Author Topic: Full-resolution silent pictures (silent.mo)  (Read 513492 times)

a1ex

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark Free
Re: Full-resolution silent pictures (silent.mo)
« Reply #1025 on: May 26, 2018, 07:30:47 PM »
In this case, it's probably not the file name, but the image catalog. When taking a picture, Canon code not only saves the image to card, but also adds it to this catalog (some sort of index stored in the RAM). How exactly this catalog works, in particular how to add files to it, is not yet understood.

If you restart the camera, do the files appear on the remote computer?

The renaming trick is known to work on Eye-Fi cards, btw. Some cards other than Eye-Fi may be able to transfer arbitrary files out of the box.

mash.m

• New to the forum
« Reply #1026 on: May 26, 2018, 10:09:01 PM »
Hi,

an hour ago i had the same idea About the WiFi Card (before i read your post). in Germany we say "zwei dumme, ein gedanke" - "two stupid, one thought"

i will try a toshiba WiFi sd Card. hope this will work.

the silent files do not appear after restart the camera.

thx again!

a1ex

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark Free
« Reply #1027 on: May 26, 2018, 10:40:24 PM »
That will work. Make sure you get the W-04 version; reviews say it's much faster than W-03.

OlRivrRat

• Senior
« Reply #1028 on: May 29, 2018, 02:37:54 AM »
      @ All Who Refer to Stills Mode as Photo Mode

"Photo mode refers to "normal" stills camera operation" > But Probably Really Shouldn't !

No idea Whom, When, Why "Photos Mode" started being used to refer to "Stills Mode".

Since Everything our cameras do Visually is Photo Capturing, Our Cam's are in "Photos Mode"

whenever they are "On". Since those Photos can be Captured as Still Photos or Moving Photos,

the 2 Main Photo Capture Modes should be referred to as Stills & Movies.

Which is actually the way Canon does it in their Manuals .

ORR ~ DeanB

Sorry Walter > Not trying to pick on You here, You just happened to be the 1 who

Poked My Button on this when I had time to do a Post I've been wanting to do for

quite some time ~
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML.111B(DEAD)

togg

• Senior
« Reply #1029 on: May 30, 2018, 01:00:48 AM »
Small question, I've tried silent pictures after a long time, just to be sure I've got it right. Full res is still limited to 1/10 right? I tested it and it looks like it.

Dmytro_ua

• New to the forum
« Reply #1030 on: June 05, 2018, 07:24:15 PM »
Hi,
Is FRSP should give the same color and exposure results as in a regular Photo mode with cr2?
I tried the same setting and opened pics in ACR (sorry for poor quality).

With 0,3", f16, iso 320 - FRSP captures picture twice longer (about 600 ms) = 0,6".

My camera is 5d3 with expo override enabled. Should I change some settings to match closer?

Thanks