600D Audio TEST release - 2.3 based

Started by scrax, August 13, 2012, 10:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

Isn't vol input volume and out monitor volume?

Rush

Quote from: scrax on November 22, 2012, 07:45:38 PM
out + next Out line
out - previous Out line
correct:
out+/-  =  increase/decrease output volume for headphone monitoring
Greetings from Russia!

Mister Paul

in +
  in -
would be better name than
  vol +
  vol -
which are confusing

and would also make relation with
  out +
  out -

scrax

Quote from: Mister Paul on December 08, 2012, 07:01:32 PM
  in +
  in -
would be better name than
  vol +
  vol -
which are confusing

and would also make relation with
  out +
  out -

I've changed them to:
Rec Vol+
Rec Vol-
Out Vol+
Out Vol-
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

loicremy

Hi, at first, thousands  thanks for this great work : simply wonderfull !

Then, 2 questions :

- @scrax : I just downloaded from http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/nightly/ the current nightly version (12/27/2012) and  I can read Vol+,Vol-,Out+ and Out -. How can I do to get Rec+ and Rec -  messages ?

- I would like to know if I could help development (I'm use to develop and I worked, few years ago, in C++) with a Windows compliant compiler ?

Thank you again

Loïc

scrax

Quote from: loicremy on December 27, 2012, 06:17:37 PM
- @scrax : I just downloaded from http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/nightly/ the current nightly version (12/27/2012) and  I can read Vol+,Vol-,Out+ and Out -. How can I do to get Rec+ and Rec -  messages ?

- I would like to know if I could help development (I'm use to develop and I worked, few years ago, in C++) with a Windows compliant compiler ?

Hi, you have to wait unti the pull request being pushed in the source or you can compile from my fork: https://bitbucket.org/600Dplus/magic-lantern-for-600d

to compile ML start from here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=991.0
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

RyanRakowski

What else are we waiting on? All seems and works good.

micklesh

Quote from: RyanRakowski on January 17, 2013, 07:38:58 AM
What else are we waiting on? All seems and works good.

well, there are other cameras
and yes, there can't be too much testing
;)

scrax

Quote from: scrax on December 08, 2012, 11:09:06 PM
I've changed them to:
Rec Vol+
Rec Vol-
Out Vol+
Out Vol-

About that, since there was problems about the length it's now like this in the nightly:

Rec+
Rec-
Out+
Out-

abou adam

Hi

thanks for your work

I have a 600d and I would like to dowlnoad audio test version 0.11 but the link seems dead

Someone can send me it?

Tounsi

Rush

Quote from: abou adam on January 30, 2013, 06:21:45 PMI have a 600d and I would like to dowlnoad audio test version 0.11 but the link seems dead
You can download latest version here:
http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/nightly/
Greetings from Russia!

abou adam

thanks for your quick response rush
very nice of you

i have not read the previous one post
but the parameter balanced is not provided?

abou adam

Rush

Quote from: abou adam on January 30, 2013, 08:30:22 PM
but the parameter balanced is not provided?
As far as I know, balanced option is not available because audio chip in 600D don't support it.
Greetings from Russia!

Ottoga

A question on the nightly builds.

Can they be applied to the 7D alpha and if so how?

EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

Rush

Quote from: Ottoga on February 11, 2013, 02:20:34 PM
A question on the nightly builds.
Can they be applied to the 7D alpha and if so how?
You should ask it in this topic, not here:
Topic: Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2
I think that you can't apply it...
Greetings from Russia!

lainol

Hi there, what about a setting to change:

L int - R ext
to
L ext - R int?

MD87

Good afternoon.  I have a problem.  At connection of the Canon AVC-DC400ST cable the display is switched off, the sound in earphones thus too isn't present.  the headphone mon parameter is included in the menu.  somebody uses sound monitoring through USB on 600D?
sorry for my bad English.

PS: version of ML 2.3 NEXT of March 14.
600D+ TL. CANON 50 F1.8 II; TAMRON  17-50 F2.8 VC; CANON 18-135; MIR-1B 37 F2.8; JUPITER-37A 135 F3.5.

Rush

Quote from: MD87 on March 16, 2013, 09:21:43 PM
Check that both Audio Override and Headphone monitoring is enabled.
Greetings from Russia!

a1ex

Actually, the user interface should reflect that somehow.

So... either we should gray out the menus that depend on audio overrides, or just override the audio always. On the other cameras, audio overrides are always enabled (but that's a technical limitation).

I don't know if the 600D audio implementation is robust enough so it can stay always enabled. That's something you - the testers - should tell. If it is, I'd prefer to implement it because of reduced UI complexity.

scrax

Quote from: a1ex on March 16, 2013, 10:52:58 PM
Actually, the user interface should reflect that somehow.

So... either we should gray out the menus that depend on audio overrides, or just override the audio always. On the other cameras, audio overrides are always enabled (but that's a technical limitation).

I don't know if the 600D audio implementation is robust enough so it can stay always enabled. That's something you - the testers - should tell. If it is, I'd prefer to implement it because of reduced UI complexity.

Audio override should be enabled only when needed IMHO, maybe in background without a menu item but having audio override always on will keep the audio chip on even when not needed.
But this will make impossible to keep audio chip off in movie mode like we can do now with canon audio off and override off in ML.

I keep it usually off for photo for example, I made also some change in my pull request to enable it just when audio remote shoot is active but my changes gives problem compiling 60D so I've removed it for now.

Actually I'm using it more like: "Enable Audio" instead of "Audio Override" since in canon menu audio is off.

a1ex

Right, the powersaving for the audio chip is not implemented in the other cameras either (the chip is always on).

But... this enhancement is 600D-specific, which means that if we go on this route, I won't be able to iron out all those UI quirks.

1%

I just leave canon audio off and record wavs and then use override to enable/disable audio. Maybe have it also work like expo override auto.

Kromofone

So, just wondering, in percent, how many % would you say the audio functions are stable for the 600d?

Rush

Quote from: Kromofone on April 23, 2013, 07:33:02 PM
So, just wondering, in percent, how many % would you say the audio functions are stable for the 600d?
you mean crash-free functions? all of them are crash-free from first versions
Greetings from Russia!