Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malakai

Wow loads happened while I was away! lol

@1% could it be that the difference you have spotted be the cause of our shutterbug? Is it something that can be fixed?

@jerrykil here are logs of mine from a few pages ago.
DM.log shutter activating via hack
DM.log shutter not activating
Hunting for that elusive EOS M shutterbug!!

jerrykil

Gary,
could you post your DM log right after you boot? i'm not sure if that was the case with your original post.

The SW1 thing that 1% found is a shutter press, so maybe if you boot up , press the shutter down and then go and debug dump all that we can compare your SW1 to mine?
Thanks

jerrykil

Quote from: 1% on September 08, 2013, 11:20:03 PM
I do notice a difference, in the good log this doesn't show up.

IDLEHandler PRESS_SW1_BUTTON
fssSW1On
GetAloAndPsAutoTarget
GetLvUsedInfo
[AEWB] aewbColorCalcResponse
SCN :IconType 0 [0] [0] [0]
evfChangeHdInterrupt
Af_StopPath
Af_StopPath Complete

SW1 is the shutter press.
How does DM log work. Does it log everything after you hit it until it reaches its max filesize? Does log everything from the time you boot?

you found the same thing in Malakai's logs a few pages ago. is there anything else that we could do to help illuminate whats goin on here?

funkysound

Quote from: jerrykil on September 09, 2013, 05:19:51 PM
How does DM log work. Does it log everything after you hit it until it reaches its max filesize? Does log everything from the time you boot?

you found the same thing in Malakai's logs a few pages ago. is there anything else that we could do to help illuminate whats goin on here?

I just tried ML with the 18-55 and I have no shutter problem.
If this helpes:
I still use the old download from Rootwang #1110 on side 45. Longer ago I installed the new EOS M firmware and then the Rootwang ML download as it was. Since then I did´nt change anything.
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

EVVK

For me.. the shutter bug only appears with the two EF-M lenses 18-55 and 11-22.

EF 70-200 IS F4 and few and cheaper EF lenses with the adapter works perfect on first try with IS on.

maxotics

Quote from: EVVK on September 09, 2013, 06:55:42 PM
For me.. the shutter bug only appears with the two EF-M lenses 18-55 and 11-22.

EF 70-200 IS F4 and few and cheaper EF lenses with the adapter works perfect on first try with IS on.

Well, looks like you've confirmed a similar issue with the 10-22 which should give more weight to the IS bug theory.  Hope you're reading 1% :)

1%

QuoteWell, looks like you've confirmed a similar issue with the 10-22 which should give more weight to the IS bug theory.  Hope you're reading 1%

So basically the EOSM mount IS is causing some sort of problem. Can you turn IS off on any of these lenses and does it go away?

Malakai

Turning off is doesnt fix the bug. As its electronic IS there is no manual way of disabling it. Only thru the menu.
Hunting for that elusive EOS M shutterbug!!

EVVK

Disabling IS in the menu does not seem to make any difference to me att all.
Even if it's left off and the camera is cold booted the bug is still there.

AnthonyEngelken

Has anyone attempted obstructing one or more of the lens contacts with tape or something to remedy this issue with the ef-m lenses? Might disable functionality, but might also fix the glitch. Would be interested in hearing results of this experiment.

1%

We must be interfering with something when hooking half shutter... are all things like MZ off?

haomuch

Well I know you guys have already been stuck with the shutter problem. But unfortunately I met another bug again today. The camera gets dead when trying to apply creative effects to existed photos and can only reload the battery to save it. Tried for many times and always performs the same. Sorry for lack of dm log as I don't know how to get it. You guys may just have a try on your camera.

1%

Quotewhat if you make a completely basic build with most things removed and we see if the bug is still there? if not, then we could see if something added one by one makes it appear.

Might have to do something like that... but most things mess with the shutter or 1/2 shutter.

QuoteYou guys may just have a try on your camera.

I did and creative filters seem to work. Lots of photos on the card or just a few?

maxotics

1%, while you're around.  I'm looking into mapping all the focus pixels on the EOS-M.  Is that worth doing?  Does it already exist?   Thoughts?    Thanks!

haomuch

Just a few photos and it goes to dead when apply the effects every time for different photos.

1%

Quote1%, while you're around.  I'm looking into mapping all the focus pixels on the EOS-M.  Is that worth doing?  Does it already exist?

You mean all the dots like for PDR?

Quotewill it be possible to get the audio in the camera recording along with the raw video?

Wav freezes the camera for some reason, even if it didn't you'd be recording like 640x480 to have audio.

funkysound

Quote from: gary2013 on September 09, 2013, 08:45:24 PM
which 18-55 are you referring to? the efm or the efs?

gary

... the efm.
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM