Current raw video capabilities - All ML cameras

Started by Roman, June 06, 2013, 08:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walter_schulz

In my country you might be able to get full refund or valid replacement.

If your computer is able to use PCIe cards you may want to order an USB 3.0 hostadapter + cardreader. Transfer speeds are remarkable faster and cardreader will work with USB 2.0 at lower speeds. I work with Kingston Mediareader FCR-HS3.

EDIT: Someone else has to jump in for answering your duration question.

Intenditore

Is even theoreticly<i/> FullHD raw possible on 5D2 or 6D? Or is this possible to "override" default compression algorithms and write a higher quality h.264 or proRes in camera?

nycz42

how would this memory card do with the 700D(T5i) in RAW video or RAW mlv?

jovansoft

Hello,I asked for advice on faulty cards some time ago.In the meantime guy that sold me,replaced the cards.
Instead of Lexar 1000x 32 and 64 Gb,i got SanDisk Extreme Pro 90 MB/s 64 Gb,and Lexar 1000x 32 Gb

And I have the same problem again!There must be something I am doing wrong or camera is bad for some reason.
Again benchmark on ML shows 21 MB/s on both of these cards.
I didn't mentioned last time but i have one old card SanDisk Extreme III 30 MB/s and even this one shows ~21 MB/s write
I want to make raw video,and i only get 148 frames,then it stops.

I start camera,go to live view,turn off global draw and start card benchmark r/w in menu....
At this moment i have no spare camera to test on it but i will try to find somewhere.
I can send jpg files of ML benchmark,but i don't see some attachment button here.

Can someone help me with this ?

Oh yeas,the guy also sent me printscreens of card test.
SanDisk has 106 MB/s read,and 99 MB/s write
Lexar has 104 MB/s read,and 102 MB/s write
That is if he is not lying,i don't have usb 3.0 card reader or 3.0 port,so i can test it on my own :(

Walter Schulz

Quote from: jovansoft on October 08, 2014, 10:27:53 AMHello,I asked for advice on faulty cards some time ago.

If you want to be ignored, just keep on crossposting.

jovansoft

I don't want to be ignored,and I don't want to insult anyone.I just have problem with something,and if anyone can help i would appreciate it.I can copy/paste everything that I posted if you want that.

Datadogie

T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

Walter Schulz

AFAIK he uses a 5D2 ...
Would be interested which cam with CF-slot would max out at this rate. Beside 5D3, of course.

DayumDanny

There is a new card for pre-order on adorama and b&h called "Lexar Lexar 32GB XQD Professional 1333x Memory Card" There is no stats on either of the websites on the card but in the picture of the card it says "Lexar 1333x 200mb/s". Might be a break through in longer 60p continuous shooting. Has anyone gotten their hands on this card? I am not sure how new this card is. But for a 32gb it is $222

ThankMeLater

sry guys for posting in this thread again but it seems like the 700d raw thread is kind of dead.

im wondering if anyone of you  can shoot in 24p 1280/720 raw continuously on the 700d/t5i ?

In this thread it says the t5i is able to do so !

But my recording stops after exactly 2:18. I am using a sundisk extreme with 45mb/s.

Will an upgrade to the extreme pro verison with 95 mb/s solve this problem ?

thanks in advance and thanks again for the great work you guys do ! I was about to sell my 700d to get a lumix g6 but the raw feature totally changed my mind.

EDIT : Problem solved. I read the whole 650d thread now and found out that even my 45 mb/s card is able to do continuous recording. the trick is formating the card to ex fat and also disable everything else in magic lantern menu :)

ML is simply amazing !

Dagamus(NM)

TML, can you please elaborate on "disable everything else in ML menu" please? Which menu are you referring to? In camera or when formatting card?

I see you had an aha! moment and would like to follow exactly how you arrived here. I do not have a 650D, but I imagine this translates to other bodies where slow writes are an issue.
5D3, 6D, 50D, 60D, 350D, 1100D. 16-35mmf2.8L, 24-105mmf4L, 100mmf2.8L, a bunch of others not worth mentioning

Romcik

Simple questions, I have Canon 600d, what maximum resolution that I shoot video?
What SD card I need for max resolution ?

It is possible hack 21mb/s camera limit?If no, then is no reason to buy the card more with than 30 mb/s speed?

Thanks!

Walter Schulz

Romcik

Walter Schulz, thanks.

I do not understand it all, is not specified whether it is possible hack speed limit of 600d camera.With what speed SD max is sense to use.

What is crop, what no crop?I don't find anything in camera.Where I can on/off this?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Walter Schulz

Romcik

Walter Schulz, you mean table?
I see, but not everything is clear to me.

Heh, thanks  :)

Datadogie

If the speed could be hacked that would be a dream come true. I'm sure it would have been done if possible.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

Romcik

Why, then, given that T3 can shoot in 1728 resolution, but ML in camera show about 61 mb/s?  ???

Walter Schulz

What you see is the actual data rate at this resolution/frame rate.
It could do that resolution (and even higher, see crop mode) but only for very few frames. Then internal buffer memory will be out of space because data transfer from buffer to card is limited to about 21 MByte/s.

salthousands

Hello, I have a 5D Mark 3.

I tested out a Sandisk Extreme SD card (which its write was about 120mb/s), however it was only capable of writing 30mb/s. Its really quick, and never stops to buffer while shooting Raw photos...

So my understanding is that you should shoot Raw Video with a CF card, to get its stated write value.

Is this correct?  Thanks!

Walter Schulz

Old news, read first post of this thread.
Don't know what you mean by "you should shoot Raw Video with a CF card, to get its stated write value.".

EDIT: Wondering which UHS-I SD-card will be able to perform 120 MByte/s writing.
Own measurement?

EDITEDIT: With mb/s you mean MByte/s not MBit/s?

salthousands

Whoops I meant 95MByte/s, not 120MByte/s for the SD Card.

And that was with the Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS - 1.
I was not able to get past 35Mbyte/s while recording raw, even though I decreased the resolution to 1476x670 (2.20 : 1 ratio) at 24fps.

Also, I read the first post, with the chart.
And this is why I asked, because I was unsure what OP meant by
"CF+SD,100+20 MB/s" under the "Card type / max write speed" column.

As in 5D3 is only able to record 100MB/s on a CF card & not on an SD Card? (Given that the CF card were capable of writing 100MB/s+ & that the SD card was able to write 95MB/s)

Thank you Walter, for the extremely fast reply.