RAWanizer - windows batch generation of video files from RAW

Started by marten, May 21, 2013, 03:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ted ramasola

Marten,

Using 5.5 I notice a problem with spanned shots.

1. scenario one, running rawanizer with source from CF card.
If I have a spanned file on the CF card it will fail in merge. Non spanned clips are ok, they will be extracted to a folder on my computer and the RAW clips Moved from CF to Hard disk. The spanned file will not be merged and extracted only the *.RAW file will be moved to hard disk but the *.R00/*.R01/etc. will remain in CF card.

2.scenario two, running rawanizer with source from folder in hard drive.
If i have 2 or more spanned clips in the que. Only one spanned clip will be successfully merged and extracted.
I delete the finished raw clips and leaving the unprocessed spanned clips, start rawanizer again and in second run its successful.

Is there a setting I am missing or something I am doing wrong?
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

grooveminister

Fantastic tool!
0.4.3 is working fine here, but I can´t install 0.5.0 because I get:

"1152: Error extracting to the temporary location"

This is on Win7-64bit - I even tried to run the installer as admin...

Best wishes,
Andreas

Levinson

Excellent program Marten, thanks again.

My only issue so far is the same as Ted's regarding the file spanning

5d3, 5d2 & 550d

noisyboy

Hey Marten!

I hear that with RawMagic on Mac OS, you can select which camera you shot on and it will write the correct camera name into the metadata of the DNG's so you can use all the camera calibration options within ACR/Lightroom. Is that something that might find it's way into your ass kicking Rawanizer?

If I have this wrong then appologies. I only assume that this data is supposed to be written after and not during recording. I'm using a 6D and don't get any of those options of course this also means I can't use the custom profiles from people like VisionColor etc either.

Cheers bud! Great work  8)

marten

Quote from: noisyboy on June 28, 2013, 03:46:41 AM
Hey Marten!

I hear that with RawMagic on Mac OS, you can select which camera you shot on and it will write the correct camera name into the metadata of the DNG's so you can use all the camera calibration options within ACR/Lightroom. Is that something that might find it's way into your ass kicking Rawanizer?

If I have this wrong then appologies. I only assume that this data is supposed to be written after and not during recording. I'm using a 6D and don't get any of those options of course this also means I can't use the custom profiles from people like VisionColor etc either.

Cheers bud! Great work  8)

RAWanizer is currently just a batch tool using other command line tools. So if those tools do not write metadata RAWanizer will not. Currently I have no plans to make this something else than just a batch tool.

marten

Quote from: ted ramasola on June 23, 2013, 09:04:51 AM
Marten,

If I have a spanned file on the CF card it will fail in merge. Non spanned clips are ok, they will be extracted to a folder on my computer and the RAW clips Moved from CF to Hard disk. The spanned file will not be merged and extracted only the *.RAW file will be moved to hard disk but the *.R00/*.R01/etc. will remain in CF card.

If i have 2 or more spanned clips in the que. Only one spanned clip will be successfully merged and extracted.
I delete the finished raw clips and leaving the unprocessed spanned clips, start rawanizer again and in second run its successful.

Is there a setting I am missing or something I am doing wrong?

Ok. I will have a look at it. My job is currently taking all my time so I have little time left for RAWanizer  :(

AdamTheBoy

Following your workflow has been awesome, Rawanizer is really awesome and I hope you are able to just keep improving it.  Thanks so much!

sarotaz

Fantastic utility. It speeds up my workflow. Short questions:

1) my 60D is affected by bad pixel. Can i overwrite raw2dng.exe, located in tools folder, with last version released from Marekk with badpixel_opcode optimization?
2) Does tiff contain metadata from camera raw?
3) is there a way to reconvert dng file to 16 or 10 bit (including metadata) for work with resolve?

Thanks in advance.

ted ramasola

Quote from: sarotaz on July 05, 2013, 08:45:18 AM
Fantastic utility. It speeds up my workflow. Short questions:

1) my 60D is affected by bad pixel. Can i overwrite raw2dng.exe, located in tools folder, with last version released from Marekk with badpixel_opcode optimization?
2) Does tiff contain metadata from camera raw?
3) is there a way to reconvert dng file to 16 or 10 bit (including metadata) for work with resolve?

Thanks in advance.

1. I tried it and its ok.
2. not sure about this but when I open the dngs in acr it does know my camera model.
3. for rawanizer, not yet. chmee's raw2cdng can do that now.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

eyeland

Quote from: noisyboy on June 28, 2013, 03:46:41 AM
Hey Marten!
+1
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

gentlemanbroncos

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I'm having trouble extracting dng files from my raw files larger than 4 gigs. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

bluewater

Marten,

I want to convert RAW->DNG (via RAWanizer)
                  DNG->TIF (including color editing)  via Lightroom

Then I "REally want to convert this "TIF" (not TIFF ) into MOV file.

However, all I can do is just press start button and see "error message".

What's the problem?

What I did was...
1. changing file names from .TIF to .TIFF
2. Making tiff subfolder in DNG folder RAWanizer made when I convert RAW to DNG.
3. put .TIFF files into the tiff folder I made above.
4. pressing "start" button in RAWanizer clicking "RAW files" "DNG folders" "Watch folder" "Auto TS"

I tried ver. 0.3.3, 0.4.2, 0.5, 0.55. but the results are the same.

ToniX

I tried to install several times Rawanizer, wishing to test the suggested workflow (also installed Lightworks)but regardless the version I always ger error message:not a valid win 32 app.   I run win xp :-\ 
Any idea? needs xp64 or newer OS to run?

Thanks
600D - EFs18-55 ISII

ted ramasola

Marten,

Since Black Magic Resolve now supports DNGs from ML raw, I tested the extracts from Jul 2 build of raw2dng.exe and found out that the DNGs using drag n drop can now indeed be opened by resolve, however, the ones extracted from Rawanizer CAN'T be opened.

Can you make modifications to include the compatibility of the extracted files to be opened in resolve?

Thanks Ted
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

bzhwindtalker

I'm still using a direct export to prores 444, and I found that setting quality to 3 under build custom dcraw helped a LOT with moiré and quality, and I did not notice a performance drop. I like this workflow, it's so simple, thanks again.
50D, Komputarbay 1000x 32gb, Tokina at-x 24-40, Centon 50f1.7, 55-250 IS II, zoom H1

peewee69

Hey .. Impressive tool and very useful .. good work ! Thanks ..

tonkabike

How do you get rawanizer to process dng from several clips to one subfolder so that you can set up a directory to the media pool in resolve so you dont have to choose folders for your clips one by one.

marten

Quote from: ted ramasola on June 23, 2013, 09:04:51 AM
Marten,

With the 0.6.0 version I hope I fixed scenario two.

marten

Quote from: ToniX on July 12, 2013, 09:49:54 PM
I tried to install several times Rawanizer, wishing to test the suggested workflow (also installed Lightworks)but regardless the version I always ger error message:not a valid win 32 app.   I run win xp :-\ 
Any idea? needs xp64 or newer OS to run?

Thanks

RAWanizer requires .NET 4.5 which doesn't work on xp.

marten

Quote from: bluewater on July 10, 2013, 08:04:08 PM
Marten,

I want to convert RAW->DNG (via RAWanizer)
                  DNG->TIF (including color editing)  via Lightroom

Then I "REally want to convert this "TIF" (not TIFF ) into MOV file.

However, all I can do is just press start button and see "error message".

What's the problem?

What I did was...
1. changing file names from .TIF to .TIFF
2. Making tiff subfolder in DNG folder RAWanizer made when I convert RAW to DNG.
3. put .TIFF files into the tiff folder I made above.
4. pressing "start" button in RAWanizer clicking "RAW files" "DNG folders" "Watch folder" "Auto TS"

I tried ver. 0.3.3, 0.4.2, 0.5, 0.55. but the results are the same.

On the processing tab, did you check 'make video from output of external converter'?

marten

Quote from: ted ramasola on July 15, 2013, 09:35:21 AM
Marten,

Since Black Magic Resolve now supports DNGs from ML raw, I tested the extracts from Jul 2 build of raw2dng.exe and found out that the DNGs using drag n drop can now indeed be opened by resolve, however, the ones extracted from Rawanizer CAN'T be opened.

Can you make modifications to include the compatibility of the extracted files to be opened in resolve?

Thanks Ted
I have included the latest raw2dng in 0.6.0 which should work. I don't have a computer with good enough graphics card so I can't test this in Resolve though :(

marten

Quote from: tonkabike on July 19, 2013, 09:06:23 PM
How do you get rawanizer to process dng from several clips to one subfolder so that you can set up a directory to the media pool in resolve so you dont have to choose folders for your clips one by one.

I have made an option on the file tab to put all dng in same folder. But I can't test if it's behaving correctly because I don't have a computer with good enough graphics card to run Resolve :(

ted ramasola

Quote from: marten on July 23, 2013, 11:46:41 AM
I have included the latest raw2dng in 0.6.0 which should work. I don't have a computer with good enough graphics card so I can't test this in Resolve though :(

Thank you for the updates Marten,

Will test it asap.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

ted ramasola

Quote from: marten on July 23, 2013, 11:46:41 AM

just tested 0.6.0 and dngs still cannot be opend with RESOLVE.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas