Dual ISO - massive dynamic range improvement (dual_iso.mo)

Started by a1ex, July 16, 2013, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakepetre

F#@$-ing brilliant. Shows how much I know about computers  :-[
I owe you one. I needed this tip a long time ago.
Any other tips on ways to get the most out of editing dual ISO images?
I'm specifically wondering if editing the dual ISO images SOOC in lightroom despite the crazy colors and stripe lines does anything differently than editing the DNG spat out by MLP

Walter Schulz

You can't use LR's RAW engine to process unconverted Dual-ISO files. Why do you think there is a plug-in if it is not needed?

jakepetre

Quote from: Walter Schulz on February 19, 2016, 12:23:09 PM
You can't use LR's RAW engine to process unconverted Dual-ISO files. Why do you think there is a plug-in if it is not needed?

I've already tried the plugin as stated before in my previous comment. Everytime I faced error #256. Anyways, your condescension is greatly appreciated.  :P

Walter Schulz

Error occured when (which action) with which version?

jakepetre

Quote from: Walter Schulz on February 19, 2016, 01:44:11 PM
Error occured when (which action) with which version?

Lightroom 5. Mac Mavericks. File > Export > Sidebar Magic Lantern cr2hdr autosettings > Enter > Task bar loaded twice followed by: Unable to export file error #256
cr2hdr v3.0

Walter Schulz

jakepetre

Quote from: Walter Schulz on February 19, 2016, 05:59:12 PM
Plug-In Manager -> Status
Path? Version? Status?

Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/contents/plugins/cr2hdr.lrplugin

This plugin is enabled, but has encountered some problems

failed to find a place for the imported file.

I'm guessing LR doesn't recognize the way the images are titled

Walter Schulz

erreelle

hello to all, i'm new and i have a little problem :-X. i have install ML on canon 6d 1.1.6. but i don't find the dual iso in the menu :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(. why? don't work with te 1.1.6.? thank's to all help me

Walter Schulz

erreelle

for the pictures work? sorry for my english
i find it. thanks thanks thanks and thanks ;) ;) :) :) :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* ;) ;) :) :) :) :)

sorry, but the file is .cr2, how to convert to dng? for postprocessing? you have a guide to workflow shot-pc-convert and postprocessing? thanks

slingbacker

Hi there,
Does anyone know when dual iso on the 5Dmkii will be available?
I've been trying to use HDR video but it's only 720p.

Licaon_Kter

So you've enabled the dual_iso module and restarted and?

slingbacker

I enable dual iso then restart, than when I go to the menu 'dual iso' is greyed out and says 'this feature requires you shooting raw'. But raw is already enabled. Is it know to be possible to shoot dual iso video with 5dmkii?

Walter Schulz

Sorry, no Dual-ISO in movie mode for 50D, 7D and 5D2.

tosher

привет) кто нибудь сталкивался с артефактами в виде полос на dualiso?
это он не смог свет вытянуть или из за вертикального кадра может? (подозреваю)
есть у кого опыт?

Canon 5D2 обрабатывал cr2hdr.exe

hi) somebody faced with the artifacts in the form of stripes on dualiso?
This he could not pull or light due to the vertical frame can? (I suspect)
Does anyone have experience?

thanks

tosher

на горизонтальных кадрах вроде все нормально
horizontal frames feels good

блин! и где отключается автоповорот на марке!! ??))
and which turns off auto-rotation on the mark!! ??))

dfort

@tosher

How are you processing your dual iso shots?

Способ обработки вы используете?

Tai.Fighter

Hi everyone,

I am having a lot of trouble with this dual ISO in video. I was wondering if anyone knew the solution!

I am processing using raw2cdng.1.7.5 to turn MLVs into DNGs, and then cr2hdr to "process" the dual ISO to get rid of banding. Exiftool.exe and dcraw.exe are in the path.

Before processing, the DNGs look banded as they should:

But after cr2hdr is done with them, why are they turning out like this:

The directory they're in looks like this now:

Thank you!

DeafEyeJedi

According to my friend's 5D2 test footage that I shot in Dual-ISO (100/1600) which shows a lot of green cast (or possible incorrect metadata for Blacklevels and/or more others?) ... Any of you guys getting those as well?

Dual-ISO
https://vimeo.com/159129291

Non Dual-ISO
https://vimeo.com/159129292

Files were converted with @Danne's MLP and here are the samples files (MLV plus a single DNG from each) from 5D2 below for those that want to play.

DNG's -- https://mega.nz/#F!qgFDVIYY!Qe6XZc8FyVnbM6C4_OtdsA

MLV's -- https://mega.nz/#F!Wo8SDLaR!KD98tGfnzJMHlLy-cllB1A

*EDIT*

For those that are curious ... I got the 5D2 Dual-ISO Module from this thread below respectfully...

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16854.msg164124#msg164124
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

DeafEyeJedi

Here's some valuable info posted by @reddeercity that I felt was worth sharing in this particular thread...

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16854.msg164349#msg164349
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

dfort

Quote from: Tai.Fighter on March 15, 2016, 02:51:57 AM
I am having a lot of trouble with this dual ISO in video. I was wondering if anyone knew the solution!

I am processing using raw2cdng.1.7.5 to turn MLVs into DNGs, and then cr2hdr to "process" the dual ISO to get rid of banding. Exiftool.exe and dcraw.exe are in the path.

Whoa, something is definitely wrong here. I haven't used raw2cdng but your DNG file looks about right before processing through cr2hdr. Where did you get your cr2hdr.exe, dcraw.exe and exiftool.exe binaries? I've got a package on my bitbucket download area that you might try out. If that doesn't do it maybe you can upload one of those DNG files so we can take a look at it?

Seeing that you're on Windows you might also look into MLVFS. It can process Dual ISO while creating "virtual" DNGs. It also eliminate focus pixels that show up on certain cameras when shooting MLV.