Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

Walter Schulz

Small bug in Powersave options?

Prefs tab -> Powersave in LiveView -> Use LCD Sensor ON
doesn't work for me. It should force selected powersave options if triggered but won't.
Someone out there able to confirm this bug?

blade

Confirmed,

I can trigger e.g. dim display by pressing info, however can't trigger it by lcd sensor.
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

jackv

Hi guys,

Does Magic Lantern solves the issue of low FPS of live view when connecting camera to the PC via USB? I just bought 650D and I'm using its remote controlling capability to view live view via EOS Utility. But the FPS is terrible and preview has a big lag. When using 550D the FPS is much better.
Maybe this is a hardware problem of my camera and not related to 650D model?

Walter Schulz

Walter Schulz

And another one, blade:

MLV recording. Start recording and press Loupe(+) -> Cam stalls, screen frozen. Have to remove battery.
Can you confirm?
My 7D just don't care pressing loupe button and keeps on recording without zooming in.

blade

QuoteMLV recording. Start recording and press Loupe(+) -> Cam stalls, screen frozen. Have to remove battery.
Can you confirm?

I will test it asap, most likely this weekend!

blade

Walter,

Also confirmed..

I have tested this setup
Ml nightly 2015mar02

Raw video  1728x972  ( I get 3 sec of recording)

After pressing +, I got a crash 2 times a had to remove the battery, last time i got a crash log:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gf1ab6a4vl8nq1/AACAGY0fhBF8LX9iWQR-MRl6a?dl=0

set to 1280x720 test 3 times, 3 times camera freeze after pressing +, no crash log

set to 640 x360 est 3 times, 3 times camera freeze after pressing +, no crash log

Happy to test more if you find something!

Walter Schulz

bizkiddk

Bracketing problem!

Hi guys. I have been using Magic Lantern for my bracketing for more than a year with great success!
But all of a sudden I have encountered a serious problem!

When doing bracketing of say 5 shots, 2 or 3 of the shots are getting fuzzy??

almost like the focus is shifted a bit between each shot??

I have never had this problem before. Does anyone know whether it is a setting problem or... ??

I have tried reinstall ML - Reinstall original firmware - different lenses.. With no luck!
When unistalling ML - Installing original firmware, the built in AEB from Canon works like a charm! ?

Please help. I really miss the ML bracketing function working!

Walter Schulz

Will try to reproduce.
BTW: Why AF and not using manual focussing?

And more info please! Bracketing sequence settings, aperture, shutter timing, tripod used?
Magic Lantern version info?

bizkiddk

I am not very fond of MF. And AF has always worked like a charm!

I have tried both "v104-t4i-650d-x6i-win" & "magiclantern-Nightly.2015Mar02.650D104" with same result!

Settings are:

Bracket Type:  DOF (Arperture)
Frames:  5
EV Increment:    1 EV
Sequence:   0 - + -- ++
2-Seconds Delay:  OFF
ISO Shifting:  OFF

I use AV - Infrared Remote or countdown - Always on tripod!

Strange thing is that it has worked flawless for more than a year, and now some fuzzy/unsharp pictures

Oh - Have bought a 700D... Same problem =(

Walter Schulz

Please tell which aperture number you set.

bizkiddk

Oh sorry forgot!

Always uses F9. And the lens is a Tamron 10-24 1:3.5-4.5

Walter Schulz

This will give you f/13 and f/18 stopped down. And in 1:1 (100%) viewed on a computer you may start to see blur caused by diffraction.
Are you able to zip a sample set of your unaltered CR2/JPG files, upload zip somewhere and link here?

Walter Schulz

Please access ML menu -> Focus tab, then enter liveview and focus by half-press shutter button. Press trashcan button and look for focus distance infomation. I suppose Tamron 10-24 does not report back focus distance.

bizkiddk

Where do I find Focus Distance Information ?

This is what I get on the menu screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8u235oouyh42nx/20150309_234732.jpg?dl=0

Walter Schulz

DarkBlades

Hi guys, im a newb here. Ive had my t4i for a couple weeks and was wondering if the audio monitoring feature works on the T4i? I know the T3i does not but havent seen anywhere that says the t4i is a no go as well.

thanks

-blades

bizkiddk

It seems like you're right.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31jvgce167l78uq/20150310_085746.jpg?dl=0

I still don't understand why it have worked for more than a year with no problems at all. And suddenly this!
Is it the lens which is broken ?

Walter Schulz

I don't think this is causing the error. It was just something I came across trying to solve your issue. Focus distance in EXIF data would have been helpful but no avail.
Will try to reproduce but haven't found time yet.

bizkiddk

OK.

I really appriciate your effort in helping out =)

I will check back here and see !

Walter Schulz

Did a very quick test. ML will not actuate focus motor during DOF brackets.
Tried to trick ML to refocus but it would just ignore if focus distance changes or if there are objects between focussed item and camera after mirror went up for the first time.

If you have set where an error is visible, I will try to take a second look. But those images you provided didn't show the effect you described.