Author Topic: Bilal's crop_rec_4k experiments for 650D / T4i  (Read 1883 times)

ArcziPL

• Contributor
Re: Bilal's crop_rec_4k experiments for 650D / T4i
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2021, 09:55:12 PM »
My 700D was "different" but same as Bilal's. I never managed to make it "normal", even via restoring camera defaults.

My 70D switches between being "different" and "normal". I have noted down the relative difference of the offset.
M50.110 [main cam] | G7X III [pocket cam] | 70D.112 [gathers dust] | M.202 [gathers dust] | waiting for M5II

Icaab

• New to the forum
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2021, 09:19:46 PM »
Hello, everybody. I’m worried about the following things in this firmware:

In Crop-Mode 2 mode, my screen is compressed and it is difficult to display the composition.
When I connect to a device via hdmi, I get an image of poor quality and an incorrect number of frames.
Besides if I connect the device to the camera via hdmi and include mode 4.3k in Crop-mode 1 - I have the hanged image on the connected device.

Can it all be fixed now or expected in the future? Maybe the ADTG module can help, but I haven’t found an up-to-date version of it.

theBilalFakhouri

• Developer
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2021, 10:06:14 PM »
Hello, everybody. I’m worried about the following things in this firmware:

In Crop-Mode 2 mode, my screen is compressed and it is difficult to display the composition.

Hello Icaab,

Crop mode V2 doesn't have any preview fixes, you need to use ML Preview a.k.a "ML Framing" when using this module.

When I connect to a device via hdmi, I get an image of poor quality and an incorrect number of frames.

HDMI output isn't recommended when using crop mode modules like crop_rec and crop_new, what do you mean by incorrect number of frames?

Poor quality image? HDMI output already have poor image quality, could share a picture showing what you outputting on the HDMI device.

Besides if I connect the device to the camera via hdmi and include mode 4.3k in Crop-mode 1 - I have the hanged image on the connected device.

Again, attaching HDMI device isn't recommended with crop mode modules, these modules works better on LCD screen, for the hanged image when using HDMI device you need to do these to make it work:

1- Make sure the output is 1080i, other outputs won't work resulting in frozen preview.
2- You need to use Full Canon preview (toggle with Info button).

If it still doesn't work, report back, show me your camera settings, output signal, Canon preview.

Can it all be fixed now or expected in the future? Maybe the ADTG module can help, but I haven’t found an up-to-date version of it.

HDMI output is low priority for developers, most users don't use it too because of bottleneck, corrupted frames and some bugs (even with official ML builds), but enhancing real-time preview in general I guess it would get some attention in future for some developers, currently I am not active regarding developments. ML currently doesn't follow a schedule, so nothing can happen now.

ADTG module won't work with crop mode modules at the same time when both are activated, preview registers are many, it's hard to tweak them one by one and without having pre-calculated values.
700D 1.1.5 | no more ISOless LV err 8 / SDR104 @ 240 MHz - Constant! | Fixed Scrambled LiveView in Higher resolution | Real-Time correct framing in the Way

Icaab

• New to the forum
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2021, 05:01:15 PM »
Thank you. Can we talk more about ML Framing?

theBilalFakhouri

• Developer
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2021, 05:42:38 PM »
Can we talk more about ML Framing?

Movie tab --> highlight "RAW video" (make sure mlv_lite is enabled) --> press Q button --> Preview --> Framing
700D 1.1.5 | no more ISOless LV err 8 / SDR104 @ 240 MHz - Constant! | Fixed Scrambled LiveView in Higher resolution | Real-Time correct framing in the Way

Icaab

• New to the forum
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2021, 11:24:04 PM »
Yes, I forgot, I tried this module, but then I get bad quality and not real-time. Is there any way to fix it?

Icaab

• New to the forum
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2021, 12:10:39 AM »
Movie tab --> highlight "RAW video" (make sure mlv_lite is enabled) --> press Q button --> Preview --> Framing
And then there’s this:
Is it possible to shooting from 30 FPS in Crop Mode, without greatly reducing the resolution? (I wanted to do it in Crop Mode 1, but there is only 24 or 25 available)

theBilalFakhouri

• Developer
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2021, 03:11:19 AM »
And then there’s this:
Is it possible to shooting from 30 FPS in Crop Mode, without greatly reducing the resolution? (I wanted to do it in Crop Mode 1, but there is only 24 or 25 available)

Technically, it might be possible to get 30 FPS in all 1x3 presets in Crop mode v1 (crop_rec) also in 1920x1280p 1:1, but didn't try to do it, because these presets won't have continuous recording @ 30 FPS. But might add it in future, because . . why not.

theBilalFakhouri

• Developer
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2021, 10:05:26 PM »
Hey all.

I cannot seem to get focus peaking to work with an external HDMI.
The resolution captured by my capture card is 1080p.
It keeps drawing in the middle only. See below.

Hi!

I had the same behaviour when using focus peaking with HDMI output, this problem not related to my build exclusively, and it might be fixable, but needs some debugging. Sorry I don't use HDMI and focus peaking much . .

Icaab

• New to the forum
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2021, 02:28:47 PM »
Technically, it might be possible to get 30 FPS in all 1x3 presets in Crop mode v1 (crop_rec) also in 1920x1280p 1:1, but didn't try to do it, because these presets won't have continuous recording @ 30 FPS. But might add it in future, because . . why not.

Could it make sense to use the sd_uhs module to activate a continuous record at 30 fps?

theBilalFakhouri

• Developer
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2021, 09:03:36 PM »
Increasing FPS would decrease write speed performance in LiveView, SD Overclock and 10-bit lossless would help, but it's unlikely to have continuous recording.

E.g:

4.3K 1x3: 1440x1836 @ 30 FPS in 10-bit lossless --> ~66 MB/s
UHD 1x3:  1280x2160 @ 30 FPS in 10-bit lossless --> ~69 MB/s

In normal 1080p @ 24 FPS 3x3 I can get maximum write speed of ~68 MB/s, @ 30 FPS it drops to ~64 MB/s and both have been tested with the 240MHz overclock, anyway let's wait for the real results when 30 FPS get implemented.

Icaab

• New to the forum
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2021, 06:06:17 PM »
Okey.Thank you :)

theBilalFakhouri

• Developer
« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 10:37:43 AM »
Okay @Icaab I have made some tests:

30 FPS with real-time correct preview presets won't be possible, the sensor is capable but there is an overflow or something like that resulting in corrupted frames.

For example, Some months ago I made a preset 1736x868 (2:1 AR) @ 50 FPS in 3x3 with real-time correct preview, but when attempting to record (or when transferring the data from the buffer to the SD card) the LiveView becomes choppy, and the frames get corrupted, and this because of the real-time preview, a lot of data is being processed in LiveView --> more memory is used --> I think some memory overlapping is happening .. or maybe it's simply a bottleneck

We need to make further research regarding LiveView and Buffer (memory). The help of Lead developers are needed, they are not active currently . .