PinkDotRemover tool 650D

Started by foorgol, June 15, 2013, 08:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaguilar

So, I think this is a known issue with Pink dot remover but I figured I would re-iterate.  I have successfully removed all the "dots" in all my video recorded in 1280x720.  However, I am having trouble with 2.35:1 ratio or 1472x626.  Pinkdotremover doesn't seem to be able to remove 1472x626.  I am using v8.  I've tried v7 and Rewind's crop version unsuccessfully.

Here are a couple of dng files.  One is 1280x720 and the other is 1472x626.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nldkpyq8wdhhej8/Mv2ObP4SHg

Workflow was PDR v7 (converted the raw files directly) -> RAWMagic

dfort

I'm surprised you got PDR working. This works for me:

raw2dng_cs2x2.exe

It should remove the pink dots (actually focus pixels which can appear pink or green) on any image size or crop factor raw movie file.

I'm struggling to get it working on my Mac.

Rewind

PDR works fine for resolutions multiples of 4.
For example, for cinemascope, i'm using 1536 x 640 on my 650D, which is exact (2.4:1)

kaguilar

That's good info.  I didn't realize it would work with multiples of 4.  I'll try that first, because my workflow is on a Mac.  I'll give the exe file a shot too.  If you've figured out a way to get the exe to work on a Mac, please let us know.  Thanks for the replies!

kaguilar

Here's a list of max resolutions (anamorphic aspect ratios) given hardware/software constraints.

Assume: Max transfer speed 37mbps
              width and length resolution need to be multiples of 4 for PDR to work.

2.39:1 1472x616  36.3 mbps
2.67:1 1536x576  35.4 mbps
2.50:1 1472x588  34.6 mbps
2.35:1 1344x572  30.7 mbps

2.35:1 1504x640  38.5 mbps seems to work continuously, but only tried it for about 1 min.

My nightly build of ML doesn't have a 2.4:1 aspect ratio.  Closest is 2.39:1

Rewind

i'm using modified raw_rec build. Resolution choices are in the begining of the file. Just edit them, add the resolutions whatever you want and compile.
Default res. choices are not particularly good for SD cameras.

dfort

Quote from: kaguilar on April 10, 2014, 11:11:25 AM
That's good info.  I didn't realize it would work with multiples of 4.  I'll try that first, because my workflow is on a Mac.  I'll give the exe file a shot too.  If you've figured out a way to get the exe to work on a Mac, please let us know.  Thanks for the replies!
Hi kaguilar,

I just wrote up my experience on how I was able to get raw2dng compiled on my Mac.

Compiling and setting up ML command line tools for Macs [cr2hdr and raw2dng]

Mine is a fairly new 64-bit PowerBook running 10.9.2. If your Mac is similar, PM me and I'll email you my compiled raw2dng with CHROMA_SMOOTH switched on.

andy kh

why noone is developing pink dot remover for mlv like pink dot remover for raw. its a pain in the ass converting all mlv files to raw, removed pink dots and convert to cdng.
5D Mark III - 70D

a1ex

The --cs2x2 option from mlv_dump is not working?

I didn't try it (no mlv samples here).

andy kh

Quote from: a1ex on April 14, 2014, 11:32:37 AM
The --cs2x2 option from mlv_dump is not working?

I didn't try it (no mlv samples here).

i dont want to convert to dng.
5D Mark III - 70D

baldand

A small request to people using camera with Pink Dots...

MlRawViewer 1.1.6 introduced a new GPU-based bayer pre-processing option that tries to identify any "bad pixels". This is mainly for dead or hot pixels, but I have also been testing with a little material I have from PinkDot cameras, and I believe it can also detect and suppress many of those with a minimum of impact to the rest of the scene.

The feature is still in development, and would need some more tuning to be totally effective in the pink dot case. In particular I probably need to change the work flow so you can "train it" on a certain resolution, and then re-use that training data in other shots.

If anyone is working with raw on those cameras, and would be interested to help me develop this further, please try out the current code and let me know how it goes. I would also appreciate being sent more such MLVs to test it against.

Thanks!

davegravy

Quote from: baldand on May 29, 2014, 05:49:16 PM
A small request to people using camera with Pink Dots...

MlRawViewer 1.1.6 introduced a new GPU-based bayer pre-processing option that tries to identify any "bad pixels". This is mainly for dead or hot pixels, but I have also been testing with a little material I have from PinkDot cameras, and I believe it can also detect and suppress many of those with a minimum of impact to the rest of the scene.

The feature is still in development, and would need some more tuning to be totally effective in the pink dot case. In particular I probably need to change the work flow so you can "train it" on a certain resolution, and then re-use that training data in other shots.

If anyone is working with raw on those cameras, and would be interested to help me develop this further, please try out the current code and let me know how it goes. I would also appreciate being sent more such MLVs to test it against.

Thanks!

If your code works on RAW, not just MLV, then I'd be happy to help.

I haven't moved on from RAW to MLV yet since, last I checked, you can't achieve the same resolution (continuous record) with MLV.

In any case, I can provide you some .RAW files if they're of any use in your testing. Let me know.

baldand

Quote from: davegravy on May 30, 2014, 05:26:03 AM
If your code works on RAW, not just MLV, then I'd be happy to help.

I haven't moved on from RAW to MLV yet since, last I checked, you can't achieve the same resolution (continuous record) with MLV.

In any case, I can provide you some .RAW files if they're of any use in your testing. Let me know.

Yes, it supports .RAW files also. They would also be useful for me.

papkee

Now, if you could find a way to remove the pink dots without removing dual iso data that would be amazing.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

davegravy

Quote from: baldand on May 30, 2014, 05:35:43 AM
Yes, it supports .RAW files also. They would also be useful for me.

I've PMed you some RAW files

mdfaisal

I nearly trade my 650D for 50D, until a1ex introduce raw2dng with chroma smoothing. Its a great program. it makes the workflow more simple.  :)
but there's so many version, so which one is the best for raw rec v1 with resolution 1280x720 ?  :o

raw2dng cs2x2
raw2dng cs2x2 ahdlike noise
raw2dng cs2x2 whitefix

COMMANDES

I use "raw2dng cs2x2 whitefix" without PDR and you can see the result (had to stabilize the video, because of this distortion). Without pink and green noise.
Sorry for my English, I use Google Translate.

Canon 650D, EOSM 2.02, M50 1.1.0

anandkamal

Hi.. I can see pink lines flashing then and there in .mlv footage shot with 5d mark III, July build of magic lantern. Please help me fix this problem for the already shot videos. The lines show up in many footage..

http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/MrCunctator/media/linesmlvprob.jpg.html

shin~

Can I use the raw2dng.exe for mac? Please help! I cannot remove the Pink dots on my RAW. :(

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: shin~ on October 11, 2014, 07:35:28 PM
Can I use the raw2dng.exe for mac? Please help! I cannot remove the Pink dots on my RAW. :(

There isn't a version for Mac, however if you want to try and use @Baldand's remarkable app which includes similar PDR effects.

Here's the link: https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/downloads/MlRawViewer_1_3_2_mac.dmg

Enjoy...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

toniox

Or you can use MVLFS, it's wonderfull
Canon EOS-M, Canon 7d, Canon 550D. 18-55mm EFM, 24-105 L, 50 1.8 II, 22 f2 EFM, Fujian 25, 35, 50 c-mount.

chmee

@a1ex @escho
short question: i found in the ml-source two variants of chroma smoothing (2x2). a short one (in dual_iso and mlvfs) and a long one in lv_rec/raw2dng. are both equal in result? i just coded the longer one into raw2cdng (c#) but stucked/hot pixels (red green and blue ones) just change into white, dont disappear. my fault while recoding?

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

a1ex

The one from raw2dng is fine-tuned for clearing the focus pixels from recent small cameras (like EOS-M).

The one from dual iso is an older version (I should update it).

They will not filter the hot pixels on the green channel (only those on red and blue channels).

chmee

ok, now on a a/b-comparison i see, its working, but other turn into "more visible bugs". dont know if i do a second time cs2x2, maybe a 3x3 is better or another algorithm-idea will do that much faster.. kind of hotpixel-finder.. used example-mlv

[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

marthayjuarez

Where can I find "raw2dng cs2x2 ahdlike noise" or "raw2dng cs2x2 whitefix"?

I downloaded raw2dng cs2x2 and raw2dng and neither seem to open anything.

Using Windows 7. I tried PDR but to no avail. Thanks.