Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

How does your dialog look? Mine is a rolling strip and 7AAD0 (thanks marsu, I memorized it now :) is always 0.

a1ex

Marsu42

Quote from: 1% on October 08, 2013, 04:47:23 PM
How does your dialog look? Mine is a rolling strip

The rolling strip of the 6d is a real pita if you ask me - good thing I nearly never use this menu to set anything :-p

Quote from: 1% on October 08, 2013, 04:47:23 PM
How does your dialog look? Mine is a rolling strip and 7AAD0 (thanks marsu, I memorized it now :) is always 0.

Maybe we could ask Canon not to rush their firmware and fix this in the next update... it's really annoying, I am still working to get around this in the auto_iso module & I didn't find a reliable replacement yet...

1%

That looks like the classic dialog.

6D looks like this:

a1ex

Maybe you can try with get_current_dialog_handler()?

1%

I think I tried that when I was removing it long ago. Nada

Marsu42

The 6D ignores lens_set_rawiso() if it's out of bounds of the manual iso limits in the Canon menu :-o ... I expected the Canon fw to set an in-bounds iso, but it simply does nothing.

Is there an equivalent to auto_iso_range on 5d3/6d that enables me to get the min. & max. values for "ISO speed range" form the Canon menu?

If so, lens.c could be amended with a function lens_set_rawiso_coerce() that forces the requested iso into Canon bounds.

1%

It should be in LVAE_ISO_HIS.. also check the min. That's where the auto iso range is.

Marsu42

Quote from: 1% on October 09, 2013, 07:41:59 PM
It should be in LVAE_ISO_HIS.. also check the min.

Nope, at least not by using the autoiso method (LVAE_ISO_HIS && 0xFF) and (LVAE_ISO_HIS >> 8 ) ... LVAE_ISO_MIN also doesn't work. Also when using the memory browser (I used it for the first time :-)) to look at the LVAE_STRUCT 0xc4d78 -> LVAE_ISO_HIS 0xc5266 is only see blank memory with all 0...

Sorry if I'm doing it the wrong way, I really like to try to discover these for myself and be of help but I'm not used to finding these things on my own (yet).

a1ex

I believe these are some properties. 5D3 behaves the same, it refuses everything outside Canon range.

The routine from Expo menu simply tries them all, until one succeeds.

Edit: on 5D3 it seems to be 80040033, uint8_t data[4] = (uint8_t*)buf; data[0] is max iso, data[1] is min iso, data[2] is 1 with isos astronomicos, 0 with normal ones.

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on October 09, 2013, 10:23:23 PM
The routine from Expo menu simply tries them all, until one succeeds.

A, well, that's a method, too :-> ... I hope 1% finds the 6d version of these min/max iso values, he seems to be about 1000% better at that than me.

1%

Its not in that struct any more.. its somewhere like offset 0xee around 0x81A90/81A88, I have to look at the decompile to see where.

I also rechecked the other offsets and they are good.

Marsu42

Quote from: 1% on October 09, 2013, 11:57:48 PM
Its not in that struct any more..

Great you're having a look at it, getting these values and a "proper" way to choose an working in-range iso value would be really nice. Obviously Canon did some more changes than just to replace the old-school iso menu to the new 6d iso stip (it's also on 70d, I just had a quick look at the manual, page 120).

Imho ml lens.h should contain these portable functions: 1. get min. manual iso, 2. get max.manual iso, 3. change lens_set_rawiso to auto-coerce into these bounds instead of just failing (but return an error code if it didn't set the exact requested iso).

wrestler31

Please excuse my ignorance everyone but I actually just made an account to ask this question. I was looking through youtube and forums on instructions on how to install ML. If that wasn't confusing enough I learned that ML was even available for my 6D. After reading the intro on this post "file to dump the firmware, set your bootflag, and dump the debug log" i'm now way in over my head in trying to figure this out. Can someone please help me with direct step by step instructions in how to install ML on my 6D?

Info (if it helps)

Canon 6D
64 GB Sd card (I have smaller ones available if needed)
I have downloaded Magic Lantern-v2 from the official site
I have downloaded 6D-112.fir

PS. I did open and read the instructions that came bundled in the Magic Lantern-v2 bundle but the whole "file to dump the firmware, set your bootflag, and dump the debug log" has be going off the walls.

Thank you in advance guys!!

Marsu42

Quote from: wrestler31 on October 12, 2013, 02:27:17 PM
Please excuse my ignorance everyone

This link should be in the 1st post, I also needed a bit to find the current instructions: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5530.msg37766#msg37766

1%

Forget the v2 bundle... there is a guide on here for install that answers your questions.

Rikoshet

Hi 1%! In latest [6D] Tragic.2013Oct14.6D113.zip audio metter does not work!
Has only min and max indication, gray or green bars!
No more dat file problem! Thanks!!!  :D
5d mk3, 5d mk2, 7d, 550d, gh4

Marsu42

Sorry if missing something obvious, but is (auto)ettr supposed to work in photo mode on the current TL trunk? If I select "always on" or "auto snap" it does absolutely nothing over here, it works in lv though.

a1ex

If raw zebras are working in photo mode, ETTR should work too. If not... not.

g3gg0

Quote from: 1% on September 24, 2013, 05:54:39 PM
Don't digic V and digic IV have the rom on different addresses? At the least rom1/rom0 are flipped at the worst its backing up garbage.

backup_region(CARD_DRIVE "ML/LOGS/ROM1.BIN", 0xF8000000, 0x01000000);
    backup_region(CARD_DRIVE "ML/LOGS/ROM0.BIN", 0xF0000000, 0x01000000);

this covers all.
we simply can extract properties, main firmware and anything else we need to recover bricked cameras,
as long the bootloader is intact and loads autoexec.bin.

please dont ask me to explain again why 0xF8000000-0xF8FFFFFF is enough for all models :)
except there are models with 32 MiB flash - then we would have to write 0x02000000 bytes.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on October 19, 2013, 08:29:00 PM
If raw zebras are working in photo mode, ETTR should work too. If not... not.

... not, I checked it. I'll project the big bat to the sky to call 1% to the rescue! :-)

I also added a bug ticket to the TL fork: https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/issue/20/auto-ettr-doesnt-work-in-photo-mode

1%

Still works as far as I can tell:

darkstarr

hey team,

I'm currently running  ML using the updated version from the 1st post of the install guide from noisy boy (24/08/13).
one thing thats currently bothering me and can't figure out is when I'm in live view and press the Q button and then press any arrow keys i get some codes that pop up on the screen eg: 

c0f079dc:
= 0
= 0 0
= 0 0 0 0

and pressing different arrow keys seem to give me different values.
how to i disable this and regain control of my Q button? :)

Im pretty sure its something simple that needs to be disabled but i cant figure what.

thanks guys

1%

You turned on digic poke. Its in the debug menu.

darkstarr

Quote from: 1% on October 22, 2013, 12:24:55 AM
You turned on digic poke. Its in the debug menu.

ahh i knew that was it,
its just that it said DANGER! on that option so I didnt have the guts to press it   ;D

thanks 1%