7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

Quote from: 1% on September 25, 2013, 12:12:28 AM
I think we can have the cake and eat it too:
https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/commits/d92e590b69620394782eed4b272cc14e9d5563e9

Dunno if there are any issues with this yet, so far no.

This is this?

Quote from: 1% on September 24, 2013, 08:22:29 PM
Only load one raw module. mlv or raw_rec

The next signed build will happen when I figure out the memory error so you can have
headphone/videohacks/fps without it crashing.

Maybe edmac 05 for fir an 06 for bin so you can record full LV on the bin and zoom mode + fps in the fir?

I think soon we will have a build with the fir and bin updated from britom  ;D

arrinkiiii

Thanks wheezel  8)

@derkiki Just give you the links for install the new updates. And in the same time give some info for the 7D users to know what's going one. I already have the new compilation, do you?

Let's go people, no time for S*** ...this is getting better and better  :D

britom

I think derkiki was just trying to be an asshole. Anyway, here's a build with the latest changes. Is not signed so fps override and video hacks do not work in this release. When i tested i got no more memory errors and everything is working ok with mlv_rec.
Again big thanks to 1% for his hard work. I'm also wondering if reslock can be fixed to work with this camera or if dual digic is making this harder to achieve.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7987

Edit: Sorry about the "asshole" thing, English is not my mother tongue so i misunderstood you.
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

mucher

When reading 1%'s code, suddenly something comes into my mind. Is it possible to load the whole ML thing into the system memory so to eliminate the need to refer back to CF--assuming that it is the case now, because I don't know if all CF card can do read and write simultaneously

1%

The bin is copied to ram so it only reads at the beginning.

Reslock is supposed to be working.. but it says a lot of edmacs are free, I'm guessing its working on one digic. Its cool I guess because the gui is on there and it does most of the pink frames but the other one might not be?

H264 works in unsigned so really you still wouldn't be without it unless you only boot the fir.

derkiki

Quote from: arrinkiiii on September 25, 2013, 02:54:44 AM
Thanks wheezel  8)

@derkiki Just give you the links for install the new updates. And in the same time give some info for the 7D users to know what's going one. I already have the new compilation, do you?

Let's go people, no time for S*** ...this is getting better and better  :D
I think I love you.

derkiki

@britom a freshman calls a new user an asshole? Thanks Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arrinkiiii

Love you to dude

@1%
File Manager is not/don't working with mlv files? Thanks for the update and thank you britom for the build  :D

Jared

Greetings I'm having problems when shooting from build "[7D] PopStop" in MLV
any help?
or any new build?
P.D: Attached Image

Photographer, Videographer, RawVideo Lover.
Canon 7D / Canon 5DMKIII

arrinkiiii

Jared

Quote from: arrinkiiii on September 25, 2013, 06:28:04 AM
Latest updates you can find here

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7987

THANX @ARRINKI ... have any idea of this problem when i shooting in mlv?
Photographer, Videographer, RawVideo Lover.
Canon 7D / Canon 5DMKIII

arrinkiiii

Looks like a corrupted frame, with new build i think you will not have such problem  :)

1%

MLV I dunno if I'd trust. I've yet to see a bad frame from raw_rec.

ted ramasola

tested the latest build.

2 clips where i was able to start and stop recording -No errors.

1 clip where the recording stopped due to card full had approx 30 corrupt frames in the end.

is this normal behavior?

Continuous recording 1728 x 1036.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

immortalartscom

Hi folks!

i love filming but lost the fun filming with 7D because of its imagequality... now ML Raw is so exciting i love it! i installed it and took my camera with me to test it. here are the results. i compared 1:1 superflat/1.7K-RAW/2.5K-RAW. please download original from vimeo. i also have put some 1:1 pixel frame comparisons under the video on my homepage. use the slider and drag it to left and right to see the difference.

hope you like it or it helps in some way.

Here are the comparison images and video:
http://www.immortal-arts.at/?page_id=3507

here is just the video:

BTW. my card (32GB Kingston ULTIMATE 600x) is too slow. when i hold the camera 100% still and there is less movement in the image there are no pink errors in the image. when i move it fast or the imagecontent changes very much then the errors come. i allready have ordered the 1000x 32GB card everyone recomends. i hope that i can shoot 250f @ 2.5K without errors!

wheezl

I'm curious as to how accurate the reported speed is during recording.  I'm also curious as to wether some frame sizes write to a particular model of card better (sort of like how the cards often perform better in different parts of the benchmark based on write size).

I'm using a Sandisk 16GB Extreme Pro (60 MB/s).

I'm having difficulty producing results with any consistency but using raw_rec with global draw off I have seen writes of up to 59.6MB/s on this card (yay!)

However I'm not really sure how to go about achieving this on a regular basis.  Often a resolution and frame rate that should fall below the maximum performs worse.  For instance if I try to record at 57 MB/s the card will only do 55 but if I ask for 62 it will do up to 59.  Obviously 62 is not possible :)    I'm just wondering if there is anything obvious I am missing here while I am testing.

I've also noticed that buffer fill method is available in mlv_rec but not raw-rec.   Is this setting unneeded in raw_rec?

If anyone with the same card is interested:

raw_rec.mo
1664x936 (16:9)
Global Draw: Off
Preview: Auto
Card Warm-up: 256 MB
Extra Hacks: On

Framerate: 24
FPS Override: Off

This is 1x from the .bin 

Sometimes it will only reach about 54MB/sec but if I stop it and start again immediately it will go to 59.x   (Perhaps this is working similarly to a warmup?)
On some runs it appears to hit about 59.5 and stay there, other times it seems to go between 57.5 and 59.  It will often start at 54 or so and slowly work its way up to 59.

Like I said I don't know what I should do in my testing to try and get some consistency so any advice would be appreciated.

I just ran another "test" and with the same settings as above but mlv_rec.mo peaked at 59.8MB/sec using Buffer fill method 3.

EDIT:  Added more info.

arrinkiiii

ok, no MLV view in camera  8)

Thanks wheezl, i got the same card but only 8GB... going try with your settings and with buffer fill method 3 in MLV for see whats happen  :D

1%

Card speed is never 100% consistent. I'm surprised it gives you almost full advertised speed.

Card full will cause problems, I'd say stop right before.

mucher

Say, is it possible that we can have some un-precooked RAW someday?

1%

pre cooked?

I get ~200-250 of 2.5x1000. W/ FPS

Play with height and record in 10x and you get more.

mucher

I remember somewhere A1ex have said that the RAW has some over-dark areas? A few pages ahead, if I understand correctly.

1%

Looks the same as other raw to me... maybe a little more CA than others but that could be my lenses.

Abstrak

Hey guys sorry if this has been posted. My eyes and words are starting to blur together after 100+ pages. Im gettin my used 7d this weekend I have a 60 currently. To clarify the 64gb 1000x works good but the 128gb 1050x are good as well or no?

mucher

One thought, I don't know how you get the raw data from, 10x zoom might suggest that it might be that the full resolution is filling that buffer, so the buffer that you guys set to capture raw might be wrong size--just wild guess.

Cheers

1%

10x = 5x with a hobbled YUV buffer so like real hacked mode on cameras which support it. If you do ML grayscale you can see the image too.