Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

Quote from: John Kesl on August 07, 2013, 12:15:32 PM
My God Really? Idiot.

You don't need to speak about yourself like this. Go slow, for be quick.

John Kesl

arrinkiiii

John Kesl

For the Developers:
Is it possible to implement the master digic hack for the GOP and Frame dump hacks in the autoload version of the 7D alpha2. I've tried all the autoload versions and the settings aren't affecting the actual .mov file like they are in the magic.fir version. In fact they don't work at all. I was wondering if it's intentional or if it can be enabled?
Thank you.

oli4h

Hi!

Am i missing something or the HDR Video is not yet impemented?

arrinkiiii

Quote from: oli4h on August 07, 2013, 02:53:31 PM
Hi!

Am i missing something or the HDR Video is not yet impemented?

Not yet... but with dual-iso and raw will be better then hdr video  :D

jemabaris

Quote from: John Kesl on August 07, 2013, 12:21:50 PM

P.s. if you aren't a developer or a contributor please don't answer. I unlike many here know how to use the search function and also how to read forums, so please spare me the retarded answers.

Take it slow pal. You might know how to read them, but not how to act proper. Insulting other people isn´t quite this forums purpose.

With kind regards, Jemabaris

John Kesl

Quote from: jemabaris on August 07, 2013, 05:30:29 PM

Take it slow pal. You might know how to read them, but not how to act proper. Insulting other people isn´t quite this forums purpose.

With kind regards, Jemabaris

who did I insult?

jemabaris

Quote from: John Kesl on August 07, 2013, 05:41:36 PM
who did I insult?

In the first place Arrinkiiii and second, everyone except the devs, for describing our posts as retarded... But I think you know that ;)

John Kesl

Quote from: jemabaris on August 07, 2013, 05:43:22 PM

In the first place Arrinkiiii and second, everyone except the devs, for describing our posts as retarded... But I think you know that ;)

Have you read the answers that this person leaves? Do they seem like they answer any question I actually asked? Not just me actually, most people who are blessed an answer by this person. As a matter of fact there are many who post who don't do anything, but blurt out their question, or answer. I think it's insulting. And rude. To not read a post. To not use the search function. To not read the other Forum Posts before asking questions for the 40,000,000 time. To not take the time to construct a meaningful question. Or to take the time to actually answer. To show proof, Logs, anything to support conclusions. it's Lazy and it's rude. And if I insult those who are lazy, and rude. so be it.

britom

Quote from: John Kesl on August 07, 2013, 05:47:55 PM
And if I insult those who are lazy, and rude. so be it.

Wow, that's a great way to contribute! (Sarcasm). Please man be polite, we're all just trying to help, there's no need to be an asshole.

Anyway, i just want to ask about the write speed. In the doc here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgQ2MOkAZTFHdFFIcFp1d0R5TzVPTVJXOEVyUndteGc#gid=5 says that the CF controller top writing speed is 80mb/s, but in this image http://a1ex.magiclantern.fm/bleeding-edge/raw/7D.png publishied by a1ex in a earlier post tops at 91mb/s.

So my question is, knowing that the top liveview res is 1728x1156, should i get a 1000x CF card? Will the extra transfer speed be worth it?

Thank you in advance :)
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

britom

jemabaris

Quote from: John Kesl on August 07, 2013, 05:47:55 PM
And if I insult those who are lazy, and rude. so be it.

A) I aggree with you to some degree. BUT that does not mean that it justifies how you treat poeple. Calling someone an idiot does help just as much if not less than asking stuff over and over again.

B) As i mentioned before, it´s not only him who you insulted but basically 90% of the users here, by classifying their posts as "retarded".

You might consider thinking about what I said. That´s it from me.

with kind regards, Jemabaris

John Kesl

John Kesl

Quote from: jemabaris on August 07, 2013, 06:14:31 PM

B) As i mentioned before, it´s not only him who you insulted but basically 90% of the users here, by classifying their posts as "retarded".

You might consider thinking about what I said. That´s it from me.

I did think about it. and it seems you think 90% of the users are retarded, judging by your point B.
Who is insulting whom, I ask you?

angelom

maybe because the 90% of users here are not developers nor contributors, the only people that you seems to consider as per your original post.

noisyboy

Woah - it's getting a bit crazy in here! Time out  8)

noisyboy

Quote from: John Kesl on August 07, 2013, 06:23:17 PM
I did think about it. and it seems you think 90% of the users are retarded, judging by your point B.
Who is insulting whom, I ask you?

This isn't that kind of forum and yes you are being offensive. Bare in mind that it is the entire community that makes this work, not any individual.

oli4h

Hi folks!

By using ML, each time I press on shutter a .dng which I can not open in photoshoo is written to the card.
WHat is it good for and how can I disable it??

THanks in advance for supporting and greeat job . just waiting for the HDR Video and I'll be 100% happy !!

wbr+

tonybeccar

I wanted to know if it's possible to port the headphones function?? Also, what is necessary to port the remaining of ML functions to the 7D? Are there certain limitations? I don't understand about programming.. about the work that Pelican is doing.. what are 'stubs' for example??

Thanks!!

arrinkiiii

Quote from: oli4h on August 07, 2013, 09:54:55 PM
Hi folks!

By using ML, each time I press on shutter a .dng which I can not open in photoshoo is written to the card.
WHat is it good for and how can I disable it??

THanks in advance for supporting and greeat job . just waiting for the HDR Video and I'll be 100% happy !!

wbr+

For open try after effects

This DNG's are the beginning for raw video. With Silent Picture you can record almost 2 seconds of raw (dng files), then you can compile in after effects and export as one video, raw video.

For disable you need to go to the Shoot tab and disable Silent Picture

Dual-iso + raw video is better then hdr video. Dual-iso you already can make in your 7D (only photo).. now is waiting for the raw video (continuous raw and not small bursts (silent picture) .

crazyrunner33

Quote from: britom on August 07, 2013, 06:09:35 PM
Wow, that's a great way to contribute! (Sarcasm). Please man be polite, we're all just trying to help, there's no need to be an asshole.

Anyway, i just want to ask about the write speed. In the doc here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgQ2MOkAZTFHdFFIcFp1d0R5TzVPTVJXOEVyUndteGc#gid=5 says that the CF controller top writing speed is 80mb/s, but in this image http://a1ex.magiclantern.fm/bleeding-edge/raw/7D.png publishied by a1ex in a earlier post tops at 91mb/s.

So my question is, knowing that the top liveview res is 1728x1156, should i get a 1000x CF card? Will the extra transfer speed be worth it?

Thank you in advance :)

I feel that it's too soon to decide on that just yet, it would be better to wait and see what happens when we have the raw_rec module working and have more benchmarks posted. If we can achieve write speeds of over what the card controller is listed as in movie mode then I would highly recommend the 1000x card, especially since we can record up to 2520x1200 in the 1:1 crop mode.

Have you run a benchmark yet to see how your card is performing?
5D Mark III, 7D

britom

crazyrunner33 thanks a lot for your advice

oli4h

@arrinkiiii : Ahhh..now I understand a bit better - but why a size of 1736*1156?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: oli4h on August 08, 2013, 10:11:01 AM@arrinkiiii : Ahhh..now I understand a bit better - but why a size of 1736*1156?

I asked the same question not long ago: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5494.msg49854#msg49854

Ciao, Walter