Crop mood - WYSIWYG Edition (650D / 700D / EOS M / 100D)

Started by theBilalFakhouri, April 01, 2023, 06:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scriptmonkey

It's ok now, thanks. Kill Global Draw must be indeed OFF for the overlays.

scriptmonkey

I loaded the Dual ISO module, tried it out, then I tried to switch off the camera but "sensor cleaning" was there forever. I rebooted several times, maybe five or six, switched between menus and preview, nothing was changing until I removed the Dual iso module. After this, the camera was shutting down properly again.

I reloaded Dual ISO, that time everything was ok.

scriptmonkey

Overlays are gone again, despite disabled Raw/KillGlobalDraw and enabled Overlays/GlobalDraw. That's why I wanted to make sure before that I needed to disable KillGlobalDraw and not GlobalDraw, as in enable KillGlobalDraw ;) Maybe I am doing something wrong elsewhere. The other problem is that there is no battery level indicator (maybe because there are no overlays). LM docs say something about a Battery Level menu, but I cannot find it anywhere in Crop mood.

Walter Schulz

Walter Schulz

Thanks!
Using your settings I get histogram overlay visible.
But your overlays are completely gone, right?

scriptmonkey

Yes they are! My fault: I did not know that I needed to press INFO. Maybe I did press it before accidentally. Thanks Walter.

ThePotatoParadox

I'm trying to get my EOS M to record h264 proxies for an improved playback. Because it says it's not compatible with x5 zoom, I disabled x5 zoom in the LV config but doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Is there a way to get h264 proxies or is this feature still not possible on the EOS M.

To me, a proper playback is the last feature I would need to use the camera for professional work. My clients always want to see the playback.

Apxub

Hello everyone!
Who knows what is the actual sensor readout speed (number in milliseconds) for EOS M ?
I need this number to setup "rolling shutter correction" inside Gyroflow correctly.
Theese ms numbers are different for different fps & resolution settings?

names_are_hard

This depends on what mode you're shooting in.  E.g. higher res takes more time to read out.

I think one of the ML menus lists the read time per line, can't remember if that's a default or in a module.  Hopefully someone else remembers.  FPS override menu possibly?

essbe

essbe

Have you tested it out yet Apxub, and if so, did it work as intended?

doktorkrek

Hello, I would like to add a 4:3 preset to crop mood.
I have experience with writing C code. Please, could you point me where it would be the best to start with this codebase?

Walter Schulz

Join discord. Easier there for this kind of conversation.

names_are_hard

Quote from: doktorkrek on October 22, 2023, 07:19:11 PM
I have experience with writing C code. Please, could you point me where it would be the best to start with this codebase?

I think the repo Bilal used for this is here: https://github.com/bilalfakhouri/magiclantern_hg_02/commits/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd

Altering which recording resolutions are available is not trivial, and requires understanding of how the sensor is read.  You might want to read around forum threads on "FPS Timer", and also ADTG.

Alextazee

Hey guys,
I'm kinda new in the ML world, but picking up slowly... :)
Got a couple of questions, I still haven't figured out.
1. Is there a chance to save some personal settings as a preset,
2. Is there a fix for the focus peaking over HDMI? Mine works OK, on the camera's display, but when I connect an external monitor over HDMI, the focus peaking stops working, and shows as a glitchy horisontal stripe.

Oh, btw, I'm using 650D

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Alextazee on October 27, 2023, 06:15:44 PM
1. Is there a chance to save some personal settings as a preset,

https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/camera_help#config_files -> Config Presets

Quote from: Alextazee on October 27, 2023, 06:15:44 PM
2. Is there a fix for the focus peaking over HDMI? Mine works OK, on the camera's display, but when I connect an external monitor over HDMI, the focus peaking stops working, and shows as a glitchy horisontal stripe.

ATM ML focus peaking won't work via HDMI. You can try using Display tab/screen -> LV Digic Peaking
https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/camera_help#lv_digic_peaking
Some more sophisticated camera monitors (field monitors) come with focus peaking and more features. With a price tag ...

Teamsleepkid

Anything going on with rolling shutter? Any way on earth do decrease it and still get 24fps 3x1 anamorphic mode? Love the mode currently using the 4.2k 2:40 71% rolling shutter setting as it's the least. Like 29ms the other settings are like 35ms kinda high. Anyway thanks love the setting just wondering. I asked in mlv app forum post if it's possible to output prores raw. Just would love this tiny eos m with less rolling shutter and pro res raw. Could be the best little cinema camera to ever exist. Just dreaming out loud guys. Thanks for everything.
EOS M

mlrocks

[MOD intervention: Full quote edited. Long post, please follow link]
Quote from: gabriielangel on April 27, 2023, 01:38:54 AM
For those who didn't know, it is possible to record Uncompressed (As opposed to Lossless) with some presets.

so 10 bit lossless is not truly lossless?

Walter Schulz

Lossless compression is lossless compression. Of course you are loosing information by using a lower bit depth.

mlrocks

Quote from: Walter Schulz on November 13, 2023, 06:00:19 PM
Lossless compression is lossless compression. Of course you are loosing information by using a lower bit depth.

some user tested that 10 bit uncompressed raw had better shadow than 10 bit lossless.

"In order to test, I recorded the same scene at 3 degrees of brightness (F2, F4, F11).
As you can see in the screenshots, varying brightness with Lossless changes the Data Rate, but the latter remains constant when using Uncompressed.

Recording 10bit ettr and lowering exposure in post will yield a cleaner image than 14bit recorded severely underexposed.
Also, 10bit Uncompressed has cleaner shadows than 10bit Lossless (No red tint)

You can see the data rates at various resolutions in the screenshots.
This could be particularly interesting for those using 1080p 3x3."

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=26851.msg243544#msg243544

names_are_hard

Ah, that part.  Yes, they did say that, and if you read the following posts you will see people exploring it and get the answer to your question (10-bit lossless is lossless).

mlrocks

Quote from: names_are_hard on November 13, 2023, 10:39:59 PM
Ah, that part.  Yes, they did say that, and if you read the following posts you will see people exploring it and get the answer to your question (10-bit lossless is lossless).

thanks, good to know. only arri and ml raw are uncompressed. i really don't like there is any cloudy thought here about the lossless compression algorithm. it is one of the best selling points of ml raw. ml rocks.

ML700D

@bilal,
I've got an issue with magiclantern-crop_mood.2023Aug19.700D115_Shutter.zip build
when I record video without crop mood preset the sd overclock is off suddenly with safe mode warning

only 3 seconds with 2096 x 1180 from crop mood 1x1 sd hack 240hz with sandisk extreme pro
EOS 700D

mlrocks

Just installed the crop mood ver 20230809 on Rebel SL1 with firmware updated version 1.01. Aamazing work. Two thumbs up.

I can do continuously recording (green) in 5.2k 1x3 mode, ar 2.67, 10 bit, 14 bit lossless, 24p, sd card overclocking 240 mhz, small hack more, global draw off on, sandisk extreme pro 256 gb. I tested at iso 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600. At ISO 800 and 1600, the recording time is about 30 seconds when global draw off is off, continuous when global draw off on. At ISO 100-400, it is truly continuous even when global draw off is off.

Two issues:
1. when stop the recording, there is error message "audio cannot stop recording".
2. when play back, the screen is black, and I have to take battery off and restart the camera, then I can play back the latest clip, but no other function buttons showing up.