Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Already anwered. 1290 is max resolution if not accepting cropped recording. Sell your lens and use anamorphic preset instead imo.
And, recommended to test out those presets and really learn them one by one since it will eventually help you realize what works and not atm.

motionSOUL

I have well understood what you've said, what I don't know is how to access more vertical resolution in crop mode without using an anamorphic preset.
I can shoot 1920x2332 24p in anamorphic, but I would like to shoot this resolution with 24p but without the deformation. Is it possible? What preset do I need to use?

Thanks,

S/.

Danne

None of them will actually. Only anamorphic will work with standard frame rates.

2blackbar

Anamorphic mode is not for anamorphic lenses.
What could help is crop mode, if there would be decent 4:3 preset then you could iuse some 2/3'' sensor lenses with your anamorphic lens x2 to get similar FOV to what you have now and maximum resolution .
crop modes are optimized for 16:9 and cinemascope ratios, You can trim sides from 16:9 but its not real maximum 4:3, its just not many people need it
In theory 2200x1790 could be possible if you would take sides from 2.8k and applty them to top and bottom resolution while reducting left and right, Not sure if that would help but it might be the highest 4:3 resolution this camera could handle at the moment and this also could help us get nice 16mm film emulation preset in 4:3.
--
Ah You have 5D3... i thought it was M.

wib

I think that's a very good answer to help him.
EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

gravitatemediagroup

anybody have a copy of the build from BEFORE Oct. 17th?

wib

15 august and 13 sept. both for 1.1.3

https://we.tl/t-Mc6onjR8Zu

but the recent one is more stable you know, less bugs.

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: wib on November 15, 2020, 09:41:34 PM
15 august and 13 sept. both for 1.1.3

https://we.tl/t-Mc6onjR8Zu

but the recent one is more stable you know, less bugs.

I agree, I just wanted to test out a few things, the latest build has gave me some weird issues that's I've never encountered before, lot of battery pulls, but I'm not sure if it's the build, something in the settings being off, or the camera dying on me lol

thank you for the links :)

Danne

You could also desctibe your issues here. What preset used causing those issues and even upload your SETTINGS folder for us to reproduce.

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: Danne on November 16, 2020, 05:14:19 AM
You could also desctibe your issues here. What preset used causing those issues and even upload your SETTINGS folder for us to reproduce.

I didn't want to bother you because I know you're a busy guy and I thought you was taking a break from the 5d3 stuff.  If I can recreate it I will try to take a picture of it.  It's been a few different things all in the newer 5k anamorphic mode, like full on pink distorted frozen screen, another issue a error pops up on the screen that looks more like from the canon side of things, and other occasions of a hard freeze within a few frames. fps override is off on all issues, but I will try to recreate them, I was just worried that the canon error may have been super bad. lol

Bender@arsch

@Danne

Can you Re-center again in the new 3.5K 5x zoom crop Preset? It's a little bit to bottom mid.

Thx

Danne

Been a while. Maybe could take tonight.

wib

and if you could add 8K RAW + 5G WIRELESS  would be great thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

(just kidding  ;D !)

omihovilic

Hi guys,

thank you for your amazing work trough all these years.

I'm using latest Danne's crop_rec_4k & ISO experiments with 5D mark iii.

With 3.5K 1:1 centered x5 preset I get constant "compression error -3" and "stdev too large" errors after about half a minute of shooting resulting in corrupt frames in MLV app. But the recording continues with green status. I'm using SANDISK Extreme Pro CF and SD cards with overclocking. It happens with any of the possible resolutions.

Preset 3.3K works fine but I can't get it to record 25FPS. If I try FPS overide to 25FPS camera crashes.

Any clues for me?

Thank you!

I tried 1.1.3 and 1.2.3 firmwares.

Danne

Bender@arsch

Quote from: Danne on November 24, 2020, 07:26:45 PM
New builds:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23041.msg216899#msg216899

- Centered 3.5k preset.
Needs some testing...

OK, 3.5K is now a little little bit too top mid and 3.3K the same, but bottom.

Danne

Well, better at least. Don´t think I can get it closer to center.
Who said anything about 3.3k?

Bender@arsch

Quote from: Danne on November 24, 2020, 08:52:45 PM
Well, better at least. Don´t think I can get it closer to center.
Who said anything about 3.3k?
Only I, just for testing and comparing. And yes, it's much better at least.
Thx.

Danne

Thanks for testing.

New builds again:

Centered both 3.5k and 3.3k a little better I think. Please test.

Bender@arsch

Quote from: Danne on November 24, 2020, 09:21:47 PM
Thanks for testing.

New builds again:

Centered both 3.5k and 3.3k a little better I think. Please test.

I'm not sure, but I see no difference in 3.5K. 3.3K is nearly perfect, but I get some crazy vertical lines/ stripes in all previews.

Danne

Hm, I´ll have a look. Does it affect recorded file too?
EDIT:I don´t think what you are referring too regarding stripes is related to recent changes. This has been there for long. As long as recordings are fine all is working as before and expected.

Bender@arsch

Danne

Yes, it´s because of modifying width to be able and preview cropped and in realtime. Still good.

omihovilic

After a week of searching the forum a can't find an answer, so I hope somebody helps me out with advice.

Using 3.3K preset (fresh install, all default settings) works great in 23.980 FPS but when I try FPS override to 25 FPS camera freezes. Battery pull required.

Any ideas? Thanks

viotech

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the HDMI monitor connection with the latest build Nov 26, 2020. Using a DJI Ronin RS2 Pro gimbal with camera control cable and Raveneye for wireless HDMI monitor.

1. If I just connect camera control cable ML will freeze when pressing record button on gimbal. But, if I use the start/stop button on the camera it records fine and can use anamorphic modes without issue.
2. If I add HDMI cable for external monitor (Raveneye with RS2 Pro), I can monitor the output from the camera live!
3. (This is the main issue) If I add HDMI cable for external monitor in #2 and press the start/stop to begin recording the camera freezes and needs a battery drop.

Attempting with:
1. Anamorphic
2. 16:9
3. 12 or 14 Bit
4. card spanning: on (256GB Extreme Pro CF and SD cards), ML on CF.

Is there a certain settings combo to get HDMI to work with anamorphic modes? The issue appears to be with ML and not the RS2 as the feed works fine while not recording and when recording begins the 5DMIII chokes.

Much Appreciated!