Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

Yea, digic poke has maybe outlived usefulness.. memory browser I use all the time but digic poke hardly ever.

a1ex

For me it's the opposite. Last time I've used digic poke was when I discovered the DIGIC peaking (pretty recent).

1%

Here is a new 6D, fixes ocassional defects in dual iso preview and the meters:

http://www.filedropper.com/magiclantern-tragic2013oct226d113

Bitbucket upload is broken atm.

Handonam

I noticed somewhere in this thread that banding is something that Canon should look at?

Should i send in my camera to them to take a look, or is that something that we're stuck with? Should i try some different settings on ML? I notice it a bit under 3200 ISO.

Edit: nevermind, it's horizontal banding.  Clearly I don't have enough coffee this morning.

Virindi

Hi. I updated to the last version and the modules won't load. I select them and it says that they will load during next boot but it doesn't happen.
Any ideas? Thanks

1%

make sure they aren't disabled in module debug, also check that the sym files match.

Virindi

Yep I just found that: "disable all modules". It's ON by default.
I haven't updated for like 2 months, lot of changes in the menus.  ;)
Thanks

fauxtographer

Hey! Haven't been here in a while, just come to see what's up everyonce and a while.

Anything big happen? RAW a little more stable??
6D | 24-105 f/4 | 70-200 f/4 | 28 - 35 - 50 - 50 - 135 |

painya

Quote from: fauxtographer on November 02, 2013, 03:43:13 AM
Hey! Haven't been here in a while, just come to see what's up everyonce and a while.

Anything big happen? RAW a little more stable??
RAW footage is awesome, and yeah! Check out Dual_ISO! It's incredible!
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

electrichobo

Frame guide keeps going away in raw. Any thoughts?
Also ending up up with x.r00 files.

painya

Quote from: electrichobo on November 02, 2013, 10:05:10 PM
Frame guide keeps going away in raw. Any thoughts?
Also ending up up with x.r00 files.
Do you have frame skipping enabled?
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

electrichobo

1%

Fat32 card? That makes .r0X files, they are your clip continued.

The guide does go away with global draw now. Was kinda opposed to the black crop marks, go figure.

electrichobo

Quote from: 1% on November 02, 2013, 11:04:32 PM
Fat32 card? That makes .r0X files, they are your clip continued.

The guide does go away with global draw now. Was kinda opposed to the black crop marks, go figure.
so can i enable it with GD on?
exfat cards.

1%

Yea, you can but throughput might be meh. I can pull off 1280x720 in 1x at 24p with the raw color preview full screen (ml preview) or crop marked (hacked).

The latest:  bitbucket still blocking me

http://www.filedropper.com/6d-tragic2013nov036d113-win

RTLdan

Hello everyone!
Long time lurker (been following this thread since it was only 1 page!) , first time poster here.
I just installed the Nov 3rd ML build on my 6D. I just noticed in addition to the Raw_Rec module, there is a MLV_rec module. Is there a difference other than the metadata of the MLV format? I assume I'm going to want to use the MLV rec since it's the one that's really being developed right now? Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. This thread is my primary link to all things new in ML, and I don't remember reading anything particular about it.

Finally, I hadn't noticed that MLV_player module until tonight either. I spent, like, 15 minutes going through all the ML menus and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to access any kind of MLV player. I know it sounds stupid, but maybe someone can give me a little direction?

BIG thanks to the ML team for all their hard work! I'm especially grateful for color RAW previews at 720!
Thanks!
-Daniel

Rewind

Quote from: RTLdan on November 04, 2013, 05:59:46 AM
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to access any kind of MLV player

In Modules Menu select mlv_play and press Q. Read the description.

boogotti84

Quote from: 1% on November 03, 2013, 06:01:39 PM
Yea, you can but throughput might be meh. I can pull off 1280x720 in 1x at 24p with the raw color preview full screen (ml preview) or crop marked (hacked).

The latest:  bitbucket still blocking me

http://www.filedropper.com/6d-tragic2013nov036d113-win

how this build stable?

1%

You have to see what it does with your shooting style + features used. It hasn't crashed using it how I use it.

boogotti84

cheers 1% really appreciate your work  :D,
will  try it when i get home from work.
Just one feature i think that will help me is that, when shooting bracketed shots it is limited to 15 can that be higher? like 21? also i think more importantly is there away to shoot bracketed shots with mirror lock up?

-this will help get an clearer image( because no vibration from mirror)

- will speed up capture process? no waiting time for mirror to come up. **not sure about this

im a VFX artist so the more shots i get to create an hdri image the better/ accurate the light source will be in CG.
thanks

1%

I think you can shoot more bracketed shots than 15, something was done with that to make it infinite and then it was reverted to a more reasonable number. I mainly use auto so it just takes what it needs to.

Mirror lockup will slow down the shots but it will cut the vibrations like you said, there is a handheld mirror lockup that works between 1/x and 1/1XX, its in the shoot menu.

raiky

Hello  I'm kind of new here.  Not sure if I need to introduce myself somewhere else or here is enough:  I have a canon 6D  and  550D

A1ex,  about my question to you of the DNG file:   Well it worked, so I can see the picture in Windows when I open it.  I installed some codec from Adobe, but not really sure it was necessary.  Then it would be really nice to have the correct preview in the camera LCD when shooting Dual ISO.

BTW, I installed the development environment and produced my first build  ;D

One issue apart:  I noticed that the Kelvin (WB) cannot be reset to Auto.  I modified a little the code so it shows now Auto (when cycling temperature, however it's not really set back to the camera. You know what I mean?  How can we set this Auto WB in the camera. I know there is  set_kelvin...  but it needs a temperature, what is the temp for WB Auto?

Best Regards.
R.

1%

It could be a property. Log what happens when you change WB to auto from Q. None of the cameras can be set back to auto through the ML menu, it has been a minor issue for me but a bit annoying.

boogotti84

Quote from: 1% on November 04, 2013, 04:56:13 PM
Mirror lockup will slow down the shots but it will cut the vibrations like you said, there is a handheld mirror lockup that works between 1/x and 1/1XX, its in the shoot menu.

Sorry im abit of a noob to ML what does that mean 1/x and 1/1xx?

raiky

Quote from: 1% on November 04, 2013, 05:40:12 PM
It could be a property. Log what happens when you change WB to auto from Q. None of the cameras can be set back to auto through the ML menu, it has been a minor issue for me but a bit annoying.

Hi 1% thanks for the answer.  I will investigate a little bit.  Could you tell me shortly how to "log"?  sorry I'm quite new.

Regards.