7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

The pre-buffering has been disabled so hopefully that fixes it.

ted ramasola

you want me to test the module?
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

1%

ted ramasola

any link to it? which link should I download?

TL? Or g3gg0's thread?

edit. I got it. nightlies.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

ted ramasola

oops. nightlies does not have the 7D back yet, and the TL is still the 28th.
where can i get the mo to test?
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

1%

ted ramasola

ok, so I'l update the CF using TL jan 28 and update just the MLV_rec.mo using that jan 29 compile you just did.

Correct? Are there any buffer preference?

Also, is this the same mlv_rec.mo you used on the nightly for 5D2 dated jan 29?
I asked because I finished testing that an it wont record past 3 seconds on all buffer settings.
I'll elaborate on the mlv v2 thread and the 5d2 thread for that.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

ted ramasola

The mlv_rec.mo you linked me to has the same behavior with the Jan 29 5d2 nightly. It can record only 1 to 3 seconds. The buffer graph fills up in that time in a linear fashion upon start of recording.
the red skip text appears and the camera freezes, reboot is necessary to regain functionality.

Tested at 1728 by 972 16:9 buffer method 0,1,2,3,4.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

valeriano89

Excuse me for a stupid question, I'm a ML newbie

I just bought a lexar 1000x CF and would like to know which version of Nightly Build Is better and fairly stable

for RAW video? and also where can I get it because 7D is missing on Nightly Builds page.. :)

Thank you! and sorry for my terrible English.. :P
Canon 7D | Canon 10-22 | Canon 50mm 1.8 |

ted ramasola

@valeriano89

I've been testing the modules due to a bug which g3ggo and 1% are working on to fix. The TL from 8 to 29 has this bug.
g3gg0 said his fixed it but I havent tested it yet, maybe later in the afternoon as i'm out for a shoot.

Just use the Jan 7 TL from the link arrinkiiii posted for now and you'll be ok. I'll update on the test I'll do on the bug fix later.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

Wartburg-Entertainment

Do I have a blackout, or not running the Crop mode?
Have updated today and just do not get out. ;-(

valeriano89

Quote from: ted ramasola on January 30, 2014, 07:13:52 PM
@valeriano89

I've been testing the modules due to a bug which g3ggo and 1% are working on to fix. The TL from 8 to 29 has this bug.
g3gg0 said his fixed it but I havent tested it yet, maybe later in the afternoon as i'm out for a shoot.

Just use the Jan 7 TL from the link arrinkiiii posted for now and you'll be ok. I'll update on the test I'll do on the bug fix later.

Thank you very much! I'll try it out :)

valeriano89

I think it's better for me to wait for nightly builds :D Jan7 TL crashes on my 7D when loading RAW module :(

1%

If it crashes then then sym file doesn't match with the module or autoexec.bin

ted ramasola

@1%

Just got back from a shoot. So I can now continue testing. Please provide a link.

On the MLV2.0 thread g3gg0's wrote he fixed it today in parallel to your's I think he meant the nightly for 5D2, I'll test that as well.

5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

pstutter

Another quick newb question. If I'm switching versions of Magic Lantern to a newer version, do I have to remake or do anything special to the card or can I just delete the old files and drop the new files onto the card?

ted ramasola

just drop it over the old.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

ted ramasola

Tested Jan 30 TL.

1728 x 972 16:9 buff-2

Capacity test OK fills up Card 64gig.

Recording now continuous and no longer stop at 40gig or 10min.

Movie restart "bug"

I notice a "quirk" I did not find in the 5dmkII.
-when movie restart is ON, in MLV recording, upon manual stop of MLV raw recording H264 starts to record.
Suggestion to have it like the 5DmkII where it does not start h264 rec upon stop of MLV record. OR to disable and grayout this feature on the 7D when MLV raw video is active.
Another side effect when restart is ON is that when mlv recording has filled up CF card, instead of a proper auto stop it crashes and freezes the camera requiring a battery pull.

Recording with HDMI monitor attached

-I noticed that there is a corrupted single frame at the start of a clip and sometimes somewhere in the mid part of clip.

-Playback of MLV video via file man is OK.

Below is sample of corrupt frame in footage, either one frame at start or somewhere mid way.

5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

whitelotus2301

hi, dont knw if this is the right thread to ask this.. have been testing raw on 7d n getting continuous 1728 x 972 16:9. my question is how to upscale it to 1080p n will it look good on big screen? planning to make an indie film on it. need ur suggestions

ted ramasola

Quote from: whitelotus2301 on January 31, 2014, 09:08:03 AM
hi, dont knw if this is the right thread to ask this.. have been testing raw on 7d n getting continuous 1728 x 972 16:9. my question is how to upscale it to 1080p n will it look good on big screen? planning to make an indie film on it. need ur suggestions

drop it on a 1080 timeline. scale to fit. some NLE's like edius and resolve do it automatically.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

gideonplus

What is actualy the practical max GB recording using 7d ml raw with
64GB komputerbay card (is it 59GB ?)

ted ramasola

Quote from: gideonplus on January 31, 2014, 06:02:00 PM
What is actualy the practical max GB recording using 7d ml raw with
64GB komputerbay card (is it 59GB ?)

you mean the actual record size of a clip when it fills up card? its 59.6 GB (64,000,185,604 bytes)

around 15 min at 1728x972 16:9
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas