Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basem1234

Hello Bosses

i have 5D mk III WITH CF card KOMPUTERBAY 128Gb 1066x UDMA7, but i need to know something about ML what is the ideal menu setup to shoot with this settings 3584 or 2560 not 1920 because when i try this in the RAW video options i see down the screen says that is not possible in current video mode (max 1920). or i can make this only by editing throw photoshop to make it 2.7k or 4K.
   PS. my ML software is 1.1.3-ml-Nightly.2 and already install the latest Built on: 2014-07-03 03:11:21 +0400.

Thanxxx

dmilligan

liciniobta

Quote from: dmilligan on July 03, 2014, 01:15:34 AM
Read the install guide: http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install

Thank you! I'll try .. had read diagonally because I had researched on the ML a few months and this time I did not realize this detail.  8)

xur82

Just for your information..

I installed 5D 3 ML 1.2.3 version 01.07.14 and had some problems I thought I'd let you know.

Camera getting jammed on 'cleaning sensor' when turning off every time, had to remove battery.
Temp shot to 53 pretty quick - is that high? - camera seemed warm.
Crashed/locked up when pressing magnify while recording
Couldn't record ML_RAW - just h264 (may well be user error of course), although modules were loaded and on. (Computerbay 1066)

Uninstall worked perfectly fine.

Great work you are doing, no criticism in any way!    -  maybe I should try an earlier nightly build? - People seem to be having good results - is this a better option? Are earlier nightlies more stable in any way?

Kind regards..

Cian

budafilms

Quote from: xur82 on July 04, 2014, 02:01:30 AM
Just for your information..

I installed 5D 3 ML 1.2.3 version 01.07.14 and had some problems I thought I'd let you know.

Camera getting jammed on 'cleaning sensor' when turning off every time, had to remove battery.
Temp shot to 53 pretty quick - is that high? - camera seemed warm.
Crashed/locked up when pressing magnify while recording
Couldn't record ML_RAW - just h264 (may well be user error of course), although modules were loaded and on. (Computerbay 1066)

Uninstall worked perfectly fine.

Great work you are doing, no criticism in any way!    -  maybe I should try an earlier nightly build? - People seem to be having good results - is this a better option? Are earlier nightlies more stable in any way?

Kind regards..

Cian

Uau, too much problems for the build.
Try one of June or May.
Have you checked the Canon Menu for the sensor cleaning?
.RAW is very stable. Try to put less resolution than 1920 in order to test the RAW.

michail090

Guys i 've used ML on my 550d and it was a breeze to install and use. However I am having major issues with my 6d. I 've tried the installation guide/tutorial over abd over and over but no success.

I looked into nightly builds- didn't quite understand but tried to install it on my 6d (may22-2014 built). It seems to have been installed correctly but seems like it's missing stuff. I am lost here. Should have i installed ML 2.3 first and then update or the stand alone installation i did is ok? Please note that no problems to the camera, and NB can be easily removed. Any pointers would be more than appreciated! Thank you

Walter Schulz

Format card using a cardreader. Insert card into cam and format again. Reinsert card into cardreader. Download nightly build, extract contents. Copy contents to card. Reinsert card into cam. Startup and run Canon's firmware update. Follow instrutctions, don't let the 30 seconds timeout run out and restart cam before. Restart cam. Donate to FSF.

samson33

Hello,

where can i see which nightly build is ok?
Even in the bug reports there is not a kind of statistics (of reported bugs) or couldnt find it?

Also is it better to use firmware 113 or 123 for Canon 5D3 RAW shooting?

thank you!

dmilligan

Quote from: samson33 on July 06, 2014, 10:40:13 PM
where can i see which nightly build is ok?
Nowhere. The whole point of the nightly builds is that you test them and tell us that. (If they were well tested, they wouldn't be nightly builds!)

Robbe

Installed latest nighly build, 2014Jul02, (tried also with earlier versions), loaded raw_rec module and reboot.
The Menu/Modules shows raw_rec OK, but Menu/Movies are all dimmed and no green dot. In Menu/Modules/RAW video shows N/A, but I can set resolution and record. Just after recording, the green dot lights and showing resolution. But when reboot there is no resolution showing and no green dots. Have to start over again every time.
//RobBe
Canon 5D MarkII, Canon 600D, EF 14mm, EF 15mm, EF 35-350, EF 70-200  ML: latest Nighly Build + RAW video module. 32GB Sandisk 800x (120 MB/s) card.

DesterWallaboo

Haven't been able to get a nightly build for several days. The pull-down menu isn't working at all. I've seen this happen intermittently in the past, but not for such an extended period of time. Anyone know what's up?

Walter Schulz

DesterWallaboo

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 15, 2014, 09:36:53 PM
Have you installed some kind of blocking software?
Try
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/

No blocking software. I've disabled all extensions, etc. and still no love. Tried in various browsers as well.

Andy600

Might be javascript related if you're on a Windows 7 platform!?. I don't use the nightlies but I just tried and the dropdown menu is not working for me either in Firefox 30.0, Chrome or Explorer. Jenkins is good though :)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

QuickHitRecord

I downloaded last night's 1.13 build for the 5Diii and put it on my camera. I enabled some of the modules (MLV_REC, MLV_SND) and restarted so that I could set the MLV parameters. Upon restarting, I noticed the the entire modules menu was gone and of consequently, MLV recording was not available to me. I've restarted the camera several times, but nothing has improved. Any ideas?
5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

Walter Schulz

Delete card's ML directory and copy dir + files to card again.

QuickHitRecord

5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

obiyan19

that a lot of time (month ! ) i didin't download nightly built, but i have same problem here. the pull-down menu dont work with my computer (xp pro with ie, firefox or chrome, same problem) try anything, but nothing work.

i have a laptop with win 7, but dont have it now, will try later on it.

edit: all is good with https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/   :D
600D + 7D + 5D2  // 24-105 L is ~ 100-400 L is ~ 18-200 is ~ 18-55 isII ~ sigma 50 f1.4 EX

QuickHitRecord

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 16, 2014, 11:10:22 PM
Delete card's ML directory and copy dir + files to card again.

Same thing happens. The modules do not load, and the modules menu disappears. I also tried today's build with the same result.

While the zip files are dated correctly, I noticed that the info in the ML startup screen references July 3rd rather than today or yesterday's date. Maybe that is related.

Walter Schulz

Sounds like an old AUTOEXEC.BIN. Delete or overwrite card's AUTOEXEC.BIN

QuickHitRecord

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 17, 2014, 04:36:22 PM
Sounds like an old AUTOEXEC.BIN. Delete or overwrite card's AUTOEXEC.BIN

Of course. I should have thought of that. I replaced both the folder and the AUTOEXEC and everything boots up just fine.

budafilms

BUILD 07-16 - Komputer bay 64 GB 1000x

5D Mark III - .MLV 1920x1080 25p Global Draw ON - Continuous! (even pressing focus button_.
                            1920x1152 - 1:30 min. Global Draw Off.

I think so far the best build for MLV. (works as the beginning, without skipping one frame)

Possible Bug, don't let me wrong.
MLV Play after index, start to reproduce all the files.
When you press half shutter, and return to press Play button, MLV work continuously  with out press play.
(work in background).

I not checked external monitor. It's time to do that?

Thanks.

nikfreak

Quote from: erox76 on July 18, 2014, 01:47:52 AM
It will kick me out of the ML menu and back to live view after a few seconds, no matter how many times I re-open ML menu! Am I missing something?

Yeah I can confirm this. But I thought this is normal behaviour as I was using ML for the first time on my cam. About 2-4 seconds and afterwards you get kicked out the menu if you don't navigate through it
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

a1ex

ML sits on top of some transparent LiveView dialog (these enable the scrollwheels), and these dialogs will timeout if not used (that's how Canon designed them).

Both 1% and Maqs tried a lot of things to solve it (including sending fake events to simulate activity). Maqs found how to use GUI timers, and the next step is probably figuring out what timer to stop or to delay.

The raw recorders contain a similar hack (they modify the duration of the GUI dialog refresh timer, to reduce CPU usage in Canon tasks).

See also https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1974/6d-in-live-view-mode-ml-menu-times-out

erox76

I wonder does the 5dmiii have this same issue? As when I bought it, I remember seeing some pamphlet in there that was describing the features as being similar but only some of the features were available for 6D! I know they are different cams completely, just thinking there might be something on the 5d that might help.