Magic Lantern for 5D Mark III - Alpha 3 (1.1.3)

Started by a1ex, September 07, 2012, 04:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Did you make the card bootable? And then putting on the ml files to the card? Did you do the nightly builds?

ilari

Quote from: Danne on July 02, 2013, 01:12:40 PM
Did you make the card bootable? And then putting on the ml files to the card? Did you do the nightly builds?

- How is the card made bootable? And why should it? Installation guide doesn't tell anything about that? I understood that Alpha 3 even can't be made boot from the card but must be uploaded everytime power is switched on?

- I formatted the card just as the installation guide tells. And then I copied the ML files I downloaded from the site (of course I first unzipped them)

- I don't do the nightly buildups. Just tryed the announced Alpha 3 for 5D mkIII.

Best Regards,
Ilari
]

Aisles

Hi! I have a couple of questions please..

1. Where can I download the latest build for 5D Mark III with the RAW functionality included from THIS WEBSITE?... I've managed to test it (works great with LEXAR 1000x) but by getting the links from tutorials around... and everything in this website seems to lead other way or maybe I'm not clever enough! :p...

2. Is a there a version (with RAW func) coming for the latest canon firmware soon? or should I downgrade to 1.1.3 if I intend to use ML this year at least?...

Thanks, I admire what you guys have done...

Sebastian V.

eyeland

Quote from: ilari on July 02, 2013, 11:14:45 PM
I understood that Alpha 3 even can't be made boot from the card but must be uploaded everytime power is switched on?
On my 5Dmk3 ML autoboots on power-on.
I am running the latest nightly (think its from the 28.6
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

EuAcelasi

Hi, guys...
Could somebody help me with the installation of alpha3 on markiii, please... I`ve already downloaded the alpha 3 zip file... but inside there`s no autexec.bin file... do I have to get it from another place...? or do I have to install something else first?

John

EuAcelasi,

Nothing else to install... Best bet is to install ML on the SD card ( both the ml-5D3-113.fir file and ML folder ) and record images/video on the Compact Flash card. Alpha 3 needs to be installed via the firmware every time you turn the camera on as it can't be installed permanently until more testing is done.

EuAcelasi

There is no raw recording on alpha 3, is it right? Have somebody tested the Transcend 128gb x1000 cards? are they stable... or have same problems as Komputerbay CFs?
Thanks

EuAcelasi

I installed the ML for mark iii with the raw recording.... but there is no way to change the recording bitrate like on mrk ii ML, is that right?
This is my first experience with the ML... and it is a great one... Thanks

vstrglv

I have failed to update autoexec.bin today with error.
[spoiler]make -C /home/vstrglv/magic-lantern/platform/5D3.113
[ CC       ]   memcheck.o
../../src/memcheck.c: In function 'memcheck_add':
../../src/memcheck.c:99:46: warning: assignment discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
../../src/memcheck.c: In function 'memcheck_malloc':
../../src/memcheck.c:150:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
../../src/memcheck.c:160:5: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
../../src/memcheck.c: At top level:
../../src/memcheck.c:163:6: error: conflicting types for 'memcheck_free'
In file included from ../../src/dryos.h:644:0,
                 from ../../src/tasks.h:27,
                 from ../../src/memcheck.c:3:
../../src/memcheck.h:7:14: note: previous declaration of 'memcheck_free' was here
../../src/memcheck.c: In function 'memcheck_free':
../../src/memcheck.c:194:22: warning: pointer targets in initialization differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
../../src/memcheck.c:208:9: warning: passing argument 1 of 'memcheck_free' makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
../../src/memcheck.c:163:6: note: expected 'void *' but argument is of type 'unsigned int'
../../src/memcheck.c:212:9: warning: passing argument 1 of 'memcheck_free' makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
../../src/memcheck.c:163:6: note: expected 'void *' but argument is of type 'unsigned int'
../../src/memcheck.c: In function 'memcheck_main':
../../src/memcheck.c:232:25: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast [enabled by default]
../../Makefile.filerules:23: recipe for target `memcheck.o' failed
make: *** [memcheck.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/vstrglv/magic-lantern/platform/5D3.113'
[/spoiler]
Last success for update I had on 18.06.2013
Win7, Cygwin, gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_7-2012q4
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

a1ex

No need to use memcheck, it's only for developers.

vstrglv

I use commands:
cd magic-lantern
make clean
hg pull
hg update
make -C /home/vstrglv/magic-lantern/platform/5D3.113
But how off memcheck?
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

Barrfly

I was wondering if anyone has compiled a version of ML with the new features that those of us who are not adept at coding can use . I consider myself pretty good with a camera but when it comes to programing I'll openly admit I have neither the skill or confidence to attempt putting the pieces together to make a working version .

Reading about the modules and reading the updates in the Change Log section is pretty exciting though at the same time not having the means to implement them to my camera leaves myself ( and I'd bet quite a few others in the same boat) feeling a little left out .  I'm hoping an official more simplified release in the form of another alpha or even a beta version will come from the Magic Lantern team sometime soon.

I guess to put it in a nutshell I'm humbly requesting ya toss a bone to us non-codeing nitwits so we can feel like part of the gang .

And thanks for any consideration this post may get.

Stedda

It's been available as an almost daily update in the Raw Video sub forum in a sticky topic.

It doesn't get any easier and has been going on for months now.... thanks to lourenco on the 5D III
It's also been posted in topics over and over again.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6362.0
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

Barrfly

Thanks for the link and quick reply.
  I hadn't checked the threads related to video as I'm more interested in photography features then the cinematic ones.

Stedda

The build listed in that thread has all the new features...

ETTR, Dual ISO, RAW Video, not sure if the Bolt Recorder is working right now though.... it's what you're looking for.
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

msowsun

I had the nightly builds on my 5D Mk II but only have the basic ML 2.3 Alpha 3 on my 5D Mk III.

Is DotTune AFMA possible on the 5D Mk III? 
SL1 100D.100B

Stedda

JohnN

Am I right in thinking that development has now switched to the Raw Video Build?

Canon eos m

Hi there, need help to find out how to shoot crop RAW video (2X, 3X) on my 5DM3.

Does this camera support in camera review after shooting in silent picture mode? Does silent picture mode support dual_iso?
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

DesterWallaboo

Anyone know if ML for 5D3 will work with Canon 1.2.1 firmware? Tried to find the answer in the threads without luck.

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: DesterWallaboo on August 12, 2013, 09:22:02 PM
Anyone know if ML for 5D3 will work with Canon 1.2.1 firmware? Tried to find the answer in the threads without luck.

Hint: click on the search button of the forum (third from the top) type "Canon 1.2.1 firmware".
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

fateevt

Hello guys!
I am sorry, but how record RAW + audio?

EuAcelasi

same question: is it possible to record audio together with raw on 5d markiii?

EuAcelasi

Will it record audio in the final version...? Does ML 2.3 record audio on 5d markii?