Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

Check your ML settings, sounds like you have Ghost image enabled.

Remember: if you see something weird, the first thing you should try is resetting canon and ML preferences (make a backup of ML settings first so you can figure out what was causing it)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

ejszarny

nanomad,
the hdr bracketing is problematic with digic V ?

Morghus

Hi!

I've been using the latest alpha for a while and I noticed two corrupt RAW files when taking time lapses. Here is one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10119318/PublicPrivate/IMG_3322.CR2

I'm not sure if ML is the cause, the only know that this did not happen before I started using ML. I left live view before starting the time lapse shots and I don't have any special settings enabled (no Zebras, no Focus Peak, no Magic Zoom, no Cropmarks, no Ghost image, no Spotmeter, etc.) Let me know if you need more information or if this definitely does not have anything to do with ML.

EDIT: I just found another one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10119318/PublicPrivate/IMG_3121.CR2

newsense

Today I was out testing ML and really enjoy how fast I can set my exposure with the histogram and decided to try out HDR video again which worked great. I noticed that the histogram updates very slow when set to 60p. Is this normal or a possible bug? This was with HDR turned off BTW.

papkee

I'm very excited as I bought the T4i without thinking that ML hadn't been ported yet. I'll surely be donating once I can.

Also, noob question: where exactly can I download these Betas?
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

newsense

Quote from: papkee on May 14, 2013, 01:34:10 AM
I'm very excited as I bought the T4i without thinking that ML hadn't been ported yet. I'll surely be donating once I can.

I am going to present you with the answer to every noob question ever asked. READ. Read this whole post or at least the last 15 pages or so and you shall see the light. Congrats on getting a new T4i BTW and welcome to the forums.

kazeone

Quote from: papkee on May 14, 2013, 01:34:10 AM

ahhhwwww he thinks its in Beta lol its not even into Alpha yet lol but yeah please read or at the very least do a search within the thread.

Rythmtech

Quote from: Morghus on May 13, 2013, 09:34:25 PM
Hi!

I've been using the latest alpha for a while and I noticed two corrupt RAW files when taking time lapses. Here is one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10119318/PublicPrivate/IMG_3322.CR2

Hi Morghus,
Just d/ld your pics and they look fine to me, although one looks to be compressed and one not 5MB & 20MB resp.

What exactly is the problem?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
650D | Canon 17-55 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Nifty 50 1.8
---------------------------------------------------------------------

philharmonie

Isn't there an exposure and audio menu?

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Sandsnor

I went through all this struggle and registered myself just to write this single post!

I can't seem to figure how to successfully install ML.
What i did:
1. Low level format
2. Put the FIR-file on the sdcard and then put the sdcard back in the camera
3. In Manual photo mode, go to the fourth wrench and do a firmware update.

Here's where the problem occurs, when it's done it says "Update file cannot be found. Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again".  :-\

I got firmware ver. 1.0.1

iBeethoGun

Hi everyone ! I'm french, and i'm trying to understand your posts... But my english is not good enough !
I just have one question please, i'm about to buy a DSLR for video mainly. Hesitating between Sony Alpha 77 or 650D with Magic Lantern...

Reading your words, it seems that a lot of features are working now. So have i just to install ML alpha to get all those features working well with probably some bugs, or do i need to install it, and then modify some files or other things ?

hopefully you will understand what i mean... :-\

Thx !

donjames150

Quote from: Sandsnor on May 14, 2013, 05:11:36 PM
I went through all this struggle and registered myself just to write this single post!

I can't seem to figure how to successfully install ML.
What i did:
1. Low level format
2. Put the FIR-file on the sdcard and then put the sdcard back in the camera
3. In Manual photo mode, go to the fourth wrench and do a firmware update.

Here's where the problem occurs, when it's done it says "Update file cannot be found. Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again".  :-\

I got firmware ver. 1.0.1

maybe you have a bad copy of the .fir file for some reason

download again and try

download https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/99bd629f7c5712346369840e64c04fd2d4576520/platform/650D.101/devkit/650D-safe-dumper.fir?at=unified
EOS 760D + 55-250mm + Tokina 11-16mm

newsense

Has anyone else noticed the histogram updates slow in 60p or is it just me?

Sandsnor

Quote from: donjames150 on May 14, 2013, 06:18:25 PM
maybe you have a bad copy of the .fir file for some reason

download again and try

download https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/99bd629f7c5712346369840e64c04fd2d4576520/platform/650D.101/devkit/650D-safe-dumper.fir?at=unified

Thanks for the advice!
I actually got it to work, changed from a MicroSDXC (With adapter) to a regular SD-card and it seems to work seamless now (:
Is it a known problem that you can't use microSD-cards for ML?

Chuck J

http://www.eoshd.com/content/10324/big-news-hands-on-with-continuous-raw-recording-on-canon-5d-mark-iii

Another game changer by the Devs! Great Job!!!!!  ;D  And now for the newb question. Is this possible for 650d to any extent?  :-[

TomJ

Quote from: iBeethoGun on May 14, 2013, 06:17:14 PM
Hi everyone ! I'm french, and i'm trying to understand your posts... But my english is not good enough !
I just have one question please, i'm about to buy a DSLR for video mainly. Hesitating between Sony Alpha 77 or 650D with Magic Lantern...

Reading your words, it seems that a lot of features are working now. So have i just to install ML alpha to get all those features working well with probably some bugs, or do i need to install it, and then modify some files or other things ?

hopefully you will understand what i mean... :-\

Thx !

If you are in Paris, let me know, I will be there early next week and can show you my T4i with PA2 on it and you can play with it a bit. I could help you instal, but hesitant as many say you can brick, but I think if people follow the exact dirs, there won't be an issue.

And you could help me with things there in Paris in exchange perhaps?

nanomad

Quote from: newsense on May 14, 2013, 06:45:39 PM
Has anyone else noticed the histogram updates slow in 60p or is it just me?
It's probably not a bug, but I'll check it out

Stevenbaril

How do I install ML onto my 650D?

Lucas_W

Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

donjames150

Quote from: Stevenbaril on May 15, 2013, 06:34:37 AM
How do I install ML onto my 650D?

This is what worked for me:

Create a magic lantern folder on your hard drive

Download http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/650D/magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Apr30.650D.PreAlpha2.zip (unzip all files to your ml folder on your hard drive)

On your camera select menu, first wrench icon, format card

download https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/99bd629f7c5712346369840e64c04fd2d4576520/platform/650D.101/devkit/650D-safe-dumper.fir?at=unified, then copy the .fir file to your card and put it back in the camera.

With the cam in manual mode, go to last wrench setting before star, fimware ver, set,  select ok, then my menu settings will read enablebootdisk :)

Put your card in the computer and download http://pel.hu/down/EOScard.exe and run this program

Check EOS Devlop and Bootdisk boxes, save

Check the card, if EOS card wrote any files, delete them

Copy from your ML folder these files: ML folder, autoexec.bin and 650D-safe-dumper.fir to your card

Put card in camera and press the trashcan button after it boots, then the left arrow button to the left of the set button

EOS 760D + 55-250mm + Tokina 11-16mm

tomaash

Hi everyone. Firstly, big thank you to the ML developers. You're doing a great job and I look forward the stable version of ML for 650D.

The main reason why I want to install ML on my camera is 'intervalometer'. I wouldn't probably use much else from ML.

And so the question: Is it stable and safe to use intervalometer in pre-alfa version? Or am I better to wait till the stable version is released. I am between waiting for that or buying a hardware intervalometer.

Thank you for you time to answer.

PS: i am tempted to ask when the ML is done (in weeks? months? years?), but i already know the answer from reading this forum for a while ;) keep up the good work guys!

taifighter

Just downloaded ML - everything seems to be working fine (when I say this, I mean that all of the little bugs that I have noticed have already been mentioned in this thread).

I did notice something, however. My LiveView is tinted ever so slightly more red/orange than the actual picture. Is this normal?

Beardymadness

When enabling the boot flag the camera is giving errors about fonts.dat. Should I have the ML folder and the 650D-safe-dumper.fir both on the card?
To clarify all that is currently on the card is the "650D-safe-dumper.fir" file

Thx

nanomad

Yes, you need the fir and the ML stuff on the card