Magic Lantern (RAW) Video format v2.0 (mlv_rec.mo)

Started by g3gg0, July 15, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gideonplus

@g3gg0
Summery of my latest tests using MLV 5d3 1.2.3:

1. The MLV using setup as follows:
    1920x1080x25p (fps on/off)
    GD =Allow
    File>4GB =on
    Extra Hack =on
    Memory hack =on
    Fix black level =on
    Any other settings = default
    with the above setup the recording is stable as long as the clip doesnt the

max capacity of the CF card (in that case it will corrupt the file).

During recording of a debug msg shows some times on the screen:
    Faild queued 139 /*or other number*/    faild 1 (Reqeued)

2. You can reproduce the fault when using:
    File>4GB = OFF
    and by making long files (more then 2 minutes)
3. The above will also happen in case of card is formated as FAT32
    (64GB in camera)

magiclantern-Nightly.2014Mar31.5D3123

djordjevla

I have this problem, too. I tried everything from here and can't solve it!

I ask somebody to get my example image and make some kind of video tutorial, so some people like me, who are not programmers and do not know about binnar, hexa etc etc
can do something about this problem....

I tried Exiftool GUI, and when I try to change any value, it says:
"Error reading image data -M291707S.dng"

I tried several different files and always the same.

Here is my DNG frame:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mic5oy

Please help!

joeray

I am getting the same message  Failed.queued:13 Failed:1(dequeued)   The numbers seem to change  each time I get it.   I am using Lexas 256GB 1066X cards.  Anyone can offer any help.  I need to shoot in 5 days and would hate to shoot regular format after coming this far...  Seems when I go to open the files in MLRawViewer, all I get is a black box, no video even though there is 40BG used on the card...   I appreciate anyones thoughts... Sincerely,  Joe Ray

g3gg0

Quote from: joeray on April 06, 2014, 06:12:56 AMSeems when I go to open the files in MLRawViewer, all I get is a black box, no video even though there is 40BG used on the card...

can you try with MLVViewSharp? if that doesnt work, please save the console output of 'mlv_dump -v'
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

g3gg0

Quote from: gideonplus on April 03, 2014, 08:28:04 PM
    During recording of a debug msg shows some times on the screen:
    Faild queued 139 /*or other number*/    faild 1 (Reqeued)

Quote from: djordjevla on April 06, 2014, 04:51:28 AM
I have this problem, too. I tried everything from here and can't solve it!

which camera and which firmware version?
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

joeray

I am using a 5DMK3 with a LEXAR 256GB and 128GB card and nightly from 3-30-2014 at 14:53.   I get the same warning  and when I get the warning, the video keeps recording but I loose the audio...   It seems I have been loosing audio after 30 seconds or so.  Hence, when I shoot a 25 min clip of a live concert, the audio is always missing even though it's turned on...

g3gg0

gideonplus

5D mark iii 1.2.3
magiclantern-Nightly.2014Mar31.5D3123

g3gg0

can you do me a favor and test with the old firmware version?

gideonplus

At this time I am 10000Km away from my camera.

kaco

I get the same error as gideonplus. Tested with Apr-9th 113 and 123 FW on 5Dmk3.

It started at about 8 mins and then before the 128Gb card was full it incresed from failed 1 to failed 5.

Then switched to (randomly chosen) magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Feb23.5D3113 and I got no error message about failed queueing.

What I observed with Apr-9th build was, that the MLV on my 128Gb card was splitted into smaller files even my CF card was exFAT (as well as the SD card on which I run ML).
With version Feb-23th I got one big file, no splitting, no error messages. Same camera, same setup, same cards.

kaco

Quote from: kaco on April 10, 2014, 09:28:01 PM
I get the same error as gideonplus. Tested with Apr-9th 113 and 123 FW on 5Dmk3.

It started at about 8 mins and then before the 128Gb card was full it incresed from failed 1 to failed 5.

Then switched to (randomly chosen) magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Feb23.5D3113 and I got no error message about failed queueing.

What I observed with Apr-9th build was, that the MLV on my 128Gb card was splitted into smaller files even my CF card was exFAT (as well as the SD card on which I run ML).
With version Feb-23th I got one big file, no splitting, no error messages. Same camera, same setup, same cards.

sorry, no file splitting also in Apr-9th. Those files were just 0 bytes files I always get when record fills the card. So ignore the last part of my comment.

kaco

BTW, I tested also Mar-23th and I also get the queue fail message. So this problem is quite "old".

djordjevla

I still can't solve the problem with blacklevel :(.
I tried really everything. Tried with Exiftool, GUI, PhotoME, but the main problem is that it shows BLACKLEVEL=0 and it must be lower than 0 in that case.

Also, when I put my .RAW file in raw2cdng.exe in shows me on that (black) file that it has about 5000 blacklevel (in that case in needs to be 2047).

So, my question is what is the simpliest way to change it?
Here you are one frame so please, tell me is that file ok and can that material can be returned?

It is a big problem for me cause it is my exam film and i have lot of black takes :(.

Link for one DNG frame: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gi1iko
It would be great if you can make any shooort video tutorial so I can apply that to all of my clips...

reddeercity

change the black level with exiftool "type exiftool -BlackLevel=2048 *.dng
but I not sure what your black level should be on 5d3.
When I tried to change your sample I got errors ,so it didn't change it so you may have to edit the black level with a hex editor,
check the link below explains how to do it.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6580.msg52480#msg52480
I would check a healthy dng with exiftool and compare them to see what the different is   
type: exiftool(-k -a -u -g1 -w txt).exe that will export a txt doc.
There other on the form who can help farther.

g3gg0

Quote from: reddeercity on April 11, 2014, 05:44:35 AM
change the black level with exiftool "type exiftool -BlackLevel=2048 *.dng
but I not sure what your black level should be on 5d3.

2048 is right for 5D3

djordjevla

I really tried everything and I am not so good to do anything with HEX Editor.
I have also tried to change it in Exiftool, like you wrote, but I got that error, too....
Is there any help for me?? I have some really important takes which I need to be returned :(

Thanks in advance!

LucianParaian

Installed today on 5d MkII 212 nightlies: magiclantern-Nightly.2014Apr05.5D2212 or magiclantern-Nightly.2014Apr09.5D2212 (fresh install after older vers uninstalled)

All frames were pink with mlv_rec. (they were all right when played in camera) + most of the times, blue light turns on during recording and stays on forever.

No problem with raw_rec though..

Anyone might know where the problem is?

Thank you.

g3gg0

@djordjevla:
this thread is about mlv_rec and not black level problems of raw_rec.
please create a post about that issue, it just messes up the thread too much.
thanks.

g3gg0

Quote from: LucianParaian on April 11, 2014, 04:44:48 PM
All frames were pink with mlv_rec. (they were all right when played in camera) + most of the times, blue light turns on during recording and stays on forever.

can you show me the output of "mlv_dump -v <file-mlv>", the first few hundred lines?
(pastebin.com)

MGerard

Updated to the latest version of ML for 5D3 1.1.3. yesterday, getting the same type of errors "Faild queued 139 /*or other number*/    faild 1 (Reqeued)" as mentioned by other users. I'm on SanDisk Extreme Pro 160 MB/S. By any chance, is there an explanation of the error msg available or a solution on the way? Thanks a lot for the effort.

g3gg0

oh sorry, thought i already described that error.
but it seems i typed it (from my phone) and i didnt submit that message.
doh!

ok then let me explain again:

that message is from the metadata thread.
mlv_rec tried to put some metadata into that (usually) free area in front of a frame.
(EDMAC needs 4KiB alignment, so there is up to 4KiB empty space in front of a frame)

but there was not enough free space in the last few frames, so the metadata
has to be requeued and to be transmitted next time.

if you get only one message (failed: 1) or now and then one more, it doesnt matter.
but if the "failed" counts up permanently and the "queued" stays constant, then something is totally wrong.
(either "queued" or "failed" count up)

so: your footage should be fine without any information loss.
if not, then we have to talk :)

kaco

Quote from: g3gg0 on April 11, 2014, 11:02:00 PM
oh sorry, thought i already described that error.
but it seems i typed it (from my phone) and i didnt submit that message.
doh!

ok then let me explain again:

that message is from the metadata thread.
mlv_rec tried to put some metadata into that (usually) free area in front of a frame.
(EDMAC needs 4KiB alignment, so there is up to 4KiB empty space in front of a frame)

but there was not enough free space in the last few frames, so the metadata
has to be requeued and to be transmitted next time.

if you get only one message (failed: 1) or now and then one more, it doesnt matter.
but if the "failed" counts up permanently and the "queued" stays constant, then something is totally wrong.
(either "queued" or "failed" count up)

so: your footage should be fine without any information loss.
if not, then we have to talk :)

Thanks. I usually got about 5-7 messages per 128Gb file. Wouldn't it be better to write this information to console, which I am able to turn off?

g3gg0

Yes it shouldnt pop up at all, but its not critical.
anyway, maybe its better to hide it.

escho

Quoteg3gg0

Use mlv_dump -o /path/to/out_frame

This will write the files into specified diretory

I´m not sure:
Does this command simply copy and rename the mlv-file to the path, you specified without doing anything other?

Using mlv_dump to decode to dngs , I love the dngs to go to another path, different from the source-path. I´m doing this manually or with a little bash-script. An option for mlv_dump wouln´t  be so bad for me, where I directly can specify the output-path, I write the resulting dngs in.

edit: found the solution. Tho -o option works with --dng too. This makes things much more easy for me :)

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed