Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenatoPhoto

Excellent work guys!  I just found this discussion and wanted to say that:
1brain + 2 brains + ... nbrains = MLbrains
Find a way to make sure this little equation remains true.
I love your work and I am happy to see that you are working towards a bigger joint MLbrain!
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

Marsu42

Where do you want crash/assert logs posted - here or in the bug tracker? Is this helpful at all without a detailed way to reproduce it (which I am not likely to provide, I'm not keen on *deliberately* crashing it, and it seems the crashes occur with me not doing anything extraordinary)? Here's a sample from today:

ASSERT: 0
at Stub.c:29, task CtrlSrv
lv:0 mode:2

and this crash twice:

ASSERT: FALSE
at ./ASIF/ASIF.c:486, task ASIF
lv:0 mode:2

all from

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.M42.ml1p6d.2013Sep24.6D113
Mercurial changeset   : ef54670e2db6+ (unified) tip
Built on 2013-09-24 10:22:59 UTC by USER@HARRIS.
Free Memory  : 352K + 1967K

1%

I've seen the ctrlserv one before, but not sure how to reproduce it either, after that the asif patches get taken off with the CPU reset and it beeps.

nandoide

I've been testing the nightly build of 6D an I found:

1) raw_rec Small hacks don't work. "Hack Error on screen expected xxxxxx, obtained yyyyyy". Tragic Lantern compiled version is OK (well, no error on screen).

2) fps override 18 fps on 24 1920x1080 IPB video mode, for example, High FPS for example, high shutter speed < 1"/800, when I change from 1x to 5x, sometimes image on "false color" (see example images on URL). Changing modes, image recovers, then no big issue. The problem arises in callings to function set_lv_zoom . The problem is most important when activating memory hack in raw_rec or mlv_rec, because callings to ResumeLiveView that calls itself to set_lv_zoom. Then sometimes when start recording the image gets "false color" and record is KO.

As a workaround I modified raw_rec calling fps_disable and fps_enable before and after calls to ResumeLiveView. It works but it's ugly and frames 3 and 4 are overexposed (perhaps because fps_enable is not instantaneous).

The issue is on ML and TL versions.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0s7ayi40o6w4ted/fvPZXHrIZt

1%

That makes sense, the problem is its not catching mode changes and applying zoom/different mode timings to the wrong mode. If you go back to the mode it thought it was in, the image will be right.

Also another great way to get messed image:
Leave autoexpo on, it will expose right when the lv is paused.
Ie. you set iso 6400, it sets iso 128k when doing the memory hack and your shot is shot.

Marsu42

Question concerning usability: Can ml catch the START/STOP key and tie lots of useful functions to this virtually unused key just like M.fn on the 5d3 behaves?

EDIT: Answering my own question: No, obviously not, it just throws a 54 gui event :-\ ... but still the RATE function in play mode should go somewhere, after all the 5d3 has a dedicated button for it so it's really missing on the 6d!

1%

Rate works from play mode. I dunno how its not working for you.

fotojohni

Don't know if this has been covered, but undercranked 720p @ 23.978 fps raw looks sharper than 1080p H.264 (with VAF filter) and records continuously @16:9.

It has very little rolling shutter (less than half from my initial tests).
It has much higher latitude with the colors.  Basically looks like film.

Pretty cool, good job guys.  You have my thanks.

Marsu42

Quote from: 1% on September 25, 2013, 10:26:22 PM
Rate works from play mode. I dunno how its not working for you.

Wa-whaaaat? However do you do that - could you please describe the steps? Here's what I do: Enable rating in the ml config, go into play mode with the lower blue button, press START/STOP - result: nothing.

1%

Image review -> lv button -> rate
Press play, press start/stop, says rate +1 on the screen.

Marsu42

Quote from: 1% on September 26, 2013, 09:56:22 PM
Press play, press start/stop, says rate +1 on the screen.

A-ha, now I've got it - it only works if lv is enabled, obviously ml doesn't catch START/STOP outside lv :-\ ...

... well, better than nothing I guess, but I hate enabling lv, flipping the mirror, exposing the sensor & draining the battery just for this (I usually take a lot of time reviewing the images) - maybe we should add an option to tie rate/protect to another button that does work outside lv?

Edit: Can you tell which of the existing buttons do send gui events outside lv? I'd like to know because I'm currently working on an "outside lv" hotkey module.

1%

It works outside of LV... but now protect image is not.

Gecko

1%, is it possible to add functionality to AUDIO menu, at least "selectable input source"? It is very usable feature.

a1ex

Quote from: Marsu42 on September 26, 2013, 10:18:45 PM
exposing the sensor & draining the battery just for this (I usually take a lot of time reviewing the images)

In playback mode, the sensor is not exposed (this is how I found the key to implementing powersave in LV), and afaik it does not need any power to keep the mirror up (hint: some crashes will leave the mirror up and it will go down at next reboot).

Leave the camera in playback (outside LV) for 10 minutes, then read the battery life estimation from Debug menu, and then do the same thing in LiveView's playback. Then post the results; they should confirm or invalidate my theory (I didn't try).

dlang

so what ended up getting merged and what is left to merge?

1%

Quote1%, is it possible to add functionality to AUDIO menu, at least "selectable input source"? It is very usable feature.

The audio stuff is in the last bin. I ended up reverting edmac wav tho because it had problems outside of LV.

mjstudio

any chance to unlock Aperture priority mode in video ?

bjacklee

Hi Guys, Anyone having problem with H.264 low fps? I tried using this feaure for timelapse but I get lots of dead pixels. And after recording everything goes white. Need advice please..  :(

NikeFreak

что нового в этой [6D] WavTemFix.zip сборке?
what new in this [6D] WavTemFix.zip to assembly?
6D ML + Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 + Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS II + Canon 50mm F1.8 STM + Zenitar 16mm F2.8 + Canon SpeedLite 430EX II
650D ML + Canon 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 STM + Helios 44-2 58mm F2.0
500D ML + Canon 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS II + Canon 18-55 mm F3.5-5.6 IS

Marsu42

I just discovered that ISO_ADJUSTMENT_ACTIVE is not working, with the comment "That Function is dead.".

Does this mean there is no known way to detect Canon AutoISO on the 6D, or does it simply mean nobody has yet taken the pain to search for the correct memory address / function on the 6D? I need this for the auto_iso module.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/issue/18/iso_adjustment_active-is-dead

a1ex

Canon AutoISO is lens_info.raw_iso == 0. The above constant is about the ISO adjustment dialog (when you press ISO and a box pops up).

I use it in a few places, so it's a good idea to find it. Should be true when the dialog is active (LV or photo), and false if not.

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on October 06, 2013, 04:25:15 PMThe above constant is about the ISO adjustment dialog (when you press ISO and a box pops up).

Unfortunately this is exactly how I use it :-\ ... because as I've just discovered:

* (ISO_ADJUSTMENT_ACTIVE && !lens_info.raw_iso) means that the iso button is pressed on "A"
* (ISO_ADJUSTMENT_ACTIVE && lens_info.raw_iso) means that the iso button is pressed on any numerical iso value

I use this to quickly enable/disable the auto_iso module w/o entering the menu and to completely replace Canon Auto ISO, it works great on 60d, but on 6D as stated ISO_ADJUSTMENT_ACTIVE always 0.

Also, I have not the slightest clue on how to find these things, so It'd be really great if 1% or someone else could attempt it :-o

matthew19

Love the build for the 6d. One thing that is missing is the magenta/green shift icons while in live view. All I see is kelvin. Its easy to forget that its shifted sometimes!

1%

I think you need to ask in the new info bars thread for that :)

QuoteI use it in a few places, so it's a good idea to find it. Should be true when the dialog is active (LV or photo), and false if not.

Is it really changing on 5DIII? On 6D this location is always 0 and xrefs to the same spot as 5DIII/600D/etc. It actually caused bugs when enabled

a1ex

Yes, both LV and photo. It doesn't react to other Canon dialogs.