Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craize

I'm so happy right now! it will be a sleepless night :O
Canon EOS 650D - Magic Lantern | Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 | Canon 18-55mm Kit-Lense | Minolta MD Rokkor 50mm f/1.7

Ivarss

Quote from: nanomad on January 29, 2013, 08:54:10 PM
Once I collect this information ill disable the non working features and release the real alpha.
Let's call it a test to see how many people are actually interested in helping out the project by donating a bit of time ;)

I would love to donate as much time as i can possible offer! im having alot of dead hours sometimes on my internship this entire week that i could spend testing some! Gonna keep a close watch on this topic tommorow and i speak from all of us when i say: THANKS ALOT DEVS!
We all (At least i do) appreciate what you done to the Canon film world!  ;D
Dyxlexia and Dyscalcia has its scars...

cutwheel

+1 Can't wait to test!  Thanks for the great job!

1ricca

Quote from: Ivarss on January 29, 2013, 10:45:01 PM
I would love to donate as much time as i can possible offer! im having alot of dead hours sometimes on my internship this entire week that i could spend testing some! Gonna keep a close watch on this topic tommorow and i speak from all of us when i say: THANKS ALOT DEVS!
We all (At least i do) appreciate what you done to the Canon film world!  ;D

^this... ;)

Morghus

ProfessorX

maxt4i

pedrocorreasa

Looks like I've just arrived to this forum on a very nice ocasion  ;D

Wookie

VERY well done Nanomad, its a great deal of brain work gone into this.

Add me to the tester list too, if I may.

Many thanks

Wookie

baga

Quote from: Wookie on January 30, 2013, 03:12:39 AM
VERY well done Nanomad, its a great deal of brain work gone into this.

Add me to the tester list too, if I may.

Many thanks

Wookie

I agree, I had put off checking here and then checked back at the right time.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

mlemonds

add me to the list as well please, very excited.

maxt4i

AlecWild

blade

I am limited in time, and cant risk the downtime of a bricked camera, so i will skip the first wave, if i feel comfortable that it works for others i will jump in and start testing.

Looking forward to the (pre-) alpha!

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

PelleParafin

I'm in as well. Keep up the excellent work!
EOS 650D  |  Kit Zoom EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS II  |  Zoom EF-S 18-135mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS STM  |  Zoom EF-S 75-300 1:4-5.6 III  |  Macro EF-S 60mm 1:2.8 USM

nanomad

I need a volunteer for testing the pre-alpha1 build installation. Keep in mind this may be dangerous. The first one to answer below will receive a PM from me with instructions
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

blade

Jannf, you are a brave soul!!!  thanx

roterrion

Quote from: nanomad on January 30, 2013, 10:30:25 AM
I need a volunteer for testing the pre-alpha1 build installation. Keep in mind this may be dangerous. The first one to answer below will receive a PM from me with instructions
Quote from: JannF on January 30, 2013, 10:40:08 AM
Me? :D

goodluck bro :P
EOS 650D, Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 HSM, Canon 40mm f2.8 STM, 50mm II f1.8, Transcend 16GB Class 10, Transcend 32GB UHS-I 300x
http://youtube.com/roterrion
http://vimeo.com/roterrion

nanomad

We have a green light.
The install procedure is not really straightforward but it should be doable by someone with a ML knowledge

WARNING: This will make both your card and your camera bootable. It should also be the only "permanent" change to your camera this build does, but I cannot guarantee you that

• Reset camera settings
  • Reset custom functions
  • Turn dial to M mode
  • Place a spare SD in the camera
  • Do a in-camera low level format
  • Download the firmware dumper: 01_650d_dumper.rar
  • Extract it on the card (the structure is similar to traditional ML installs, just with less folders and no autoexec)
  • Do a firmware update
  • The camera will do some stuff, dump the firmware and then stop with a solid red light
  • Turn off the camera
  • Remove card and battery
  • Place card in the reader
  • Run EOSCard, select your card, make it bootable (check all the flags, don't touch the ML or CHDK buttons)
  • Hit save a couple of times
  • Download the pre-alpha1 build 02_650D.101.PreAlpha1.READTHEFORUM.zip
  • Extract it on your card, replace files when asked (if it doesn't, you're probably doing it wrong :P)
  • Put card in camera
  • You know what you do ;)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

loplo

Quote from: blade on January 30, 2013, 08:48:09 AM
I am limited in time, and cant risk the downtime of a bricked camera, so i will skip the first wave, if i feel comfortable that it works for others i will jump in and start testing.

Looking forward to the (pre-) alpha!

You can choose what to boot: Canon or ML.
So if ML is not performing right, or you can't use it as you would like, you can boot the camera without ML.

blade

Quote from: loplo on January 30, 2013, 11:32:21 AM
You can choose what to boot: Canon or ML.
So if ML is not performing right, or you can't use it as you would like, you can boot the camera without ML.

You are properly right, will do the required reading and get to work

nanomad

Quote from: blade on January 30, 2013, 11:37:37 AM
You are properly right, will do the required reading and get to work

Actually, no. With alpha builds the risk of bricking is higher. If you can't afford the downtime then please don't try running them.

blade

Quote from: nanomad on January 30, 2013, 11:38:53 AM
Actually, no. With alpha builds the risk of bricking is higher. If you can't afford the downtime then please don't try running them.

I wont, but will do the reading on how it schould be done, so if there is an alpha, i will be ready to go

loplo

Any feedback? Either noone is risking the pre alpha or everybody is busy testing.