngs :)
greets.

senzazn12

Quote from: swinxx on September 28, 2014, 09:58:46 AM
@sanzasn12: dualiso implementation would be superhandy, with the "-same level option on" for flickerfree dngs :)
greets.

It would. The MLV 1.9.2 convert program is great but it is not using the the current cr2hdr20bit same levels algo. I tried to replace the old cr2hdr.exe with the cr2hdr20bit.exe in the tools folder of program but it didn't work.

spnsir