Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam.anstis

I'm missing all the audio controls.

1%

A1ex didn't like it so he commented it out from the nightlies.

More audio controls will happen when I figure out how to use those i2c commands/find out what IC we have in there for sure. The monitoring is really the big stinker as you already can set the input from canon. That and maybe audio shortcuts.

thw

I recently installed ML on my 6D. It works but when the camera is carrying out automated AF dot tuning, the graphical display on the LCD goes blank. It'll show up again when the job is done. Am I the only one to experience this? Or is this behavior perfectly normal since the 6D is not fully supported?

mjstudio

1%

QuoteOr is this behavior perfectly normal since the 6D is not fully supported?

I think this is normal for afma. If you want to see the screen turn off the canon feature that blanks it when you press 1/2 shutter.

thw

Quote from: 1% on September 05, 2013, 03:03:26 PM
I think this is normal for afma. If you want to see the screen turn off the canon feature that blanks it when you press 1/2 shutter.

Coool.  8) That works.

a1ex

Would be nice to suggest it in the menu. None of my cameras have this feature though; you press INFO to turn off the display.

1%

Probably not a bad idea. I thought all cameras without LCD sensor had the option to off the screen when you press half shutter or let it stays on, it got me when it was first being developed.

nchant

How stable is the latest release?
Last time I tried it (about 2 months ago) it crashed every 5 mins or so.

rktaylor

Question about downloading from the Nightly Builds instead of from OtherOnePercent/TragicLantern

Do we now download from the Nightly Build section on this web site rather then from OtherOnePercent/TragicLantern?  If we do then I noticed that the dual_iso.mo is not in the build.  Were do we get the current version for the 6D?  Currently I downloaded it from the OtherOnePercent/TragicLantern site.  Is that correct or is there a more current/updated version for the 6D?

Once again, your team is AMAZING!  I need to make a more current contribution.  THANKS!!!

6D | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 | EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L

1%

Latest isn't compiled as I've been working on 7D. You're free to try the nightly, its not missing all that much. Dunno if the crashing is getting any better since memory is at a premium with all these modules. Recent commits I've had less startup memory crashes... but thats pretty much the only kind I've had recently.

rktaylor

Thanks 1%

So it looks like I can continue to download from the Nightly Build until you produce one.  When you compile yours wouldn't it be the same one from the Nightly Build on that date or are they different?  Sorry ... I'm just trying to understand where they are different.

Thanks again!
6D | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 | EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L

a1ex

The nightlies for 6D from the main page are completely untested, so be careful ;)

1%

QuoteI'm just trying to understand where they are different.

The nightly may have 1 or 2 consts left over from 112 so something like trap focus (remember fixing it) didn't work. Nothing that would cause serious problems or people would be complaining already.

Rikoshet

Hi 1% and others!

Maybe it was already asked but anyway I have a question...I quite sure the answer is no, but:

is digic cpu capable to dng compression, maybe via script? Too slow?
Asking couse a dng at 1792x1008 is about (in my case) 3.2MB, and a lossy dng is 580KB!!!
Thanks!
5d mk3, 5d mk2, 7d, 550d, gh4

1%

It would work about as fast as the raw preview updates.

Rikoshet

What you mean 1%? So, in theory, is it possible? Would be marvelous, I'have read that lossy dng are quite same quality
as lossless! Not shure about, but maybe it is better then sqeezed images...

1%

How fast is the raw preview... like 5fps? Thats how fast its possible.

kaktus

Hello 1%.
Here is my question: as I understand, in 6D throughput SD card does not exceed 40 MB/s. Therefore cards such as SanDisk Extreme Pro with 96 MB/s virtually useless obtained and uninterrupted record in the maximal mode is equal to 1600х600. This is due to the circuitry of the device? A limitation of the hardware? Or is it possible to programmatically work around, increasing the capacity?

Sorry for English, I write through a translator. I hope that translated clear.

oscaroo

Hey Kaktus.
Yeah, I think a 96MB/s card would be "wasted" on the 6d if you're recording stuff onto it.
However! downloading the data to your computer through a usb3 card reader would definitely benefit from a higher-speed memory card.

I personally hate being stuck on USB2 land and downloading photos at 20MB/s. One day i'll get my usb3 laptop, one day.

Rikoshet

1%, I don't understand your point! My question was: If I can do 24fps continuously or not at some resolution, would it be possible take this 24 dngs and compress them to lossy dng on the fly using internal resources?
Thank you!

csoller

Quote from: Rikoshet on September 19, 2013, 11:44:47 AM
1%, I don't understand your point! My question was: If I can do 24fps continuously or not at some resolution, would it be possible take this 24 dngs and compress them to lossy dng on the fly using internal resources?
Thank you!

Im afraid your question has already been answered by 1%. And the answer is no.

Marsu42

Waaaaaahhh, my new 6d arrives tomorrow, and the 6d ml build is broken for nearly a week :-o ... anyone care to fix this free_space_show thingy?

make -C  /cygdrive/H/SHARED/ml/ml-mod1/platform/6D.113
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/H/SHARED/ml/ml-mod1/platform/6D.113'
[ VERSION  ]   ../../platform/6D.113/version.bin
[ VERSION  ]   ../../platform/6D.113/version.c
[ CC       ]   version.o
make -C ../../tcc
make[2]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/H/SHARED/ml/ml-mod1/tcc'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/H/SHARED/ml/ml-mod1/tcc'
[ LD       ]   magiclantern
../../src/Makefile.src:176: recipe for target `magiclantern' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/H/SHARED/ml/ml-mod1/platform/6D.113'
Makefile:18: recipe for target `6D' failed
/bitrate-6d.c:480: first defined here
lens.o: In function `free_space_show_photomode':
H:\SHARED\ml\ml-mod1\platform\6D.113/../../src/lens.c:889: multiple definition of `free_space_show_photomode'
bitrate-6d.o:H:\SHARED\ml\ml-mod1\platform\6D.113/../../src/bitrate-6d.c:506: first defined here
lens.o: In function `free_space_show':
H:\SHARED\ml\ml-mod1\platform\6D.113/../../src/lens.c:911: multiple definition of `free_space_show'
bitrate-6d.o:H:\SHARED\ml\ml-mod1\platform\6D.113/../../src/bitrate-6d.c:399: first defined here
lens.o: In function `free_space_show_photomode':
lens.c:(.text+0x24b8): undefined reference to `cluster_size'
lens.c:(.text+0x24bc): undefined reference to `free_space_raw'
lens.o: In function `free_space_show':
lens.c:(.text+0x2590): undefined reference to `cluster_size'
lens.c:(.text+0x2594): undefined reference to `free_space_raw'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [magiclantern] Error 1
make: *** [6D] Error 2

1%

So just compile of mine or use the pre-built I just made. Main is going to be missing out on audio controls/headphone and a bunch of stuff.

Marsu42

Quote from: 1% on September 22, 2013, 08:54:48 PM
So just compile of mine or use the pre-built I just made. Main is going to be missing out on audio controls/headphone and a bunch of stuff.

Where's your repo and/or your 6d nightlies (sorrry if I'm overlooking the obvious)?

The reason why I want a working trunk is because my own fork with some personal modules is based on that, thus with the official builds our yours I for example couldn't use ml auto iso which I also will use for the 6d a lot because I can set min. av shutter speeds of > 1/250s.