Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThLDQ

@ Arrinkiiii
Thanks. I guess Pelican gave me the link to the autoexecutable program, so I should not need yours.
@ Pelican
Thanks. i just download the files on the CF and i will work ?

Thierry

arrinkiiii

Quote from: britom on July 27, 2013, 07:52:03 PM
Your camera may brick so DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

You have to follow these steps in order to try the Audionut ML build and the dual iso module:

You'll Need This Files:

7D firmware v1.2.3 http://pel.hu/down/eos7d123.exe (Thanks to Pelican)
EOScard software http://pel.hu/down/EOScard.exe (Thanks to Pelican!)
EOS Utility 2.8.1 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43043701/EOS.zip
patch.bsdiff https://ml-devel.googlegroups.com/attach/1608f00c71abc464/patch.bsdiff?part=6
bsdiff.exe and bspatch.exe http://download.pokorra.de/coding/bsdiff_win_exe.zip

Enabling Bootflag:

Unzip the bsdiff_win_exe.zip file in any folder. In my case i extracted to a folder in my desktop C:\Users\Miguel\Desktop\Magiclantern\
Double-Click eos7d123.exe and unzip it in the same folder. It should extract the 7d000123.fir file in the folder.
Place the downloaded file patch.bsdiff  in the same folder
Open "cmd" by pressing WindowsKey+R and typing cmd
In the cmd screen change the directory by typing cd "folder where you put the files", in my case it was cd C:\Users\Miguel\Desktop\Magiclantern\
Type bspatch.exe 7d000123.fir firmware.fir patch.bsdiff and press enter
It should generate a file called firmware.fir that we are going to use with EOS Utility.
Copy the firmware.fir file to an empty CF card and put the card in your camera.

Extract EOS.zip in some other folder. In my case i extracted to C:\Users\Miguel\Desktop\Magiclantern\EOS Utility\
For me it worked well but is possible that this EOS Utility wont work because of some missing driver or registry key, so make sure you have installed any Canon EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk before.
Connect the camera to the pc via usb cable.
Go to the folder that you've extracted EOS.zip and double-click EOS Utility.exe *
Click Camera Settings/Remote Shooting option. Make sure your camera dial is in M mode and Liveview turn off.
In the middle of the window click the icon that looks like a cross and a tool, between the Lightning/Flash icon and the Star icon.
Click Firmware Ver. 2.0.3 at the bottom of the list.
Click OK and Select the firmware.fir file from the first folder. Click OK Again.
Wait until is done. **Be very Careful**

Installing ML:

Now put the CF card in your computer. Delete the firmware.fir and the other files.
Open EOScard.exe, click EOS_DEVELOP, BOOTDISK, right-click the ML icon, select Ports in progress and click 7d 2.0.3 alpha2.
Wait until is downloaded and click Save in the upper right corner.

DONE!

This build already contains the Dual Iso Module, It is not enabled by default and you can enable it for testing but some people are having issues with the module so do it at your own risk.

* If the Camera Settings/Remote Shooting option is greyed out follow this steps:
Go to Device Manager by pressing WindowsKey+R and typing devmgmt.msc
Expand the Portable Devices tree and Disable all of them except Canon EOS 7d by right-click - Disable.

Feel free to ask anything, i'll try to answer as soon as possible. Excuse my english :D

Pelican

Quote from: Pileot on July 29, 2013, 11:26:28 AM

Firmware.firm is in the root of the SD card, freshly formatted by the camera.

Are you sure you have 7D?  ;)
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

Canon Amateur

Quote from: Pileot on July 29, 2013, 11:26:28 AM
After a brief heart attack, got my camera starting up again.
I get to this point, everything goes perfectly and as explained. Then the EOS utility says to start the update press the set button on the camera. well on the camera it says "Firmware update program. Update file cannot be found. PLease check the memory card and reload the battery and try again"

Firmware.firm is in the root of the SD card, freshly formatted by the camera.

It seems the camera does not want to "update" to an older version, am I doing something wrong?

Additionally, I think the EOScard.exe did not download the files correctly, what files is it supposed to put on the CF card? It places no .fir files, which to me seems odd. How can I "reset" the EOScard application so it re-downloads all applicable files?

I Almost had the same situation you described.
Followed Britom's Step-by-step in post #756 and I could not get the 7D to autoboot.
It turned out I tried this on a CF card I already used for ML.
I formatted the CF in the camera and tried Britoms's steps again.
At the end I manualy copied the contents of Pelican's magiclantern-7D.203.Alpha2.zip onto the CF card.
See also Post #791 for the ZIP file.
Now my 7D autoboots.

I cannot recall the precise steps but these two postings helped me.

@Britom: "Right-click the ML icon" was the eye opener for me!  (RTFM?)
Canon EOS 7D / Canon 1D Mark III / Lytro illum

Pileot

First, arrinkiiii since i linked to the instructions like 5 times i didnt need another link but thanks anways.
Quote from: Pelican

link=topic=3974.msg62551#msg62551 date=1375097947

Are you sure you have 7D?  ;)

CF to SD adapter, perhaps thats the problem? Dont see how...

**edit**

Thought it was too stupid to cause the problem so i had to test it.

**edit 2**
Derp. I feel like a noob.
Downloaded the ML zip from this post:
Quote from: Pelican on July 28, 2013, 10:42:32 PM
EOScard use this link at the moment: http://pel.hu/ML/magiclantern-7D.203.Alpha2.zip
put it on my CF card instead of my CF/SD adapter and guess what, worked no problem.

How dumb do you think I feel, fighting with this for the last 4 hours.... Its time for sleep :)
Thanks for help guys! Now we know this doesnt work too well with adapters :)

arrinkiiii

Quote from: ThLDQ on July 29, 2013, 01:15:20 PM
@ Arrinkiiii
Thanks. I guess Pelican gave me the link to the autoexecutable program, so I should not need yours.
@ Pelican
Thanks. i just download the files on the CF and i will work ?

Thierry

Yes, everything in that zip have the files for ML work. But that files in the ZIP that you put in the CF card are prepare for work with a camera that are autoboot. So, you need to prepare your camera to autoboot. You need bootflag your camera =)

ThLDQ

@ Arrinkiiii
Damn, bootflag the camera ........ that's the problem.
Thierry

arrinkiiii

Quote from: ThLDQ on July 29, 2013, 03:04:12 PM
@ Arrinkiiii
Damn, bootflag the camera ........ that's the problem.
Thierry

Yes indeed but i must say... it was  :)   

You can do your on file (firmware.fir) with the instructions that britom says in the post. But you got mac... if you want, like said before, i can send you de file (firmware.fir). Then with this file you just need to flash you camera, delete and put the ML 203 files in the CF card and you are ready to goo  :D   

mityazabuben

Hi. Thanks for your work. But iv got errors when try to shhot in dual ISO mode...Any suggestion?

Audionut

Start off by not assuming we are mind readers!

ThLDQ

Please Arrinkiiii !!!!!!!!!
send me your file
Thierry

arrinkiiii

Quote from: ThLDQ on July 29, 2013, 06:26:51 PM
Please Arrinkiiii !!!!!!!!!
send me your file
Thierry

MAC and PC always problem =DD

mityazabuben

After taking 3-4 photos its usually hangs up with this message: "Err 70 Shooting is not possible due to an error..."  When I trying to turn it off, its start to show this message: "Recording... Remaining images:1" Only battery extraction helps. After that, on a memory card Ive got only 1 image - first of that was taken.
Log:
ASSERT: 0
at DianaUSBConfig.c:192, task PtpDps
lv:0 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Jul26.7D203
Mercurial changeset   : ac3f8247a551+ (unified)
Built on 2013-07-26 14:58:54 by magiclantern@magiclantern-VirtualBox.
Free Memory  : 357K + 2536K

arrinkiiii

Quote from: mityazabuben on July 29, 2013, 09:17:12 PM
After taking 3-4 photos its usually hangs up with this message: "Err 70 Shooting is not possible due to an error..."  When I trying to turn it off, its start to show this message: "Recording... Remaining images:1" Only battery extraction helps. After that, on a memory card Ive got only 1 image - first of that was taken.
Log:
ASSERT: 0
at DianaUSBConfig.c:192, task PtpDps
lv:0 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Jul26.7D203
Mercurial changeset   : ac3f8247a551+ (unified)
Built on 2013-07-26 14:58:54 by magiclantern@magiclantern-VirtualBox.
Free Memory  : 357K + 2536K

Yes, its happen with all of us! You need to take the battery.

Let see if any dev can solve this.

Pelican

EOScard put this version to the card:

Magic Lantern v2.3.NEXT.2013Jul25.7D203
Mercurial changeset: ac3f8247a551+ (unified)
Built on 2013-07-25 09:50:21 by magiclantern@magiclantern-VirtualBox

The modules folder:
7D_203.sym          41881 bytes
dual_iso.mo            7660 bytes
file_man.mo          13700 bytes

I've  just shot 70+ dual_iso shot without freezing or Err 70
I could take 21 images (RAW+JPG) in a row with 8 fps until the buffer filled up.

Edit:
Continued the test and finally got an Err70 :-(
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3

arrinkiiii

@Pelican

Did u use only 100/800 iso or u went above the 800? Were u put your lower iso, in the canon settings or in ML Dual iso settings? ...and what card u r using?

photogadam

First time poster,

Thanks everyone for working on the dual ISO for the 7D. When I can get it to work, it is awesome!

The previous build was working for a few photos then I would get an error 70, and the latest (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3974.msg62367#msg62367) is giving me the pink highlights and after a few photos, the red light will stay on. If I try to continue to shoot, I'll get an error 80, but no error log. I've tried swapping the ISO in the camera and ML (which was necessary in the build currently available in EOSCard (ISO 800 in camera and 100 for the dual ISO)).

photogadam

Back to the build in EOS Card and using ISO 800 in camera and ISO 100 in ML for dual ISO. Solid red light random 1-9 shots and have to restart.

Pelican

Quote from: arrinkiiii on July 29, 2013, 10:53:21 PM
Did u use only 100/800 iso or u went above the 800? Were u put your lower iso, in the canon settings or in ML Dual iso settings? ...and what card u r using?
100/1600,
last time I used the default setting (low ISO in Canon),
Transcend 400x 32GB

feureau

Quote from: Pelican on July 29, 2013, 10:23:36 PM
EOScard put this version to the card:

Magic Lantern v2.3.NEXT.2013Jul25.7D203
Mercurial changeset: ac3f8247a551+ (unified)
Built on 2013-07-25 09:50:21 by magiclantern@magiclantern-VirtualBox

The modules folder:
7D_203.sym          41881 bytes
dual_iso.mo            7660 bytes
file_man.mo          13700 bytes

I've  just shot 70+ dual_iso shot without freezing or Err 70
I could take 21 file in a row with 8 fps until the buffer filled up.

Edit:
Continued the test and finally got an Err70 :-(

Pelican!

It's dangerous out there. Here. Take this: http://www.mediafire.com/?9kme624ql66qkjq

That's audionut's latest build. Timestamped 2013-07-26.

It doesn't err70 anymore.

xmd5a

obiyan19

Quote from: feureau on July 30, 2013, 09:22:37 AM

Take this: http://www.mediafire.com/?9kme624ql66qkjq

is this version work without the 7d autoboot enabled ?

if not, i prefer wait for a good version, to be sure to not break my 7d hu hu...
600D + 7D + 5D2  // 24-105 L is ~ 100-400 L is ~ 18-200 is ~ 18-55 isII ~ sigma 50 f1.4 EX

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Pelican on July 30, 2013, 03:22:05 AM
100/1600,
last time I used the default setting (low ISO in Canon),
Transcend 400x 32GB

Did you notice any difference in putting the lowest iso in canon or in ML?

Quote from: feureau on July 30, 2013, 09:22:37 AM
Pelican!

It doesn't err70 anymore.

Its also give me the 70error with the latest build from audionut or red light stay on forever, need to take battery.

Quote from: obiyan19 on July 30, 2013, 01:15:21 PM
is this version work without the 7d autoboot enabled ?

if not, i prefer wait for a good version, to be sure to not break my 7d hu hu...

No. You need to wait...maybe forever

feureau

Quote from: arrinkiiii on July 30, 2013, 02:41:27 PM
Its also give me the 70error with the latest build from audionut or red light stay on forever, need to take battery.

It doesn't err70 on mine. Took hundreds of DualISO pics with it.

Red light needs to be manually disabled in the ML menu.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: feureau on July 30, 2013, 03:23:07 PM
It doesn't err70 on mine. Took hundreds of DualISO pics with it.

Red light needs to be manually disabled in the ML menu.

The red light its not the warning light that you disable in the menu (warning for bad settings), that i already disable... the red light its like the camera stay forever recording to the card but nothing happen and the camera don't do nothing, its just block the camera... and then i need to take out the battery.

Anyways, i will put again the files from the last build from audionut and try again  :D

SanDisk Extreme 60MB/s
8GB