600D/T3i Raw Video

Started by N/A, May 18, 2013, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

1FPS sounds good enough in all honesty. Just enough to see if people stepped away or if your shot got fucked up. Fancy focus moves are not for raw.. maybe on a CF camera.

apefos

Please, keep the 960 x 544 (16:9) as is.

and change the (1.85:1) to 960 x 512 (or 528)

so we can compare both in terms of magenta frames and skip frames.

apefos

ok, so lets try the 1fps black and white monitoring and see what happens

maybe you can enable an option in menu so we can choose 1fps, 2fps, 4fps, 6fps, 8fps...
FPS Monitoring: 1 / 2 / 4 / 6 / 8

CFP

Quote from: 1% on May 31, 2013, 04:58:34 PM
1FPS sounds good enough in all honesty. Just enough to see if people stepped away or if your shot got fucked up.
I love your humor ;D

Even if it was no joke.

Btw. recording 1280 X 720 at 12 frames per second and using an AviSynth script + VirtualDub to make it 24 frames per second in post works very well. I guess Twixtor should work too but I don't own Premiere nor After Effects :(

But AviSynth is amazing for a free software!

apefos

I prefer to hurt resolution instead of time. Everything I did until today to change fps in footage gave me garbage results.

960 x 544 @ 24fps or 23.976fps is working ok without skip frames, so we just need to fix the magenta frames (the low fps black white monitoring can be a solution)

1%

Yea, after work I can try it and see if the preview works with dead edmacs. Real time would be nice but if given choice between monitoring + performance I'll take the performance and put down marks.

jhall07

Just tested the latest build, new sizing. Better than ever recording. 960x544 records the full 4GB without breaking a sweat on a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mb/s.  The only thing is that like you all, I am getting quite possibly more magenta frames than ever. I would say minimum 1 out of every 60 is magenta now. I have to think back but I believe I was achieving good results from "did it fix" in terms of magenta frames.

I can run other tests if anyone has suggestions.

Thanks all and 1%

1%

Probably the aggressive memory did something then.

N/A

1088x480, over 2500 frames. Checking now for corrupt frames, didn't see any in playback though. This is a good go-to aspect, height and width is balanced nicely.

I may have missed it, but is there any way to add elapsed time to the raw display, maybe even in place of the frame count? Even if it only updated every 5-10 seconds would be helpful.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

robrock_68

Quote from: 1% on May 31, 2013, 03:32:29 PM
I haven't had this happen, how fast is the card?

Going to try less aggressive allocation on this camera and see if it helps since now its not eating memory away. 6D is fine with 4MB backup. If pink frames got worse some maybe this is why.

16GB Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s U1 Class 10

robrock_68

Apologies..... Even though I've been pointing out issues, I want to just say how thankful I am for the work being done, and how absolutely amazing this is.

apefos

No magenta frames in the New Sizing build, Fat32, see what I did:

Format card on camera 600D (remove ML)

Remove card from camera and insert on computer

Copy ML 2.3 Stable to card and remove from computer

Insert card on camera and start Firmware update on camera

Reboot camera and check if ML installed ok

removed card from camera and insert on computer

copy the new bin and new directories from New Sizing build

defragmented the card

removed card from computer and insert on camera

global off, 1920x1080@24p, sraw

reboot camera

load modules, set resolution 960 x 544, hacked off

first record, 1GB file, magenta frames happens

second and third record, 1GB each no magenta frames

turn camera off, and on again

first record, magenta frames happens

second and third record, no magenta frames

Everything points to a fresh format and install to avoid magenta frames.
It seems it works better also in defragmented card with all free space.
Is it a free space allocation issue?

apefos

I believe the 103M malloc size is helping to avoid skip frames.

In the New Sizing build with 103M malloc I can record 5000 frames at 960 x 544 without skip

In previous build with 96M malloc I got skip frames at 960 x 540 before 2000 frames record (Still Sprinkle Free build)

1%

I think its a memory issue in all honesty. i'll try the larger reserve size.. at this point it shouldnt' cause speed loss or memory loss, just leave more "backup" memory by default.

Something is wrong with the first allocation... or some edmac interferes at first record and then is killed by hack mode and doesn't come back.

apefos

Nice thoughts!

Just to say I am using HaCKed Mode "OFF" all the time, with image monitoring in the LCD to see what I am recording.

N/A

So is elapsed time possible for raw rec display or would that require the whole module to be re-done?
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

gebo

Try this and you won't get more magenta frames, it worked for me:

Remove the card from camera
Turn the camera on with no card, leave it on
Insert the card
Turn camera off again and count to ten
Remove battery
Turn on the camera (without battery)
Shoot

Now you will get no more magenta frames

8)

vicnaum

I dunno, I didn't get any magenta frames for a week or so (the last one I remember was when I shot Silent Pics with Global Draw On).

robrock_68

Okay, first shot no reformat, in fact I have a question I will pose in a minute because I did a dufus thing. But anywhoo, 1280x382 in 720 mode came out AMAZING!!! no magenta, no skips. decent record time. In fact I stopped it before it quit because I didn't want to wait to see the results. Heading out for more shots. If this one stays consistent, I will be ecstatic, and this will be my primary res for my narrative projects. 

forgot to ask the question.... I was in a rush this morning heading to a photo shoot, and forgot to change my card and the quality setting from sRAW. I shot several photos before realizing this, and since it was a timely thing, I cannot replicate the shots for several days. They review fine in camera, but bridge and ACR do not recognize them. Is there any way to save these images, Or am I stuck re-shooting them?

1%

DCRAW or UFRAW should open them. Yea, they are sraw sized.

a1ex

robrock_68

Quote from: 1% on June 01, 2013, 12:59:37 AM
DCRAW or UFRAW should open them. Yea, they are sraw sized.

Quote from: a1ex on June 01, 2013, 01:01:02 AM
Also try dcraw -e *.CR2

Thanks a bunch....

Apparently my joy was premature. several other shots...all have magenta frames. trying a fresh low level format and reinstall. Fingers crossed

1%

New build has previews + no previews + less agressive 8MB backup. See what happens.

apefos

what the less agressive 8MB backup means?

what is bolt trigger module?

I found the previews seems to be useless, recording shows less MB/s and previews just works with global draw on. frames skips in ML preview, and in both ML or Hacked previews there are corrupt frames in recording.

I found when I use canon default preview with global draw off, after I do a playback in a file, next file records without magenta frames.

how can I disable the audio meters in this last build? in the 2.3 stable build there is an option to enable/disable audio meters.

1%

Turn off audio and/or disable override. 4th mode is no preview + hacked mode. This is why I record with LV disabled :)