Canon 650D 1.0.1 [Status: Alpha / OBSOLETE]

Started by nanomad, June 09, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Quote from: NikeFreak on July 17, 2013, 11:29:30 AM
для других камер это возможно? для 650д например ?
For other cameras, it is possible? 650d for example?

Please explain which part of "No. No" you didn't understand and why.
It's plain нет.

Ciao, Walter

Kike

Hi

I have a "SanDisk 16GB Extreme HD" that records at 45MB/s and I have a few problems recording raw at higher resolutions.
Will it make a diference if I use a "SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC 95MB/s" or the camera can write ate such speeds ?

I've heard the 650D has some limitations and would't use the 95MB/s

Thanks

dngrhm

Quote from: Kike on July 17, 2013, 03:32:13 PM
Hi

I have a "SanDisk 16GB Extreme HD" that records at 45MB/s and I have a few problems recording raw at higher resolutions.
Will it make a diference if I use a "SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC 95MB/s" or the camera can write ate such speeds ?

I've heard the 650D has some limitations and would't use the 95MB/s

Thanks
Benchmarks have only shown maybe a 1MB/s advantage using the 95MB/s card over the 45MB/s. This is not very significant. 720p24 is about the max at this point for the 650D if you want continuous recording.  The real limit is not the SD card, but the controller in the camera.
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

phil_rouge

Quote from: kazeone on July 10, 2013, 08:38:52 AM
The answer to that question is no they do not have a downgrade even if you sent it into the factory, they can not downgrade from 1.04

yes they answer me no downgrade  :(

rubirosa007

i keep getting making card bootable fail on my mac, any ideas?

cwmane

Hello,  I can't find the video crop mode.  Can you please tell me how to access it and use it?  Thank you :P

Dogfish

It's in the Magic Lantern movie menu.

_DK_

I found a bug on the newest build (18.07).

It occurs when using RAW Video:
As soon as I connect a monitor via HDMI the picture starts getting a big bar of red dots. It looks like focus peaking but has nothing to do with focus. (this also happens in normal live view with a monitor)
Also the Framing does not work at all when using a monitor. The indicator that shows where it films, is moved to the far left, and even if you change it back to normal using the digital dolly mode it does not go back to normal. It records a totally different area than the one that is showed on screen. No matter where you move the frame. (The recorded area is always in the middle, but moved a little bit to the right)

It works just fine without a monitor though.

If you need any more information just ask. (and maybe explain how I can get you these information as I am quiet new to ML  ;) )
EOS 650D, 17-50 2.8, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 70-300mm
Sorry if my English is a little bad as I am not a native speaker

Aborgh

I looooove that you can film in crop mode! The red/pink dots disappear :D

landwomble

About to take the plunge. I use a 64GB card in mine though which I hear isn't compatible with initial install.  Got a spare 16GB one here but I'm unclear what I need to do to install using one, and then continue using the other in the camera.  Anyone able to guide me?

Walter Schulz

Because ML is loaded by Canon's OS as a task (roughly like an application runs on your PC (at startup from the card) you have to manipulate each card like the first one if you want to run ML.
Try to run ML from a clean card.
Installation instruction will be found on page one of this thread.

Ciao, Walter

Yeti183

->landwomble

Just follow the instructions on the first page here as for the Initial Installation with your 16GB Card and for the other Card the instructions on the ML Homepage under documentation->Installation (quoted bellow)

"Installing Magic Lantern on other cards

If you use SDXC cards, or if you prefer to skip the firmware update step and prepare all your cards from the PC, you may copy ML files on your card and make it bootable with a special utility: EOScard for Windows, MacBoot for Mac, or make_bootable.sh for Mac/Linux in command line."

So - prepare the second Card with the Utility mentioned above (Setting bootflag etc: " check EOS_Develop and BOOTDISK"), copy the ML Folder, the autexec.bin and the 650D-safe-dumper.fir file to the root of the Card.
That's how I did it and how I update the nightly builds - just replacing the old files with the one from the new builds. No Need for the Firmware update every time - you just have to do this once at the very first time.

Best, Robert
T90,EOS 650D

landwomble

spider

Quote from: Aborgh on July 18, 2013, 02:17:16 PM
RAW or h264?

landwomble

OK, how do you turn on focus peaking?  It's enabled in the menu, but I don't see it in LiveView?

Dogfish

Focus peaking still working for me.  However, the histogram is no longer displaying warning dots.

mdfaisal

Quote from: Aborgh on July 18, 2013, 02:17:16 PM

is it ?
I still have a dead pixel in my Raw file using crop mode

30dbs

I've Just had a quick play with crop video mode.

very nice indeed, I have a single hot pixel whenever using it though, is this a known issue? its certainly a tiny problem.

Anyway I've knocked up a quick video, can the more knowledgeable among us tell me if my theory/numbers are correct or if I'm talking nonsense  :) apologies for the poor quality and subject matter, it was getting dark at home but I still really wanted to test it.

thanks

NikeFreak

кроп моде для других аппаратов будет доступен, для 6д например?
crop mode for other devices will be available, for example 6d?
6D ML + Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 + Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS II + Canon 50mm F1.8 STM + Zenitar 16mm F2.8 + Canon SpeedLite 430EX II
650D ML + Canon 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 STM + Helios 44-2 58mm F2.0
500D ML + Canon 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS II + Canon 18-55 mm F3.5-5.6 IS

lynx

Movie crop mode is great! Now the only thing keeping me from using my 650d over my 600d is audio features.

I made a short clip comparing movie crop mode to optical zoom. I think it is interesting to note that Movie Crop Mode is more light sensitive, I think by a whole step. It is so much so that I could use the exact same setting when changing from normal to movie crop mode because it was over exposed. Also, I find movie crop mode to be softer, and the colors not as rich. These were the same findings I had with the 600d in movie crop mode. It is still a very usefully, and fun feature to have though. Thank you developers!

Comparing optical zoom to Movie Crop Mode:

nanomad

Quote from: NikeFreak on July 19, 2013, 12:59:02 PM
кроп моде для других аппаратов будет доступен, для 6д например?
crop mode for other devices will be available, for example 6d?

Not at this point, the feature was simply disabled by canon on the 650D (and I suppose 700D/100D). It's not there on the 6D I think
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

tve

Уважаемые разработчики подскажите пожалуйста когда ML будет будет работать с 1.0.4 на 650D
Dear developers please tell me when the ML will work with 1.0.4 on the 650D

RafaLibrenz

I was a happy person with Magic Lantern on my 650D.  :)

I had a problem with the sensor of my 650D, and I sent the camera to Canon. Now (two months later) my camera came back, without the problem, but with the new firmware (1.0.4). Now I am a sad person (without Magic Lantern).

:(
70D + 18-135 STM

NikeFreak

возможно сделать кроп мод:
1, установить функцию на горячую кнопку?
2, работал в режиме записи видео?
3, при активации  кроп мод на экране отображались фокусные расстояния эквивалентные ему, то есть умноженные в 3 раза ?

possible to make a crop modes:
1, set the function of the hot button?
2, worked in the movie mode?
3, with the activation of the crop mode, the screen displays the focal lengths equivalent to it, that is multiplied by 3 times?
6D ML + Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 + Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS II + Canon 50mm F1.8 STM + Zenitar 16mm F2.8 + Canon SpeedLite 430EX II
650D ML + Canon 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 STM + Helios 44-2 58mm F2.0
500D ML + Canon 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS II + Canon 18-55 mm F3.5-5.6 IS

mr ed

Quote from: rubirosa007 on July 18, 2013, 12:44:27 AM
i keep getting making card bootable fail on my mac, any ideas?

It may be your operating system. Did you see this note on the card formatting instructions?

'Currently MacBoot works under all versions of OSX from Panther (10.3) to Lion (10.7). It also requires version 1.4 or later of the Java Runtime.
Note for Mountain Lion (10.8) Users. Mountain Lion requires root access to make changes to cards. As a result, MacBoot will fail with a "permission refused" message unless it has root access. To run MacBoot under Mountain Lion, download this zip file, put it in the same folder as Macboot and unzip it. You'll get a macboot.command script. Double-clicking the script will bring up a terminal window and sudo will ask you to type your logon password so MacBoot can get root access. MacBoot will run when you press return.'