600D/T3i Raw Video

Started by N/A, May 18, 2013, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

Ok, I'll try it, may not work tho, some res comes out pink or causes corruption. Have to add a pixie dust fix too as from the other thread.

QuoteBut I don't think that the 50D will get more expensive

2 of them on craigslist $600USD. On ebay cheapest was around there too.

Andy600

50d price is going up. Either that or I got a real bargain. I never took much notice of the secondhand price before actually deciding to get one. 2 are advertised locally for between 600-800 euros which is only slightly less than 5dMk2's are going for.

If you can get one cheap, get it. It's a great camera regardless of it's raw video abilities.

Tip: try to find one locally through classified ads. A lot of older photographers do things the old-fashioned way and advertise in newspapers etc
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

CFP

Well. If the price is rising then I'll have to get one soon ... Hm ...
The German prices still look okay (~ 400 Euro) ...

1%

Thats like $500 usd and some change... so your price is like ~100 bucks cheaper. If I didn't have to get my tokina fixed still I'd probably grab one.

Andy600

Quote from: 1% on May 25, 2013, 06:14:46 PM
Thats like $500 usd and some change... so your price is like ~100 bucks cheaper. If I didn't have to get my tokina fixed still I'd probably grab one.

You can get a lens fixed anytime ;)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

ciardi

http://youtu.be/0XE2lVwALVQ

actual RAW Module, actual Nightly Build of ML

got dropped frames at 1280x426 25p according to buffer, says the camera... 30mb/sec ultra sd

JohnBarlow

Please consider my request for 720 x 640 (8:9)

With a 2x scope and 24mm lens should look good 720 x 1280 :)

also its the best vertical resolution !

vicnaum

Btw, somewhere I read that sRAW can be glitchy if I take photos while in this mode or smth.
Just took one picture - got a good sRAW, 2592x1728, 8Mb in size. Took a bayer view of using RawDigger - there is no bayer pattern, just normal pixels. ACR doesn't open it though.

Dunno maybe this info can be useful somehow...

DJHaze596

Quote from: JohnBarlow on May 25, 2013, 07:16:21 PM
Please consider my request for 720 x 640 (8:9)

With a 2x scope and 24mm lens should look good 720 x 1280 :)

also its the best vertical resolution !

Why on earth would you want Vertical?  We have Pro Cameras,  not Cheap Cell Phone Cameras.

1%

The sraw will work but the photos don't look good. I opened them in ufraw

JohnBarlow

Please service my request for 720 x 640 or provide custom selectable aspect ratio

Thanks

N/A

Quote from: DJHaze596 on May 25, 2013, 07:47:21 PM
Why on earth would you want Vertical?  We have Pro Cameras,  not Cheap Cell Phone Cameras.
Anamorphic lenses for a scope look
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

apefos

I installed everything again carefully and now things are working ok for 640 x 640 in my Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s (I have three of these so I would like to avoid buy another card) It works for 960 x 402 also, but does not work for 920 x 518 (skip frames), so...

Fingers crossed for the 854 x 480 because it is the same datarate of 640 x 640, my only hopes for 16:9 now !!!

1%

Skips after how long? 960x540 works for me the second time... over 1000 frames. The 920 is continuous with some room left over.

You should just turn frame skip off... why bother to have garbage frames in the video.

apefos

I need clean pro video, cannot live with the magenta frames or skip frames!

apefos

In 920 x 518 when I allow recording with skip frames, it is something about at each 70 recorded frames it skips 5 or 6 frames, than records more 70 frames and skips 5 or 6 again...

1%

Buy a card that can handle it.. no magenta frames here.

vicnaum

Quote from: apefos on May 25, 2013, 09:52:08 PM
In 920 x 518 when I allow recording with skip frames, it is something about at each 70 recorded frames it skips 5 or 6 frames, than records more 70 frames and skips 5 or 6 again...

I also have Sandisk Extreme 45mb/s

Please check if you have everything this enabled:

Video mode: canon 640x480, region PAL
FPS Override on: 24fps
Shooting: sRAW
Global Draw: Off
Hack3D: Enabled (although I have success even without it)
Without zoom or crop (also check for any strange settings in ML, or maybe run a clean install)
Also maybe try to Format card low level in camera or with EOSCard utility.

Hope I didn't forget something...

N/A

Love the new aspect ratio menu, 1300+ frames (continuous?) with 1120x468 (2.39:1)  ;D

540 frames with 1136x476. Not too shabby.

Did a cam preview and all the frames looked fine.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

apefos

Hi guys, thanks for the help

I did try everything, but it seems the problem is the card speed or the buffer speed in my T3i camera.

I will stop posting until I can try the 854 width (I hope it can be enabled)

I also suggest the 784 width because it can be a great option also ( I hope it can be enabled also)

After I can try these width I will consider buy a Sandisk 95MB/s, but for now I will wait...

thanks

1%

I'll add some smaller widths for the next run.

robrock_68

Okay, installed and working...sort of. Where do I find the enable/disable frame skipping, and how do I convert this .RAW to something usable in Windows. I downloaded the raw2dng and dragged a raw file to it, but my cmd window just flashes, and goes away.... any help would be greatly appreciated. also what is meant by 640/720/and 1080 recording modes? Is this the canon menu settings? If so, what difference does this make.

So much of this seems disjointed to me. Sorry for my ignorance

Rob

Andy600

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5557.0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_video

Maybe avoid playing with raw for the moment? If you don't understand the absolute basics you'll have a harder time understanding this level. (no offense intended).

robrock_68

I've been using ML for over a year, but some of the settings are a little harder to find than before. No offense taken. The thing that is confusing me is I read that "so and so" used 640x480 mode, 1280x720 mode, and so on while trying high resolution raw cappture. I'm familiar with all video standards in general, but some of the posts are a tad confusing. I've been shooting professionally since 1984.

Baquster

Quote from: N/A on May 25, 2013, 10:37:42 PM
Love the new aspect ratio menu, 1300+ frames (continuous?) with 1120x468 (2.39:1)  ;D

540 frames with 1136x476. Not too shabby.

Did a cam preview and all the frames looked fine.

which card are you using ?

got skipped frames and iam thinking of buying me a new card. right know i got a class 10 hd video ( 30mbs ) card.
should i buy the sandisk extreme 45 mbs or the sandisk extreme pro 95 mbs ? would like to have 1120x468 resolution.

my card is formated to exfat and iam using the newest builds.

thx for that great software !

btw i had problems with kernel when i was using the movie remap and raw video. when the camera was in idle mode it had problems ...