Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malakai

Thats ok, as long as the bug isnt happening just copy the ML, autoexec.bin and .fir file off, zip em up and post a link so i can test exactly what you have got on my camera.

Hunting for that elusive EOS M shutterbug!!

gary2013

Quote from: Malakai on September 27, 2013, 03:33:37 PM
Thats ok, as long as the bug isnt happening just copy the ML, autoexec.bin and .fir file off, zip em up and post a link so i can test exactly what you have got on my camera.

Malakai, just go to http://ml.bot-fly.com/  and download the newest ssept 26th version and that is what i have on my card along with the two folders that canon creates from the first format in camera.. I did have to find that fonts.dat file from an older version I have in my archives of ML. i got an error asking for that fonts file my first try installing the spet 26th version. what I have on my card and if i zipped it, it would be the same files that you can easily get from http://ml.bot-fly.com/

gary

jerrykil

Guys, there was a font change a few days back. the reason you're getting a font file not found error is probably because some of the ML files/modules are still looking for those old font files. It would be good to replace your ML directory assuming your autoexec.bin is already the newer one

edit: replace as in delete the old one, and not simply write over it with updated files, since that keeps old files that aren't replaced

haomuch

Yes the September 26th version killed the shuttle bug. I am very happy with that since I am kind of tried with the boker effect of big aperture fixed focal length lens recently and have come back to the simple but fast 18-55 kit. I like to take more photos of better composition and ideas with that auto focus lens later.

haomuch

But also noticed that nether the magic zoom nor the live view  auto zoom function was improved in the latest version. Hope we can see a really reliable manual focus function in the future.

feureau

Does anyone know how to use the defishing on EOS-M? It only says hit LV+play to use but pressing the play (preview pics) button doesn't do anything defishing-wise?

I understand it doesn't work on liveview yet, but is it supposed to work in preview mode?

Thanks

Nevermind.

In case someone is having the same issue: Turn on image review and it will defish on image reviews. Nothing defish outside of that.

gary2013

I have sept 28 ver loaded and I get an error message flashing in red along the top of the screen saying
[90] menu redraw task stack overflow: free=0 used =8192.
after installing sept 28, i made a few tests recording raw and this error message started. I was shooting 1280x720 crop mode 30 fps, which was running continuous  until i hit the stop.

gary

gary2013

ver sept 28, movie mode, ML menus wrench tab,  LiveView zoom tweaks does not work if the crop mode is on. it works with the crop mode off. This is all in manual focus mode.

Gary

a1ex

Can you show a video of the stack overflow? How to reproduce?

What should zooming do in crop mode, where the image is already zoomed in?

1%

You can't zoom in crop mode... its a mode just like 5x/10x/1x, canon pops up a message saying zoom is not avail.

BlueBomberTurbo

Only been trying the nightlies since 9/26, but I seem to be getting a lot of "Expo Limit Reached" errors when using ETTR.  Nothing specific seems to trigger it.  Never had it happen once with the original ML version I started off on, [EOSM]FullbackADTGui.  At worst, that only had a few "Whoops" errors, but the biggest issue is that ETTR won't work again unless I take a photo or restart the camera, and that doesn't guarantee that the exposure limit error won't just come right back.  Any ideas?

gary2013

Quote from: a1ex on September 29, 2013, 06:55:01 PM
Can you show a video of the stack overflow? How to reproduce?

What should zooming do in crop mode, where the image is already zoomed in?
sorry I don't have a video to show of the stack overflow. I just tried about ten times to reproduce it. I must have been in 24 fps to have it shoot continuous. I only now get 160 frames in 30p, so I tried it many times in 24p and it is not showing up. I will try to remember more of what actually happens and save a video if it happens again.

I was exploring the menus and in the LiveView I noticed I could not set something. I realized that crop mode was on and that is why I wrote it here. I was not thinking of why I would need it.

feureau

Quote from: BlueBomberTurbo on September 29, 2013, 10:04:13 PM
Only been trying the nightlies since 9/26, but I seem to be getting a lot of "Expo Limit Reached" errors when using ETTR.  Nothing specific seems to trigger it.  Never had it happen once with the original ML version I started off on, [EOSM]FullbackADTGui.  At worst, that only had a few "Whoops" errors, but the biggest issue is that ETTR won't work again unless I take a photo or restart the camera, and that doesn't guarantee that the exposure limit error won't just come right back.  Any ideas?

Expo limit reached means you need to readjust your limits, like decreasing shutter speed limit or the noise limit thingy. But still, does ETTR already work properly on the EOS-M? It hunts for exposure a lot and can't seem to nail ETTR exposure properly most of the time.

jerrykil

Quote from: feureau on September 30, 2013, 02:53:04 AM
It hunts for exposure a lot and can't seem to nail ETTR exposure properly most of the time.
Same for me. I'd love to see fixes to ETTR and advanced bracketing

nicklear9

Is it helpful for us to say what we would "like" to be able to do? Or just annoying?

A few people have mentioned this one, and I wanted to add my wish for it: to be able to half-press shutter to get straight out of LiveView zoom tweak mode rather than have to wait for the, admittedly quite short, 1-2s delay. i.e. If I have focus ring ON and half-shutter OFF for Zoom Tweak, I would like to use half shutter to come straight out of zoom.

I mention it as this is my favourite feature at the moment which I am enjoying. Thank you so much to those working on this, it massively adds to the enjoyment of the EOS M.

tetsu

I´ve been testing the latest builds and it works fine!

I have two questions:

1- What is needed for the bulb ramping (sunset, sunrise) mode to work?
2- Is there a way to take pictures while on video crop zoom mode? It will be great to have a picture at 10x on a 200mm lens! (even if its only 2mp).

Thanks for the great work guys!

BlueBomberTurbo

Quote from: jerrykil on September 30, 2013, 03:32:30 AM
Same for me. I'd love to see fixes to ETTR and advanced bracketing
Hmm, not sure how it's supposed to work when it's working properly, but normally, mine would adjust exposure 3-4 times, bright -> dark -> bright etc.,  before settling on the final correct one.

On a happier note, looks like the newer builds actually work with Dual ISO!  For whatever reason, [EOSM]FullbackADTGui wouldn't encode the CR2 properly, and would throw errors in CR2HDR.

1%

Dual ISO was broken then... I posted on here that the pattern was meh, then found a fix with nanomad.

I'll check the ETTR, a1ex made changes to it but its still working on everything else. Surprised if its broken here.

feureau

Quote from: jerrykil on September 30, 2013, 07:30:46 PM

Well, pretty sure I know what I'm doing. Just hit the round button on the thingy and it will snap some purdy picatures, right?

Quote from: 1% on September 30, 2013, 06:12:55 PM
Dual ISO was broken then... I posted on here that the pattern was meh, then found a fix with nanomad.

I'll check the ETTR, a1ex made changes to it but its still working on everything else. Surprised if its broken here.

Wait, DualISO is working just fine with me. Is there something wrong? I can manually set exposures right and it shoots and process cleanly and perfectly with cr2hdr. It's dualISO with ETTR that isn't working properly...

jerrykil

Quote from: feureau on September 30, 2013, 09:51:00 PM
Wait, DualISO is working just fine with me. Is there something wrong?
He was referring to the old build that was posted. Dual_iso was fixed after that build and has been working flawless for some weeks now.

feureau

okay cool

Btw has anyone noticed the sometimes purple highlights when using image finetuning? Specifically with ML Digital ISO at -2.0EV. Try focusing/zooming in and out and watch the highlights sometimes turn purple. On certain shots, it will remain purple...

Also: Who set up the ml.bot-fly.com nightlies btw? Can you add the 7D build too please? :P Thanks for all the builds btw

jerrykil

Quote from: feureau on September 30, 2013, 11:57:51 PM
Can you add the 7D build too please?
yw, i'll post 7D.203 at ~11 AST.

I think we should post up some How-To's in order to help the team with the documentation front. For example, lots of EOS M users come in asking about where to get files and how to install them. Many of us aren't sure about the status of certain feature implementation and modules for the newly supported EOS models. Maybe some of us should put some time in and help with the documentation wiki?

Anyone interested?

feureau

Thanks

There's already that thread for n00b written by a n00b which explains how to bootflag the 7D n00bly btw.

maxotics

1% says I should first try to see if I have the bug with the camera lens with Alex's autoexec.bin.  Finding the exact steps I should take through the thread is, as usual challenging.

If anyone has a procedure they thing is the best I should follow let me know.  This is a new camera and lens.  Se we're starting absolutely from scratch.  Thanks.