Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelican

Quote from: arrinkiiii on July 27, 2013, 02:06:32 AM
Were can i find this new version and the Audionut's realese for the software?  So... with this i just need the EOScard software/program and then install direct to the 7D ?

Get the latest EOScard from it's site: http://pel.hu/eoscard

You don't need to get any ML stuff, just choose 7D alpha2 in EOScard and it will download and put it on your card.
But it install the autoboot version, so you have to prepare your camera first.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Pelican on July 27, 2013, 09:26:00 AM
Get the latest EOScard from it's site: http://pel.hu/eoscard

You don't need to get any ML stuff, just choose 7D alpha2 in EOScard and it will download and put it on your card.
But it install the autoboot version, so you have to prepare your camera first.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU PELICAN  :D

I have done this:

1-Format CF card in FAT32
2-Run EOSCard
3-In String menu i chose/check:

EOS_DEVELOP
          BOOTDISK
          SCRIPT

and then i click Save.

4-Wend i click Save, the EOSCard program writes to the CF card. In the root of the CF card are a folder with the name ML, a pdf call INSTALL, other pdf call UserGuide and a autoexec.bin file and nothing more.

-And now from here??

-since you say to "just choose 7D alpha2 in EOScard", but for me don't show that option (yet), so i did what i write before. Wend i click save and he writes to the CF card the EOSCard program open one more menu, the Magic Lantern menu. So, i unchecked the  EOS_DEVELOP, BOOTDISK and SCRIPT and click Save, he delete the files in the CF. Then i just check again the  the option EOS_DEVELOP, BOOTDISK and SCRIPT, chose Ports 7D 2.0.3 alpha2 in the Ports in progress(Magic Lantern menu, EOSCard program). Click Save and he writes the files in the CF card. I think that this is the files that i need to have in the card for the 7D, or not?

And now how i prepare the camera for the bootflag/autoboot? Do i need a .fir in the root of the CF card?

I have download the 7d000123.fir  and i got 2 programs, the bspatch.exe and the bsdiff.exe  what to do?

Sorry for all of this Pelican... but noobies/dumn must be like this... for sure that existe alot of people like me, that want to test the dual iso function and also have the boot enable but don't understand nothing about .fir, autoboot, bootflag, etc... thank you more one time for this  :)

PS- Nice fotos that you got Pelican, like alot of the nudes  8) ... and the birds, good photos indeed.  I see also in your travel map that you are missing a little big country... Portugal  ::)   

britom

I need some help. Already enabled the dual iso module, but when i press the shutter it only shoots normal photos. Do i have to press some other button?

EDIT: Solved, the file_ma.mo file was missing from my modules folder :P
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

arrinkiiii

Quote from: britom on July 27, 2013, 06:39:35 PM
I need some help. Already enabled the dual iso module, but when i press the shutter it only shoots normal photos. Do i have to press some other button?

How did you make the 7D bootable? I use the Pelican EOSCard and already have the files in the CF card ready to gooo, just need enable autoboot or bootflag in the camera, can you help me?

I already  have the old firmware (7d000123.fir) and  the bspatch.exe and the bsdiff.exe. Wend i click, in any of the .exe programs, just appear, for a half of a second,  one black window (command promp) and then it close without i can see what its there.

Quote from: tonybeccar on July 26, 2013, 12:57:54 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Will test it tomorrow as I don't have my camera with me!!! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everything works fine! And oh my, the new menu!! :)

Did you already have manage to make the 7D bootable?

tm8

@arrinkiiii 

Hello, you made it? I also do not get ahead

:( :( :(

arrinkiiii

Quote from: tm8 on July 27, 2013, 07:16:36 PM
@arrinkiiii 

Hello, you made it? I also do not get ahead

:( :( :(

Hello my friend, not yet. I just have the ML files in the CF card, using the EOSCard from Pelican. You can download from here

http://pel.hu/eoscard

Now im waiting for the firmware (.fir) file for put in the CF card for the 7D make autoboot, without the need to update the firmware every time that you want to use ML. This is because the ML files that the EOSCard put in your CF card just work with a autoboot/bootflag firmware in the 7D.

As soon i manage to do this i will post line by line for everyone that want to trie have the possibility... and lets keep the 7D ALIVE  :D

britom

Your camera may brick so DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

You have to follow these steps in order to try the Audionut ML build and the dual iso module:

You'll Need This Files:

7D firmware v1.2.3 http://pel.hu/down/eos7d123.exe (Thanks to Pelican)
EOScard software http://pel.hu/down/EOScard.exe (Thanks to Pelican!)
EOS Utility 2.8.1 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43043701/EOS.zip
patch.bsdiff https://ml-devel.googlegroups.com/attach/1608f00c71abc464/patch.bsdiff?part=6
bsdiff.exe and bspatch.exe http://download.pokorra.de/coding/bsdiff_win_exe.zip

Enabling Bootflag:

Unzip the bsdiff_win_exe.zip file in any folder. In my case i extracted to a folder in my desktop C:\Users\Miguel\Desktop\Magiclantern\
Double-Click eos7d123.exe and unzip it in the same folder. It should extract the 7d000123.fir file in the folder.
Place the downloaded file patch.bsdiff  in the same folder
Open "cmd" by pressing WindowsKey+R and typing cmd
In the cmd screen change the directory by typing cd "folder where you put the files", in my case it was cd C:\Users\Miguel\Desktop\Magiclantern\
Type bspatch.exe 7d000123.fir firmware.fir patch.bsdiff and press enter
It should generate a file called firmware.fir that we are going to use with EOS Utility.
Copy the firmware.fir file to an empty CF card and put the card in your camera.

Extract EOS.zip in some other folder. In my case i extracted to C:\Users\Miguel\Desktop\Magiclantern\EOS Utility\
For me it worked well but is possible that this EOS Utility wont work because of some missing driver or registry key, so make sure you have installed any Canon EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk before.
Connect the camera to the pc via usb cable.
Go to the folder that you've extracted EOS.zip and double-click EOS Utility.exe *
Click Camera Settings/Remote Shooting option. Make sure your camera dial is in M mode and Liveview turn off.
In the middle of the window click the icon that looks like a cross and a tool, between the Lightning/Flash icon and the Star icon.
Click Firmware Ver. 2.0.3 at the bottom of the list.
Click OK and Select the firmware.fir file from the first folder. Click OK Again.
Wait until is done. **Be very Careful**

Installing ML:

Now put the CF card in your computer. Delete the firmware.fir and the other files.
Open EOScard.exe, click EOS_DEVELOP, BOOTDISK, right-click the ML icon, select Ports in progress and click 7d 2.0.3 alpha2.
Wait until is downloaded and click Save in the upper right corner.

DONE!

This build already contains the Dual Iso Module, It is not enabled by default and you can enable it for testing but some people are having issues with the module so do it at your own risk.

* If the Camera Settings/Remote Shooting option is greyed out follow this steps:
Go to Device Manager by pressing WindowsKey+R and typing devmgmt.msc
Expand the Portable Devices tree and Disable all of them except Canon EOS 7d by right-click - Disable.

Feel free to ask anything, i'll try to answer as soon as possible. Excuse my english :D

tonybeccar

Oh my god thank you!!! It was driving me crazy.. have to go right now but i'll do it later.. I couldn't find anywhere the EOS Utilities (that version).

Again, THANK YOU!!!

arrinkiiii

THANK YOU BRITOM  ;D

Im in this moment doing what you say. Let's wait and seeee  :D 

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

britom

I really hope EOS utility works, otherwise i have to share the full Canon EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk (around 400mb) and it may take a white to upload... internet in ecuador sucks :/

feureau

Thanks for the clear instructions britom! :D

Finally got it working.

If anyone got that red light blinking every time you turn it on: Go to wrench > Warning for bad settings > turn them off.

Also, if anyone having problem when using the dual ISO module, don't go too high an ISO (800 max still the limit it seems?) or it'd only let you shoot once or twice and it'd stop shooting.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: britom on July 27, 2013, 08:41:34 PM
I really hope EOS utility works, otherwise i have to share the full Canon EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk (around 400mb) and it may take a white to upload... internet in ecuador sucks :/

Wend i finish to flash the firmware.fir in to the camera my camera, everything shout down, nothing work. I paste the EOScard files (ML software) to the card, that i have take from camera and connect the camera again and nothing !!! Believe me, i went totally crazy (cold and white face). Then i disconect and take battery, connect again... and voilá, ITS WORK !!! No more firmware boot !!!

Thank you BRITCOM u ROCK !!! And of course all of the ML team are wandeful !!!

Know im see how to work and enable with the dual iso. Will report some testes... but i think is better to post in the right place - Dual ISO - massive dynamic range improvement for 5D3 and 7D -   no??

Quote from: feureau on July 27, 2013, 09:04:22 PM
Thanks for the clear instructions britom! :D

Finally got it working.

If anyone got that red light blinking every time you turn it on: Go to wrench > Warning for bad settings > turn them off.

Also, if anyone having problem when using the dual ISO module, don't go too high an ISO (800 max still the limit it seems?) or it'd only let you shoot once or twice and it'd stop shooting.

Me to  ;D  It's so nice the new GUI  ;D 

I also have that problem the red light is always blinking... Going to disable "warning for bad settings" 

Do you know why we can't go more then ISO 800, do you know? I think that in 5D they go 1600 ISO, no? 

I enable the dual iso module... and now? I can't see where i can chose my setting for the dual iso, do you know?

arrinkiiii

So... I enable de Dual ISO module in the M tab, then i go to the Expo tab (+/-) and click on set (button of the camera) for enable, then click on Q (camera button) to go to the sub-menu.

From there i change the iso to 800 and in the canon menu/camera i put 100.

Going take some photos now  :D

I take one photo after went to take another and nothing, the camera wont shoot. Disconnected camera and connect again (autoboot its wonderful) and is on again.

Take more one or two photos, change the iso in the ML menu from 800 to 640 and trie to shoot but nothing... Half-shutter press it focus confirm but then wend i press to take the picture its just don't take it. Disable camera and connect again and everything is good.

Any idea what is cause this?

I went to see the photos but only Jpeg's. In canon menu its raw+jpeg... going to check in the ML menu...

feureau

Quote from: arrinkiiii on July 27, 2013, 09:21:08 PM
I enable the dual iso module... and now? I can't see where i can chose my setting for the dual iso, do you know?

Go to Expo (second tab from the left), Dual ISO is third option from the bottom.

How do you process dualISO RAWs btw? Scale them by 50%? RTFM'd

feureau

Quote from: arrinkiiii on July 27, 2013, 09:57:27 PM
So... I enable de Dual ISO module in the M tab, then i go to the Expo tab (+/-) and click on set (button of the camera) for enable, then click on Q (camera button) to go to the sub-menu.

From there i change the iso to 800 and in the canon menu/camera i put 100.

Going take some photos now  :D

I take one photo after went to take another and nothing, the camera wont shoot. Disconnected camera and connect again (autoboot its wonderful) and is on again.

Take more one or two photos, change the iso in the ML menu from 800 to 640 and trie to shoot but nothing... Half-shutter press it focus confirm but then wend i press to take the picture its just don't take it. Disable camera and connect again and everything is good.

I went to see the photos but only Jpeg's. In canon menu its raw+jpeg... going to check in the ML menu...

Yeah, it's also crashing randomly for me too. Haven't figured out what the consistent confounding variables though. It even crashes when at iso 400...

arrinkiiii

Quote from: feureau on July 27, 2013, 10:29:50 PM
Go to Expo (second tab from the left), Dual ISO is third option from the bottom.

Thanks Feureau. I find it thaks   :D

I take one photo and after went to take another and nothing, the camera wont shoot. Disconnected camera and connected again (autoboot its wonderful) and is on again.

Take more one or two photos, change the iso in the ML menu from 800 to 640 and trie to shoot but nothing... With the half-shutter press its focus confirm but then wend i press to take the picture its just don't take it. Disable camera and connect again and everything is good.

I went to see the photos but only Jpeg's. In canon menu its raw+jpeg... going to check in the ML menu...  but nothing that i can change for take raw pic's in the ML Menu.

Now i take another photo and just show up the #70 error. Disconnected camera and connected again and everything is ok.

Any idea ???

arrinkiiii

Quote from: feureau on July 27, 2013, 10:36:06 PM
Yeah, it's also crashing randomly for me too. Haven't figured out what the consistent confounding variables though. It even crashes when at iso 400...

Thank you. Let's hope that a1ex can do something about this  ::) 

feureau

Also, when it crashes, it doesn't seem to write any error logs.

Not sure how I can help with debug...

But sometimes, the camera would let me shoot off 7-10 frames that would get unrecorded, then it err70s

arrinkiiii

Quote from: feureau on July 27, 2013, 10:51:06 PM
Also, when it crashes, it doesn't seem to write any error logs.

Not sure how I can help with debug...

But sometimes, the camera would let me shoot off 7-10 frames that would get unrecorded, then it err70s

Yes, is what happen to me. I take one photo and recorded good, raw+jpeg.  Then i enable the dual iso i take a photo and just appear the error and didn't record anything.

Let's see if any dev can work on this.

feureau

I shoot raw only and it records some CR2 before it stops recording but still shoots, then err70.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: feureau on July 27, 2013, 11:18:50 PM
I shoot raw only and it records some CR2 before it stops recording but still shoots, then err70.

I shoot always raw+jpeg and in the begging, wend i install this new version with the modules, i able to shoot some pictures without the error... but the imagens in the card was only jpeg. After one crash or other i take a photo and show up this 70error.

Im going try only with raw and then again with raw+jpeg and report here.

The dual iso not suppose to record some kind of raw file (CR2)? That after you need the cr2hdr.exe program for post processing?

britom

Intervalometer is working weird when i enable manual ramping. It always begins on 1/10th.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: britom on July 27, 2013, 11:56:28 PM
Intervalometer is working weird when i enable manual ramping. It always begins on 1/10th.

Are you on manual mode?

Forget, it just work in bulb.

britom

Quote from: arrinkiiii on July 28, 2013, 12:02:26 AM
Are you on manual mode?

Forget, it just work in bulb.

I tryed in every mode. Same thing.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: britom on July 28, 2013, 02:03:42 AM
I tryed in every mode. Same thing.

Damn  :-\   we need to get a good dev to work good in the 7D  :-[