Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virindi

I did a quick test:
I shot 8 photos with alternate frames ON, prefix name ON. 1 3 5 7 and 8 turned out dual iso in exposure. 8 should have been normal.
For prefix: 1 3 5 8 named dual. 7 missing prefix

:)

1%

And its hit or miss too because I shot 6 in rapid succession, 3 were prefix, 3 were not. i'm  not sure if they matched but the number was right at least.

Probably not only a 6D bug. There is some conflict with named bracketing but it shouldn't matter if its off or if dual ISO changed the name first(only 1 thing can change the name at a time, if it has no key its locked out).

Pelican

Quote from: JusT92 on August 18, 2013, 04:35:56 PM
where can i find a 6D dual iso build ? can someone can give me a link please ^^ cant find it anymore
Start EOScard and follow the instructions I gave a few reply before...
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

1%

I found a bug with 720P and fps override, after recording finishes, it does something with timing and messes up the LV, you have to press play to get it back.

I think this is what nanotide was talking about. Its like FPS doesn't update some times when mode changes. Also happens going from 720 -> 24 and its most prevalent at exact FPS, 23.976. I never saw it from those other FPS modes.

cpreston

Regarding my consecutive files bug: it is intermittent.  It probably has something to do with my settings in ML of the way it is accessing the SD card.  If I track it down, I will post the fix.  But, right now, I wouldn't trust ML on the 6D for covering events as the file doesn't appear to be recoverable.

oscaroo

I've also had DualISO fail to activate sometimes.
It's intermittent when the camera wakes up from sleep and dualiso was set before it went to sleep. The first shot that wakes it doesn't have dual iso on it.

Also, Defishing is broken, it err70's Memory.c # 187 task livev_hiprio_task. lv:1 mode:3 (assert false)
Motion detect wit image diff seemed is dead. The diff square is always black.
Motion detect still works fine with expo diff.

I also had trap focus being a bit unreliable, but it could be cos i had the fisheye on it. *shrug. I'll try with another lens later.

And yes, next time I will heed the blinking light to not remove the MC.

1%

Not enough memory to run it + modules. Maybe I'll switch it to shoot malloc.

So that works but defish never frees the memory so you lose the raw converter and stuff like that.

Hehe, we're back to that. What stopped working besides raw converter?

For now can throw it in malloc. It still never frees the memory.

oscaroo

Haha. Back to the raw converter win/lose.
I'm happy with defish to never work. I never use it anyway. I was demoing ML to a friend. I even had my fisheye for the spesh occasion.

When raw converter died, I don't think anything else died.
But I love my raw converter.

1%

BTW pretty much any assert at memory.c, especially from ML tasks means you ran out of ram. Now I know why a1ex made the _allocate memory_do deal.

oscaroo

Handonam

I have the combination of these two errors:
ASSERT: FALSE
at ./Memory/Memory.c:187, task lv_playback
lv:0 mode:2

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Jun18.6D113
Mercurial changeset   : f9fa26941115+ (unified) tip
Built on 2013-06-18 13:49:43 by user@D610.
Free Memory  : 445K + 1446K

at ./ASIF/ASIF.c:486, task ASIF
lv:0 mode:2

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Jun18.6D113
Mercurial changeset   : f9fa26941115+ (unified) tip
Built on 2013-06-18 13:49:43 by user@D610.
Free Memory  : 445K + 1435K

From what i've read from the past few pages, we should be switching to m_alloc or something? (i have no idea what that means, haaha)

Edit:  nevermind, this was frmo an old card! woops.  This is my current error on the dual ISO one:
at ./Memory/Memory.c:187, task menu_redraw_task
lv:1 mode:0

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Aug11.6D113
Mercurial changeset   : 90a269a7cd8f+ (unified) tip
Built on 2013-08-11 18:24:55 UTC by user@D610.
Free Memory  : 445K + 1473K

1%

Both of those are memory errors, try to load less modules at a time... asif happens after the memory error when CPU is reset and patches are de-applied. I did malloc for de-fishing but there isn't enough room there for anything else atm.

nandoide

Quote from: 1% on August 18, 2013, 11:15:17 PM
I found a bug with 720P and fps override, after recording finishes, it does something with timing and messes up the LV, you have to press play to get it back.

I think this is what nanotide was talking about. Its like FPS doesn't update some times when mode changes. Also happens going from 720 -> 24 and its most prevalent at exact FPS, 23.976. I never saw it from those other FPS modes.

Yes it seems the same issue, but I found it on other FPS modes. Perhaps it's necessary to set a sleep time somewhere.

noisyboy

Quote from: teo770 on August 17, 2013, 11:26:59 PM
Yes Noisyboy... give up the beach, come back to work on ML !!!

Haha! I'm still alive just been very busy :) Had a TV pilot, a music video, two commercials and to top it off an edit of what seems to be the LONGEST wedding video in the world  and that's in the last 6 weeks alone! Can't complain though, business is finally good and it allowed me to buy kgv5's VAF filter for my 6D so now that the dust is starting to settle I can nerd out with it and ML Raw starting from Sunday! Woohoo! 8)

In regards to Dual Iso, would this really make a difference as surely this all happens after the data is captured from the stream? Only one way to find out I guess! Got a shoot on Sunday so I'll really put it through it's paces! Started doing a few weddings which I always like to test out new ML stuff on! Was saying to Audionut, if only the couples knew that I was shooting with an experimental hack that could potentially ruin everyone's day ;) Already screwed up capturing someone's first dance with earlier raw builds like a god damn boss  8)

I'll test this sucker out and report back after Sunday! Can't wait to get my nerd on again!

noisyboy

Ooo! Ps. Anyone else got a problem with like all the drawing disappearing and then not being able to do anything unless you press the shutter down? Seems to happen every now and then after recording raw but no crash so no log I'm afraid.

oscaroo

Thanks ML
My weekend fun has been great.

Auto ETTR is great when on sand dunes, or snow as you get all the deets w/o blownouts and can later fix.
Sadly, it sometimes fails to work and this time it took me a while to make it work again after some fumbling.

Intervalometer is better than the built in time, and the take several pictures at a time feature is great for group photos and getting everyone with their eyes open.

Yay! Thanks ML.

1%

Auto preview in raw module? It wouldn't turn on global draw, should be fixed

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/commits/61864b3f981a8f91866849265685533eac10d37b

Need to try dual iso for video... work flow seems a bit complicated.

dlang

am I reading this right that there is an alternating dual/single iso mode?

does this mean that if I set this mode I should be able to just hold down the shutter and it will alternate between the two modes?

If so, this is fantastic!!

(if not, any chance of creating such a mode? something like switching between single ISO 3200 and dual ISO 1600/6400 for example)

1%

It works, set it to every other shot in the module... just the prefix may be mixed up between them. So set to 3200, take a shot and then set to 1600 and the next pic should be dual iso...

SenorClean

Enjoying ML lots - thanks for all your efforts!  I ran CHDK on my compacts back in the day and really missed the 3rd party love on the 450D.

I thought I'd post some benchmarks to add to the pool of knowledge:

16GB 45MB/sec Sandisk Extreme (not pro)
http://imageshack.us/a/img13/2299/9mxh.png

Class 10 Verbatim 32GB SDHC
http://imageshack.us/a/img821/5386/vtwd.png

dlang

Quote from: 1% on August 26, 2013, 03:42:14 PM
It works, set it to every other shot in the module... just the prefix may be mixed up between them. So set to 3200, take a shot and then set to 1600 and the next pic should be dual iso...
I was thinking in terms of continuous shooting where you don't have a chance to change settings. I was imagining something along the lines of the auto-bracketing setup, where you set the number of steps +- for the dual-ISO shot, and then it adjusts automatically from whatever ISO you have set for your single ISO shooting (ideally including the value picked by auto-ISO)

noisyboy

Quote from: 1% on August 26, 2013, 01:12:54 AM
Auto preview in raw module? It wouldn't turn on global draw, should be fixed

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/commits/61864b3f981a8f91866849265685533eac10d37b

Need to try dual iso for video... work flow seems a bit complicated.

Cheers  8)

electrichobo

any updates on having the wav/audio record with the video clip in one file (non separate)

1%

For raw? You can record H264 with embedded audio, just don't turn on stuff like FPS override/flush rate

ilguercio

Quote from: 1% on September 02, 2013, 07:31:48 PM
For raw? You can record H264 with embedded audio, just don't turn on stuff like FPS override/flush rate
I am using the nightly builds and i am missing the BR controls and all the stuff.
Why?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.