Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dionisgr

Looking at the test it seems to me that the map is not consistent with statement of speed. Although the test on a PC, the read speed of 78 MB/s. please Tell me is it possible to increase buffer size? I have a 4096k shows and recording goes fine the only write speed 28.2 MB/sec.

canon  650d EF-S 18-55 IS II, Industar-50-2, Industar-61 L/Z MC, Jupiter-37A

Walter Schulz

I can't read a thing. Link bigger snapshot and don't forget to press Play button after starting benchmark.

Dionisgr

I'm sorry! not tested readability!

Walter Schulz

For the third time: Press Play button after starting benchmark!

Dionisgr

The play button was pressed! All the same as I and put! :(

Walter Schulz

If mode is PH-UNK LCD you haven't pressed Play button correctly. Mode should be "PLAY-UNK LCD"

DeafEyeJedi

@Dionisgr:

https://vimeo.com/143541263

*Edit* Don't forget to enable Global Draw to OFF in prior. Thanks Walter for the reminder!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Dionisgr

@DeafEyeJedi: Thank you very much! Thank you very much! And what version of ML that sound is!

Dionisgr

seems now everything is properly done! :)

Walter Schulz

Not quite. Turn power switch to ON, *don't* use Liveview, turn Global Draw OFF.
But write mode numbers are telling this card is too slow for 720p. See http://rbrune.github.io/mlraw/

What number do you get with PC benchmark, write mode (sequential)? Have googled about benchmarks for this card but couldn't find anything reliable. Only 32 GB type showing up.

EDIT: Did some research and found some hints about Sony 94 MB/s cards. This card type seems not to be the best choice for EOS cameras. Compatibility problems with 750D/7D2 and not the best performance with 6D.

Dionisgr

Thank you for the help=) From last test, I realized that the card is too slow to record 720p. Could you please advise from personal experience a card with 45 MB/s as the camera is still more unlikely to give speed than 40MB/s !

And one more small question! In time of a benchmark matrix should reach 40 Celsius?

Felipe

DOF Setting in the 650D is not accurate in particular when focus is set to infinite, I noticed that when compared this feature to the NEW SL1 ML,
The SL1 is accurate , 650D is not
650D-700D

Dionisgr

the firmware magiclantern-Nightly.2015Oct01.650D104. There's a problem with the failure of sinkhronizatsii like in the frame when shooting in RAW MLV. In one or two frames half frame pink! This is a camera problem or something in ML?

Walter Schulz

Without details about resolution/frame rate? Tune down resolution/frame rate and unload all modules not needed and disable global draw and sound. Retry.

Dionisgr

Sorry forgot to add information. 1280х536, 24.000 FPS,  This problem mainly after turning on the camera and the first record! Posledujushchii I didn't notice what this error is!modules autoexpo, ettr,file_man,mlv_play,mlv_rec,mlv_snd.

Walter Schulz

Try Movie tab -> RAW video (MLV) -> Car Warm-up
Unload unneeded Modules and retry.

Frendo

I have a huge Problem.I have installed the latest Version on ML from 1.OCT.2015.But the Overlay on Magic Lantern its total Lagging,and I have right under the Corner a message "Exp. SIM" Its blinking constantly...

Regards
54V3 Y0UR 5377!NG5

Frendo

Problem solved.I think the file was defect.thx
54V3 Y0UR 5377!NG5

sashtigo

Add audio setup !! One of the main features for shooting video, but you decided not to add it! WHY ?? more simple versions of Canon EOS it is, but for the camera, which is designed for shooting video - sound is not set up! If the next version will be the setting price firmware will not !!
P.S. I am writing via google translator, I am sorry for possible curve English. I myself am Russian.

Dionisgr

Hello dear experts! Does anyone besides me when shooting at 24 FPS the image is striped with a jerk at the panoramas and wires like striped?

Walter Schulz

Yes.
No.
Depends.

Dionisgr: Please accept that you won't get useful answers if you constantly neglect to add essential details about your settings (data rate, resolution, card and filesystem used, cropped/non cropped, sound enabled/off, MLV/RAW, ...).

Dionisgr

Dear Walter Schulz. I'm really sorry for not properly asking the questions! I have jerky video when panning at 24 FPS with this resolution 960x640 to change with 1280x544. It had no effect! A taping of both RAW and MLV. The speed of the memory card 30 MB writer.
And still a small question! When recording video in MOV from ML sound is not recorded! This is how it should be?
Thank you very much for the answers!

Walter Schulz

I thought we have settled that this card is not worth a bit? Get a decent one.

And turn audio on in Canon menu to record audio.

crusaden

Did the last update do away with using a 3rd party flash in live mode? Sorry if this has been repeated....I searched and couldn't find anyone else who was having this problem.

Felipe

No, This seems to be a hardware related feature, The SL1 does it
650D-700D