Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

It started to work :P

Noticed the docs were not built from the latest sources though.

sutobe

what is the best way to install the upgraded docs?

Just delete the old docs folder of any previous build or leave it and copy&paste&replace the files in it with the new ones?
Canon EOS 550D / Canon EF-S 10-22mm 1:3,5-4,5 USM / Canon EF-S 18-55 mm 3.5-5.6 IS / Canon EF-S 55-250mm 4,0-5,6 IS II / Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II / Canon Speedlite 430EX II

a1ex

They are not upgraded, someone needs to edit them first, and fix the build script...

Guilherme

What problems can damage my camera with the installation of the nightly builds, have you any record of that happening?

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: Guilherme on June 26, 2013, 01:35:56 AM
What problems can damage my camera with the installation of the nightly builds, have you any record of that happening?

They have been known to burst into flames during prolonged use, but other than that and the occasional bricking you should be fine.

Jk... the nightly's have been very stable and I use them commercially in multiple cameras.

lister

Since 600D Audio TEST release Topic is locked, i will be free to post one suggestion here:

Since in 600D Mic boost is much cleaner than Audio gain (It is conclusion from users on this forum also), it would be usefull to have Mic boost available in Arrow/SET shortcut menu instead of Audio gain. To clarify, it would be much better better if -Rec and Rec+ buttons in Arrow/Set shortcuts would control Mic boost, rather than Audio gain, as they do now.

Thank you!

[email protected]

Can't wait to get ML working on my new 650D.  Seems there has been a lot of hard graft, blood, sweat and tears to get to this point.
However, I've tried everything including firmware upgrade to 1.04, and    ...nothing.  It doesn't work.
Mind you I'm no techie and the instructions scattered around the place seem somewhat complex and convoluted.

Is there a .zip file I can download, copy to my SD card and load up on the 650D.  Anything more than that is going to confuse me, me thinks !!

Many thanks in advance for any help,
Jon

ToniX

I am confused, help. :P

I have installed the ML2.3 several times already and no problem at all.

Then I wished to try something more and I've got (within others) these links:

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-2.0/downloads  (suggested latest build SixThirty)

I unziped it and I found several files, to be copied on the SD included the autoexec.bin ( weight much lighter than the ML2.3), only  the original ML directory structure in my camera  doesn't match with the structure indicated in the TL instruction.

Anyway, I've got it working in some way but, I dropped it and went back to ML2.3, because the menu structure is completely different (too much for me to start learning a new menu again).

Then I've got another link (after serching/reading alot)  that is this:

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern/downloads/autoexec.bin.EXfat.600D.Latest

That is actually still on my camera and I am testing.(no problem until now) only is, that I noted that the date
of the post ,from where I've got the link is Sept.2012.

Can please someone tell me what I am missing/confusing, and point me to the latest update for the 600D? :)

600D - EFs18-55 ISII

nanomad

What's wrong with the nightly builds in the first post?

Btw, build system was broken. Fixed it again :)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

ToniX

I have read the 35 page post about RAW on 600D , among other countless readings, that's a bt hard for me, since I am only speak weblish, not actually english.  :-X

I experienced issues with both installations

With Sixthirty I've got so low quality video  (big square artifact in big blocks, with bad colors) even with every ML option disabled, also I've got the sRAW issue (later I read the solution about it, but I couldn't even remember it right now, moreover I learned there are a lot of trouble with RAW, so I decided to go for an easier step, :P
At this point I found the EXfat.600D.Latest

at the begining I was much more enthusiast,since menu structure looks much more friendly to me, then I tried to shot few video and I encountered the two known issues (camera blocked/error 70(?))that at the moment put me in panic for the risk of camera damage :o >:( ;D, but seems I am lucky, and no consequences.
I then reinstalled the 2.3 version found in the main ML, everything worked as usual, much relaxed.

Now  I've  found and have just installed the 2.3NEXT, build 07-06-2013:menu are familiar :).
Now I am checking the menu, I'm getting error while trying load modules (they are inside Module folder...)
later I will try to take some shot to see what happen.

Any suggestion about module issue welcome (I am shure is written somewhere but, please do not ask me to go throught the 35 page posts  ;D

thanks and
No word to expressmy admiration for the amazing work.   
ML forever.

600D - EFs18-55 ISII

ToniX

First sorry, pardon, forgive me,apologizes, shame on me etc......( :-[   I misunderstood your question: You referred to the download in the first post in the thread, while I  to the first download I made as mentioned in my first post, or so.)

I got this error:
tcc: error:undefined symbol 'edmac_copy_rectangle_finish ... [E] failed to link modules

I made a search and I've found one post about it, but don't know what they are talking about... :-[

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I installed (after cleaning-formatting-etc the card- ::) the JUL7 ver. but still have the same error.

That's odd. I strictly follow the procedure so I argue I'am missing something somewhere but,what? 

I remember I was able to load the modules with no errors two days ago, when I've installed the SixThirty version.. ()

??? but Sixthirty build is it stored in the "WITH RAW video section", while the ML2.3NEXT version is in the " NO-RAW video section".   :o....  confusion.

Does having Modules enabled in the ML2.3NEXT turn on the RAW video ?

Does having such errors, affects any ML functionality?

Are such version interchangeable? (peraphs, could I copy the Sixthyrti modules folder  into in ML2.3NEXT..or it is armful for the camera?).

Yes, I see, it appear that I am making a cloud of dust: don't worry,  it is just me, while cleaning and put some order.

600D - EFs18-55 ISII

futzy

Did anyone compile the 100D / SL1 version yet (should be in nightly builds since mid June as said on twitter)?

I would like to test it next week in the field but have no means of compiling it right now.

So if there is someone with compiled version can you please share it?

Thank you!

ToniX

nobody else having the same issue?  :o

BTW: swapping the files doesn't work. ;D

Forgetting to say that I cannot run the RAWversion due HW limitations. (only a sloooow 2006 notebook,
1.5ghz+2g RAM...for now and for a while.)
8)
600D - EFs18-55 ISII

drecart

ToniX I'm having the same error as you when trying to install the most recent Nightly Build(July 10) on a 600D.

tcc: error:undefined symbol 'edmac_copy_rectangle_finish ... [E] failed to link modules

ToniX

I hope someone  will fix it.

For what I could argue it is due a bad argument in the script.
In the while, to continue practice with ML, I switched back to the NewSystem version of Tragic Lantern, wich has modules working .

I am experimenting with noRAW videos, trying instead to enhance the  quality of the appareance of native h264, by fine tuning and tweaking, with ML, the shot's parameters.

600D - EFs18-55 ISII

reddikan

I'm glad I finally found somebody else who is having the same error as I am:

I've used magic lantern for a while now, but decided today that I would try the latest nightly build.  Am I doing something wrong??

vovaja

Hi all. I'd like to have a complete set of files prompts. folder magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Jul10.60D.550D.600D.50D.500D.5D2.1100D\ML\doc
canon 60D, hellios-44-2,canon 28-135mm

rubixcom

Stupid question; how do I invoke the included scripts from the ML menu?

Many thanks,
Alfred

Olev

Thought about updating ML on my 550D last night and the latest builds do not boot up (the hang is so severe that the power button doesn't even power off - only removing the battery, the red light on the camera just lights up and nothing else). Took me some time to find the last working one and after many trials I found out the last working version is 2013Jul15.

hdx

^ Yeah, all builds newer than 2013Jul15 do not work on 550D. Took me a lot of time today to find working version.

robschii

last versions since 15th july doesnt work. please fix it

eoshq

I'm kinda sad about this.  :'(   The camera that it all started with (550D/T2i) is being forgotten.  :o

achangsta

It took me a couple hours to figure this out too. I finally found this thread.

@a1ex and @nanomad: Is the 550D being phased out intentionally or is it because it just can't support all the new features?

a1ex

You should not expect us providing a polished product that you can just consume. This is a community effort. Grab your C compiler, fix it and submit a patch.

I've left this one unfixed on purpose - it's a great opportunity to get your hands dirty and learn something.

Continue here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7140.0