RAWanizer - windows batch generation of video files from RAW

Started by marten, May 21, 2013, 03:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenatoPhoto

Thanks Maxotics will have to try those codes.. and thanks for the link. 
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

asparaco

Love the app but when attempting to get a proxy file rendered I am getting this error message

09:11:10 Start extracting dng from M26-0829.RAW
09:11:39 Finished
09:11:39 Start converting tiff from M26-0829.RAW
09:11:57 Finished
09:11:57 Start creating proxy from M26-0829.RAW
09:11:59 Failed:
FFmbc version 0.7-rc8
Copyright (c) 2008-2013 Baptiste Coudurier and the FFmpeg developers
Unrecognized option 'r:v'
C:\Program Files (x86)\RAWanizer\Tools\ffmbc.exe: failed to set value '23.976' for option 'r:v'

How can I fix this?

RenatoPhoto

1. dont use ffmc for mp4 5mbit proxy. 
2. If you use ffmbc then select the ProRes 444 option under Video.
That is as much as I know.

From here:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/vfxEncodingGuide

Under Output:
FFmpeg will take an image sequence on the input and will then output a movie clip file (usually in a .mov or .avi container). The VFX/film industry would mostly use the .mov container, especially for client deliveries, because it is the most commonly used format in the industry. Making these clips is pretty straightforward, but we'll look at the options that are of interest to this specific industry the most.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

maxotics

Also, it seems that ffmbc isn't being developed currently, or there is a lull.  ffmpeg always seems to be in development and there are both 32bit and 64bit binaries around the web.  You should be able to drop those into the \tools folder of RAWanizer.  RenatoPhoto, have you learned anything more about the color spaces the 420p, 422p thing?  I've been full-on with with focus pixels and de-bayering stuff

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: maxotics on September 27, 2013, 06:02:07 PM
have you learned anything more about the color spaces the 420p, 422p thing?  I've been full-on with with focus pixels and de-bayering stuff
Have not played with that stuff yet.  Thanks

Malex

Hi, I have a interface request... I know that rawanizer is a beta software, just like the shooting raw with our canons, but I don't know if some people said this before but rawanizer user interface is hard to understand, I feel I have to be a developper to know what I'm doing.
Either my install of the 0.6.0 is wrong, either I suck and I don't know how to export what I want.

I don't know how to simply export .dng like with the older versions, and when I finally get it to make DNG, it also create .tiff files which I don't need. How to not make tiff files ?
I can't make video either, from dng or tiff or raw, I'm getting fustrated trying (so maybe there is something wrong with my installation).

How about making :
                - a "Wizard tab" with some check box :
                                  ☑ DNG
                                      [..................] Destination folder

☐ Tiff         
                                                ☐Full       ☑Half

☑ Video :
                                                ☐ mp4:               choose bantwith [.....mbit]
                                                ☑ ProRes             ☑[4.2.0]      ☐[4.2.2]      ☐[4.4.4]
                                                ☐ DNxHD            choose bantwith [.....mbit]
                                                ☐ XDCAM mxf

- an "Advanced tab" with all the other stuff for pro.

- a settings tab that would switch stuff for both wizard and advanced tab.

I know devs are doing this on their free time (by the way where is the donate button), and it's still a beta, but as a user I felt like giving my user experience in here since it's also why the forum is for.

How does that interface sound like (looks like) ?

maxotics

@Malex.  You're having difficulty because you don't know where you are where you need to go :)

Every night I almost cry because everything about RAW video takes so dang long.  I think that true, even for the experts.  So you want to take a day or two and just read through the forum (yes, it isn't well organized) and try to learn about the whole technology process.  If you stick with it, you will look at your post and laugh.  RAWanizer is about the easiest most powerful post-processing tool here!  (In any case, the dev is not around).

Let me try to get you oriented for starters. 

When you shoot RAW your camera is writing to a file the values from it's sensor.  The first line of the sensor is Red,Green,Red,Green to the end.  The 2nd line, even lines, are Green,Blue,Green,Blue, to the end.  People normally think of the data in 4 pixel blocks that go, from top to bottom, Red, Green, Green, Blue, or RGGB.  Getting confused?  We've barely started!

So 3rd party software won't open the RAW file.  So you need to save it in an industry standard RAW format, DNG.  Even DNG, isn't useable until it is de-bayered, that is, the dots given full-color values...

Go read everything you can.  Feel free to PM me with questions, once you've done that.

Welcome!

Max

Malex

@Maxotics , thanx for the reply, but I know enough already about the RAW process and DNG debayer and stuff, I have been reading post here about RAW since it's possible and I used to convert the RAW files of my 6D with RAWanizer, now I sold it and got myself a 5D3 so I got the lastest version of RAWanizer.

Quote from: maxotics on September 28, 2013, 04:08:33 PM
RAWanizer is about the easiest most powerful post-processing tool here!

The most powerful for sure, but easiest I'm not so sure... I'm just saying it's easy to get confused, I know it's a powerfull soft, but you have to admit that the UI is not user friendly. Before with RAWanizer 0.30 it was like RAWmagic, you just put RAW and you get DNG easy, now I have difficulty just do to that :(
I get DNG+Tiff (I don't know how to not get tiff), or I get merged RAW files without DNG, and I tried to get videos but I couldn't, am I an idiot ?

It's still a beta so I know it's normal, I was just giving my 2 cents about how to make the UI simpler, feel free to tell me if what I proposed is bad, I just felt I could share my experience as a end user.

maxotics

Quote from: Malex on September 28, 2013, 06:37:16 PM
The most powerful for sure, but easiest I'm not so sure... I'm just saying it's easy to get confused, I know it's a powerfull soft, but you have to admit that the UI is not user friendly.

Except for reading the RAW footers and populating the listbox with that information, the only thing that RAWanizer does is call command line software (raw2dng, dcraw and ffmpeg) with arguments you chose in the interface.   Since the dev is gone, i can't help with RAWanizer because I don't have the source.  But I can help you get to where you want to go, I hope.

Before with RAWanizer 0.30 it was like RAWmagic, you just put RAW and you get DNG easy, now I have difficulty just do to that :(

That's the simplest part of the process.  Just copy raw2dng from the RAWanizer /tools path, or download it from the internet.  Then just drag your RAW file onto it and it will extract out each RAW frame as a DNG file.  I know that sounds cumbersome, but one you get the hang of it very quick.

If you video post processing will work with DNGs, you're set.  If you want cDNG, get the raw2cdng.exe file and use that.

I get DNG+Tiff (I don't know how to not get tiff), or I get merged RAW files without DNG, and I tried to get videos but I couldn't, am I an idiot ?

I'm the first idiot on this forum.  Get in line ;)  As you know, DNG files are only the red, green, blue values from the pixels.  They need to be debayered if you're going make a video file.  RAWanizer makes TIFFs to send to ffmpeg.  Again, if you only want to use DNGs or cDNGs and post-process in other software, stop right here.

To create TIFFs, that's what dcraw does.  Unfortunately, dcraw doesn't take command line arguments for multiple files and output paths.  This is where RAWanizer begins to shine.  However, you can run a batch file in your directory like this.  In notepad, you'd save a file called, say, processraw.bat and put this line in it.

FOR %f in (*.dng) DO dcraw -T -w %f

I've read this fifty times and am still digesting it.  I recommend reading it.
http://www.guillermoluijk.com/tutorial/dcraw/index_en.htm

It's still a beta so I know it's normal, I was just giving my 2 cents about how to make the UI simpler, feel free to tell me if what I proposed is bad, I just felt I could share my experience as a end user.

Naturally I want you to share your experiences.  But such questions can illicit annoyed responses (because if you read through the thread you'll see the dev has not been around to answer many questions), it's a shortcoming of this forum.  Just wanted to spare you that :)

Hope this gets you back on track! 

Malex

Quote from: maxotics on September 28, 2013, 08:25:26 PM
Naturally I want you to share your experiences.  But such questions can illicit annoyed responses (because if you read through the thread you'll see the dev has not been around to answer many questions), it's a shortcoming of this forum.  Just wanted to spare you that :)
Hope this gets you back on track! 
Well I appreciate you help, thank you for taking the time :) I'll see if I use RAWmagic or RAW2DNG on pc.

mrimoi

I usually use dual iso RAW..

0.6.0 compose directly dual iso dng file,

but it's quality is not good.

dual mode lines are alive on the footages.

please correct that error..

lilpillz

How do you batch create TIFF's from your edited version of DNGs. Do I need to go into PS and select all the DNGs and use CR or is there an easier way?

iunknown

Quote from: ubejavshiy on August 19, 2013, 04:56:23 PM
Hi, I found a solution

It is a problem with 64 bit.

You need move your app's files  from "Program Files (x86)" to "Program Files" after installation or install it in this folder.

Windows 8 (64 bit) - it's work!

Thanks! This worked!

Kharak

ACR interprets my 5D MK II footage as Canikon.

I believe this is a problem with raw2dng, something to do with EXIF data or something like that (I'm not so keen on all the technical stuff behind DNG's). I always use RAWanizer, is there a way that I can install a new version of raw2dng and somehow make that work with RAWanizer?

And am I right to assume that this has something to do with raw2dng?

I need ACR to interpret the footage as 5D MK II, because I am using Vision Log and it needs to interpret the right camera for it to work properly.

once you go raw you never go back

feureau

Been using rawanizer for quite a while now. Thanks for this tool :D

Will it be updated to work with .mlv btw?

Kharak

Just wanna add, that I found a way to make RAWanizer include camera profile information. EDIT: The raw2dng is for 5DMKII only

raw2dng: https://www.dropbox.com/s/29qkvnf3pa1c6b7/raw2dng.exe

I overwrited the raw2dng.exe file in RAWanizer tools folder with an older raw2dng (says Last Modified 15. July) which includes camera profile, this alone did not work for me (maybe you will have better luck), but then I also copied the raw2dng in to a folder that had RAW files in it, started converting a RAW file with raw2dng - aborted (ctrl+a - ctrl+c) - Started converting that same file with RAWanizer and now RAWanizer includes Camera profile information on all other RAW files and folders, so you can choose correct Vision Log, faithful, adobe standard etc. :) Hope this will work for others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today RAWanizer did the same crash as ubejavshiy reported 2 pages back or so and I had a while ago too. I couldn't use RAWanizer for quite some time until one day it just worked. But I believe I found the cause of the error and how to get around it.

So RAWanizer spit this message in my face today and I was like "PLEASE nooo!!".

I had chosen a folder that had some RAW files in it and then the program crashed and when opened again I got the message above. So after re-installing, CCleaning, Moving, adding, compatibility, admin rights, you name it and nothing worked. I was pulling the last few hairs out of my head and I pulled the Hard Drive out which RAWanizer accessed last. (Even though I deleted RAWanizer in Control Panel, it still seems to remember its last location)

I Opened RAWanizer and it worked. Then I tried accessing the same folder again and the error report came up again, instead of choosing Exit, I choose continue and chose another folder containing some other RAW files and those files worked with RAWanizer. So I looked in to the folder in which RAWanizer crashed in. Found a RAW file which was 1 or 0 kb, not sure right now. Deleted it and tried accessing the folder again via RAWanizer and voila!! It worked.

So if anyone else got this problem, try this solution :)

feureau

Quote from: Kharak on October 20, 2013, 02:16:58 AM
Just wanna add, that I found a way to make RAWanizer include camera profile information.

I overwrited the raw2dng.exe file in RAWanizer tools folder with an older raw2dng (says Last Modified 15. July) which includes camera profile, this alone did not work for me (maybe you will have better luck), but then I also copied the raw2dng in to a folder that had RAW files in it, started converting a RAW file with raw2dng - aborted (ctrl+a - ctrl+c) - Started converting that same file with RAWanizer and now RAWanizer includes Camera profile information on all other RAW files and folders, so you can choose correct Vision Log, faithful, adobe standard etc. :) Hope this will work for others.

I believe I found that RAW2DNG file in BATCHelor 3.0 Alpha 3.

I tried using the one from batchelor but my dngs are still plain. No camera profile info.

Can you upload the raw2dng you're using please? :3

thanks

Kharak

Quote from: feureau on October 21, 2013, 07:40:51 PM
I tried using the one from batchelor but my dngs are still plain. No camera profile info.

Can you upload the raw2dng you're using please? :3

thanks

I'm not so good at this dropbox thing.

Tell me if this link works: https://www.dropbox.com/s/29qkvnf3pa1c6b7/raw2dng.exe

dude

yes it works, but is for MK II.

One question- if i run rawanizer and export to cineform and open in premiere, i have no real acces to the debayer, like i have it in acr, right?

Kharak

Quote from: dude on October 24, 2013, 03:59:25 PM
yes it works, but is for MK II.

One question- if i run rawanizer and export to cineform and open in premiere, i have no real acces to the debayer, like i have it in acr, right?

OKey, then the 5DII is hardcoded in to that raw2dng. I will edit the post above.

Borzacch

Thank you a lot!! I'm cooking RAW's on six PCs via 1Gbit LAN. All PCs in farm are connected to one mediaserver (Synology DS1511+) That schemme is damn good. Thank you from Russia again!!!

Please, give me info where to donate.

Kharak

Newest version of raw2dng for 5D2.

With Median Algorithm. (if this is better or not, is up to you to decide)

5d2_raw2dng.zip

For Windows and Mac

Thanks to a.d.

lmackreath

Still cannot get this to work

"no video sequence folder found"

I have a folder full of dngs and I want them to convert to pro res...anything obvious i need to check?

09:20:55 Start converting tiff from Shot 1
09:20:55 Finished
09:20:55 Start creating proxy from Shot 1
09:20:55 Failed:
No video sequence folder found
09:20:55 All items Finished

Steve Kahn

Quote from: Kharak on October 20, 2013, 02:16:58 AM
Just wanna add, that I found a way to make RAWanizer include camera profile information. EDIT: The raw2dng is for 5DMKII only

raw2dng: https://www.dropbox.com/s/29qkvnf3pa1c6b7/raw2dng.exe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today RAWanizer did the same crash as ubejavshiy reported 2 pages back or so and I had a while ago too. I couldn't use RAWanizer for quite some time until one day it just worked. But I believe I found the cause of the error and how to get around it.

So RAWanizer spit this message in my face today and I was like "PLEASE nooo!!".

I had chosen a folder that had some RAW files in it and then the program crashed and when opened again I got the message above. So after re-installing, CCleaning, Moving, adding, compatibility, admin rights, you name it and nothing worked. I was pulling the last few hairs out of my head and I pulled the Hard Drive out which RAWanizer accessed last. (Even though I deleted RAWanizer in Control Panel, it still seems to remember its last location)

I Opened RAWanizer and it worked. Then I tried accessing the same folder again and the error report came up again, instead of choosing Exit, I choose continue and chose another folder containing some other RAW files and those files worked with RAWanizer. So I looked in to the folder in which RAWanizer crashed in. Found a RAW file which was 1 or 0 kb, not sure right now. Deleted it and tried accessing the folder again via RAWanizer and voila!! It worked.

So if anyone else got this problem, try this solution :)

Yep.  This worked for me as well.  Same issue.