Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepinghouse

Quote from: a1ex on May 18, 2014, 08:58:58 PM
Turn off "Show console" from the Debug menu.

thanks a1ex. I installed the may 20th nightly build and haven't had any issues.
5d mkii  ||  canon 50 f/1.4  ||  hexanon 40 f/1.8  ||  tokina 20-35 f/2.8  ||  zenitar 16 f/2.8  ||

dpjpandone

I just want to say thanks to a.shih for getting mlvplay back into nightlies for 50D!

a1ex

Updated the features table to show some internal definitions: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features

(such as whether the camera has a blue LED, or a flip-out LCD, or a dedicated bulb mode, or various backend things)

A few things to be double-checked on new ports:

- CONFIG_REC709: check if the screenshot colors match the ones from LiveView; if not, try enabling this.
- CONFIG_WB_WORKAROUND: if your camera does not remember Kelvin WB and WBShift in movie mode. I expect it to be needed only on older Rebel cameras only.
- CONFIG_ZOOM_BTN_NOT_WORKING_WHILE_RECORDING: enabled on 650D, but not on 700D (I expect these two to be identical here).

kihlbahkt

I'm looking for some nightly builds for January 2014 back thru July of 2013. I could only go back to February 2014 in nightly" show older builds". I want to do some testing with my 600d. Surely some of you folks have builds from those time periods. If you have any nightly builds send me a pm and I will try to compile a group for  testing  between v2.3 and whenever we get a working nightly for 600d. Thanks for your help.
600D x2

kihlbahkt

That definitely helps a1ex. Kudos for your immediate response.
600D x2

a1ex

3 weeks ago I've asked nicely for some stubs required for mlv_play and some future refactorings. It was done in a branch so it won't break the nightly builds until these stubs were found.

So far, I've received these stubs only for EOS-M+5D3 (jpaana) and 700D (mk11174). Since I doubt that waiting a few more weeks will bring in more stubs, I've merged the branch, so all the other builds are broken and will stay so until somebody will wake up and take care of them.

Good luck ;)

edit: most nightly builds are back online, thanks to ayshih (50D)Pelican (7D), dmilligan (60D), nanomad (650D/1100D/550D), escho (600D) and a.d. (5D2).

Still waiting for 500D and 6D.

nachordez

I have a 600D, but I have no idea how to get them... But if someone can guide me, I would be pleased to help!
EOS 600D  /  OpenSuse 13.1

Johannes

Hey Guys,

Screen is black on crop when (exact) FPS overrite (30) is on.

Build: 2014-05-31 01:11:18 +0200
  first seen at 2014-05-24 01:10:49 +0200

And is it possible to show RAW HistoBar and the sound level??

or just turn MLV sound on but hide the sound level to see RAW HistoBar

[ 5D III 113 ]

budafilms

Build May 25. 5d3 1.2.3
.MLV
ETTR is stuck at ISO 12.800
I changed the light, reset, manual changed and when I press SET, again at one value with the text:limite reached.

Thanks.

psihodrill

Can`t download latest Nightly Builds for 60d. it`s says "This Build Failed!"

Peatsmoke

Quote from: a1ex on May 30, 2014, 01:03:59 PM
3 weeks ago I've asked nicely for some stubs required for mlv_play and some future refactorings. It was done in a branch so it won't break the nightly builds until these stubs were found.

So far, I've received these stubs only for EOS-M+5D3 (jpaana) and 700D (mk11174). Since I doubt that waiting a few more weeks will bring in more stubs, I've merged the branch, so all the other builds are broken and will stay so until somebody will wake up and take care of them.

Good luck ;)

edit: ayshih submitted the 50D stubs, and escho submitted some of the missing bits for 600D; still waiting for all the other cameras

Hi A1ex,

If I could, I really would help you with this. As a newbee I don't know, how to extract this/those file(s) from my 7D.
Is there any tutorial for this kind of work, or could you please help me to help you (and all the others)?

Grtz Peatsmoke

dmilligan

Quote from: Peatsmoke on June 02, 2014, 11:10:47 AM
If I could, I really would help you with this. As a newbee I don't know, how to extract this/those file(s) from my 7D.
Is there any tutorial for this kind of work, or could you please help me to help you (and all the others)?
Finding these requires reverse engineering, something for a skilled developer who knows what he is doing, and this post from a1ex is more directed at them and not so much at users in general.

It's great that you want to help though, if you know how to code and are fairly familiar with C, then start here, and maybe work on something from here. If you don't you can always learn or help in other ways.

pranjal38

Any update on the recent builds of 600d...i am not into technical stuff,so i can't really figure out whats the problem with 600d builds...but i am really hoping for further builds of 600d..the last build that showed "this build failed" was on 24th of may...

a1ex

kaushal

hii, i have a 7D and i installed the magic lantern nightly version,
there are few problems with it as follows
1. Exposure meter is working but can't move the rectangle with the joystick within the screen.
2. Recording stops within 10 seconds, i tried reinstalling yet its the same.
3. Camera is heating up so fast when i use magic lantern, without it i can take around 20 minutes continuous shot yet    doesn't get heat up.
4. Focus peaking is not working.
5. arkanoid doesn't do do anything?? i really have no idea about it but when i go on it, its js some graphic.. sorry m very amature..

Trying to seek help. Sorry for the trouble.. Please get back on these if you can..

erox76

Hi is there any chance that the 6D will be back up in the Nightly Builds?
I've been away for a bit and jumped in to see what's new! Everything looks awesome and hope to join back in soon! :-\

erox76

Quote from: kaushal on June 04, 2014, 09:04:08 PM
hii, i have a 7D and i installed the magic lantern nightly version,
there are few problems with it as follows
5. arkanoid doesn't do do anything?? i really have no idea about it but when i go on it, its js some graphic.. sorry m very amature..

Trying to seek help. Sorry for the trouble.. Please get back on these if you can..
Arkanoid is an old school video game... as far as the other stuff I don't know as iv'e never encountered that but make sure you did a proper install of the initial Lantern with raw and goodies then delete all the ML files and put the nightly in there and boot your camera!

fotogemeinschaft_de

It would be nice, when the 2 pages:

http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features

could be set as rss-feeds for special cameras.

F.i. I would like to be informed, when a new nightly build for my Canon 5D MK 3 is ready for download.
Please visit my www.fotogemeinschaft.de - 30.000 pics

Peatsmoke

Quote from: a1ex on June 03, 2014, 02:38:43 PM
Here's a tutorial for finding the missing stubs: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12177

Quote from: dmilligan on June 02, 2014, 01:04:01 PM
Finding these requires reverse engineering, something for a skilled developer who knows what he is doing, and this post from a1ex is more directed at them and not so much at users in general.

It's great that you want to help though, if you know how to code and are fairly familiar with C, then start here, and maybe work on something from here. If you don't you can always learn or help in other ways.

Ok... Sorry guys...  :o

pranjal38

can i use 550d builds for 600d...as 600d build are not yet uploaded to the latest ones...i think 550d & 600d are pretty same camera...so if i keep the firmwire file of 600d and use the modules of 550d,will it work ???

dia3olik

Quote from: fotogemeinschaft_de on June 05, 2014, 11:08:33 AM
It would be nice, when the 2 pages:

http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features

could be set as rss-feeds for special cameras.

F.i. I would like to be informed, when a new nightly build for my Canon 5D MK 3 is ready for download.

BRILLIANT !!!!

+1 !!!

yop

Hello,
I just instal the latest build ML for 7D but I have the complete audio menu (no audio meter). I'm new in this wonderful ML land. I'm looking for a stable version.
Please help!
Thanks

actingnurse

I just want to thank all of the devs for their hard work. Thanks to you all, my next short film will look tits. No better way to describe it. H.264 is good.. but RAW? fuhgeddaboudit.