The CinemaDNG Discussion (raw2cdng)

Started by chmee, May 23, 2013, 10:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgv5

Here is fps overriden mlv file (0,5 fps). I tried and it crashed the app so it should be good for checking.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf06lba745aq80d/M07-0857.MLV?dl=0
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

chmee

short before v1.6.0.. i need some videos having verticalbanding. the best would be to provide it to the whole coder-comunity, we could test our algorithms with it. put it into the samplefiles-thread. thanks a lot.

@kgv5
yeah found the bug, i truncated framerates for the timecode. therefore it was a "division by zero". fixed. framerates below 1 will be now 1. shouldnt be a problem for any workflow. (v1.6.0)

@zacshome
strange, but if it helped. ok.
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

chmee

raw2cdng 1.6.0 online
* bugfixes
* GUI slightly changed
* with thumbnail and histogram
* mlvplayer
* rec709 on proxies (jpg, mpeg2 and h264 with ffmpeg)

download
http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2014/04/magiclantern-raw2cdng-1-5-0/

(i need files with verticalbanding!!!) regards chmee

ChadMuffin

I have a 5D3 that has vertical banding. Any particalur things you want me to shoot for you? Lens cap on, blown out, underexposed, time limit? Just let me know and I could send you some.

kgv5

@chmee

wow, i have just imported 46 mlv files at once and seems that my previous problem with importing many files is gone :) I need to make some further testing though but looks good now. Love the new UI, those previews are great and work so nicely:) Do you think it is possible to implement skipping through preview (with mouse clicking) without a need to watch all thing from the beginning to the end?  Thank you for your work :)
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

chmee

@ChadMuffin
nothing especial, my 5DIII does a good job and the diferences between the channels are quite small. to check if my code is working i need some files i can compare with a1ex's code results. send it to [email protected]. thanks a lot. please take footage that i can put into the samplefiles-thread, so other coders can participate without injuring your privacy.

@kgv5
cheers. idea is good, realisable

ChadMuffin

@chmee - Sent you a Google Drive link.

tob

Why do I get error with audio when I try to replace a proxy .mov file with the cDNG files  in Premiere pro cc 2014.0.1  osx.

chmee

@chadmuffin
already downloaded, thanks. will give an info next days.

@tob
seems, like proxy handling doesnt like mediafile (video with embedded audio) versus splitted video and audio-files. will do a try with an audioless proxyfile. this ones should take automatically the wav-file.

chmee

thanks @chadmuffin. vertical Banding will be in 1.6.1 (next days) i assume its not that perfect as a1ex algorithm, but it works :)

regards chmee

ChadMuffin

Glad to help and appreciate all your hard work! Looking forward to the next release!

a1ex

@chmee,

Here's a sample with vertical banding, that couldn't be fixed with my algorithm: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13291

Maybe your algorithm has better luck here?

allemyr

I love RAW2CDNG! Always using it with my MLV and RAW files. The audio syncing in Davinci Resolve from the MLV files with your app couldn't be better, thanks for that!

/ Karl Allemyr

http://www.allemyr.com/

chmee

raw2cdng 1.6.1 is online
* vertical banding (really simple algorithm, but seems to work)
* WPF re-coding by rd4eva - was necessary - thus happend some changes to the ui, will be re-optimized next version

Download raw2cdng 1.6.1

regards chmee

allemyr

Hi!

Thank you for a really great app. If its possible to unsqueeze 60 FPS 1920x672 to 1920x1080 inside RAW2CDNG? Would be helpfull. Having a a kind of problem inside Davinci Resolve right now, mixing 23,976fps and 60fps.

Thanks in advance!

chmee

@allemyr
this problem is quite special and it was my intention to leave the raw-data as original as possible. aproportional rescaling means i'd recalculate the raw-data, therefore the quality would change depending on algorithm. no, too hot, sorry. dng-specification has no "pixel aspect ratio" tag - this would be a solution for me.

but: if read correctly, there's a "edit PAR value" property in Resolve.
resolve 11 - manual page 644
Quote..Input Sizing Adjustments.. additional MODIFY PAR button.. change the pixel aspect ratio of a clip

regards chmee

N/A

Looks like we need a Mac version since the-app-we-shall-not-speak-of is no longer supported on this forum.

:D
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

ChadMuffin

The vertical banding fix seems to be working great for me. However, I tried 12 bit max, 16 bit and 16 bit max with no luck of importing them into Premiere Pro CC. It would state the files are damaged or corrupt. Possible user error? When I gave it files in one folder it worked fine but, I had files in 5 different folders and it placed them in the batchlist, it loaded them fine but when I hit convert, it crashed. I love the new GUI and the simplicity. You're doing what a company hires a team for! Great work!

Update: There were about 50 MLVs between the 5 folders. And, I had vertical banding fix checked with the coversion before attempting to use them in Premiere Pro CC.

chmee

thanks for the info, will investigate next days. (i did tests with 3 folders and about 25 mlv's and raw's, and it worked, so, send me or copy/paste a debuglog)

regards chmee

feureau

Hi, Chmee. Apologies if this been answered somewhere else, I couldn't seem to find the answer to these:

Does raw2cdng extract wav out of MLV with sound? I'm not getting wav on the output for some reason.

and

Is it possible to put all the .dng output in one folder instead of separate folder for each clip?

Thanks! Great work on that vertical banding! It fixed a lot of the banding I can't seem to get rid of with the other stuff.

chmee

(a) yes, wav should be extracted as well. does raw2cdng show ( with audio) behind the filename? look here
(b) hmm. dont see any benefit beside the fact, it fastens the importing into premiere (but leaves a chaotic harddisk) :) you could manage that with a search *.dng in windows and copy them into one folder.

feureau

Quote from: chmee on October 06, 2014, 07:51:26 AM
(a) yes, wav should be extracted as well. does raw2cdng show ( with audio) behind the filename? look here

Ah! It doesn't say! No wonder. Thanks!

Quote from: chmee on October 06, 2014, 07:51:26 AM
(b) hmm. dont see any benefit beside the fact, it fastens the importing into premiere (but leaves a chaotic harddisk) :) you could manage that with a search *.dng in windows and copy them into one folder.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Searching *.dng and moving them into one folder to speed up importing to premiere. Sure, it makes it one big lump but premiere sorts them out just fine. Would've been great if that can be done at the output level though. :D It takes a while for my machine to find all the *.dng and move them out.

Thanks again! Great app!

chmee

If you dont copy but move, it will work much faster.

feureau

Yeah, I've been moving them instead of copying, but still. Finding then moving tens of thousands of small files takes quite a lot of time.

By outputting to a single folder for all the clips instead of each folders for all the clips will save a lot of time. Especially since premiere will automatically arrange them all into each clips with proper framerates. (I use the media browser to import clips)

skotch

Hi Chmee !

I love your tool and each version has a lot of improvement. I just download the last version but i can't resolve one thing : i'm trying to make video proxies with sound from MLVs.
Using raw2cdng, i had a folder with DNG and WAV. Worked great.
Reading the forum, i see that i can also do video proxies if ffmpeg is present in the same folder. I just did it and mpg2 and mpeg04 did appear in the menu.
But it seems not to work. When i'm extracting the files, i still get the DNG+WAV but no video proxy at all. If i select jpg proxies, it works well.

Do i miss something ? And is it possible to make video proxies this way ?
Thanks !