Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a.sintes

THERE IS a realtime liveview during anamorphic/crop mode (some people are actually using it via HDMI to deal with focus while recording), just not the one you're expecting as it's the Canon-native 1080p hardware one when you'd prefer a replication of the ML software based framed preview (yes, the grayscaled half-resolution, doing its best fps-wise) which is actually displayed as a replacement of the hardware one, dealing properly with crop modes and anamorphic features by design.

There's currently no such thing for the 5D3 as in Bilal's crop mood for EOS-M that tweaks directly the hardware liveview, solving then both LV and HDMI displays at the same time (which will be the best solution, let's continue to hope Bilal will unlock it one day).

I tried to overwrite the current HDMI output with the framed-preview buffer but I currently get synchronisation issues and/or crashes so I give up, maybe I'll try again later.
Anyway I will prefer to solve this better than rely on an USB stream.
It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does?

kizza1234

Apologies all for the misunderstandings, I'll have a look at the information :)

kizza1234

Quote from: a.sintes on April 15, 2024, 12:22:24 PMTHERE IS a realtime liveview during anamorphic/crop mode (some people are actually using it via HDMI to deal with focus while recording), just not the one you're expecting as it's the Canon-native 1080p hardware one when you'd prefer a replication of the ML software based framed preview (yes, the grayscaled half-resolution, doing its best fps-wise) which is actually displayed as a replacement of the hardware one, dealing properly with crop modes and anamorphic features by design.

There's currently no such thing for the 5D3 as in Bilal's crop mood for EOS-M that tweaks directly the hardware liveview, solving then both LV and HDMI displays at the same time (which will be the best solution, let's continue to hope Bilal will unlock it one day).

I tried to overwrite the current HDMI output with the framed-preview buffer but I currently get synchronisation issues and/or crashes so I give up, maybe I'll try again later.
Anyway I will prefer to solve this better than rely on an USB stream.

I tried your new builds running ultra-fast code for the live view, much credit to you sir! Definatly a massive step forward and actually makes it usable :)

Does anyone know why 12bit lossless recording doesnt seem to be possible in increased resolution modes? Would be helpful to allow continous recording is 2.39:1 on CF only. The current 1808x2268 14bit lossless is so close to be continous on CF only when im using Dual ISO. Can currently get a few minutes. Using Lexar 128GB 1066x cards.

Also on another note, USB liveview works (Albeit the bottom 1/3 of the image missing), but it slows down the camera too much, as soon as you start recording it fails. Id say USB liveview while recording is not an option.

a.sintes

12bit lossless is working very well, but the menus are confusing: you need to keep 14bits lossless settings in the RAW video menu and use the "bitdepth" option in the main video menu (OFF means "14bits", then you can select 12, 10, 8bits).

kytai90

Hi a.sinstes.
Tks for your build. I've sucessfully install it.
Now I have grey quarter resolution but it just work at preview before recording , whenever i hit the record button, the screen will strecth after half of seconds.

Can you guide me how to settings it correctly, i watched your youtube video and set the same at every menu i catch in that video. But it seem i missed something

a.sintes

Be careful with the video, the menus doesn't correspond to the latest build version available that you can find here.

The proper description of the preview menus being documented in the original updated post of this forum thread.

You can select independent preview options during idle and recording, then check:
- set "crop rec preview" to "OFF" (not "auto mode")
- set "Preview" to "Framing" or "Frozen LV" (not "auto" nor "real-time")
- ensures "Kill global draw" is "OFF"

kytai90

After follow your guide, it is the "kill global drawn", now its worked as it should be, also i turn on focus peak which work well and with quarter solution and greyscale.