Switch for macOS Catalina/Linux (former cr2hdr.app)

Started by Danne, May 05, 2015, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeafEyeJedi

Booyah... This is all feeling like 2014 again. Love this @Danne even tho it may very well be a bit Catastrophy but hey it works!

Even better to be able to play with Dual-ISO photos within MLV_App is actually godsend. Just seems a bit slow tho. :)

Here I was able to somewhat duplicate the look of Ektar 100 LUT's with an old photo taken in ISO 100/1600 below...

Though I was under the impression that it would be ideal to have this done w Cineon Profile but I couldn't get it to look right.

Used Reinhard 3/5 & Alexa Wide Gamut RGB as Tonemapping Function/Processing Gamut options instead.

Applied the ML Cinelog-C to Ektar 100 TWISTED LUT on top w opacity set @ 80% or so within MLV_App.

The prompt messages while running Switch especially the final beep is indeed remarkable!  :-*

https://vimeo.com/369062404

Tiff sample:
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

ilia3101

just realised I need to add date and time to raw2mlv output!

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Ilia3101 on October 27, 2019, 02:05:21 AM
just realised I need to add date and time to raw2mlv output!

Yep. Thanks @Ilia3101! :)

Possible to also also the exif data as well?

Macke1

It works! thanks all! when I export the picture it will end up .mov, what shall it be .gif or? how to change that?

Danne

Quote from: Macke1 on October 27, 2019, 12:32:05 PM
It works! thanks all! when I export the picture it will end up .mov, what shall it be .gif or? how to change that?
What are you doing? Mlv App exports to many formats, why choose mov?
When you plan your answer make sure to include a screen recording of what´s going on.

Macke1

ilia3101

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 27, 2019, 02:13:45 AM
Yep. Thanks @Ilia3101! :)

Possible to also also the exif data as well?

I already add info about camera, so some exif/metadata is there. But I will add lens info and time/date now.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Ilia3101 on October 27, 2019, 01:54:53 PM
I already add info about camera, so some exif/metadata is there. But I will add lens info and time/date now.

Gotcha. Good to know. Just thought it wasn't included because MLV_App wasn't showing any info after it's been processed through raw2mlv via Switch. Hmm?

Hence the video of screen recording I posted above.

ilia3101

Ah yes I see the video. Not much metadata is being added yet. Just enough for MLV App to know what camera it is :D

Danne

Cool that it works fully anyway. Outputting to dng would be nice seems deafeye tried but corrupted.
Also uploaded a new Switch version just now. Handles drag/drop better now.

DeafEyeJedi

Been enjoying the luxury of Dual-ISO CR2's being spat out via Switch w raw2mlv to view them files within MLV_App, however, as previously stated that if we export as DNG it's corrupted — any hints what could be the cause of this?

DeafEyeJedi

Good and bad news!  :o

The bad is the fact that I am still unable to export Dual-ISO photos when running on Catalina... Here's the error code output via Switch:

Last login: Thu Nov  7 18:03:18 on ttys000
/Users/appleuser/Desktop/Switch.app/Contents/progress_bar.command ; exit;
DeafEyeJedi@Apples-Macintosh-10 ~ % /Users/appleuser/Desktop/Switch.app/Contents/progress_bar.command ; exit;
cat: /tmp/DUALISO/FFmpeg_ALL: No such file or directory
grep: /tmp/DUALISO/prores_TRAP: No such file or directory
grep: /tmp/DUALISO/samples: No such file or directory
grep: /tmp/DUALISO/CR2LIST: No such file or directory
grep: /tmp/DUALISO/LISTaa: No such file or directory
ls: /tmp/DUALISO/HDR_MOV: No such file or directory
ls: /tmp/DUALISO/HDR_CR2: No such file or directory
/Users/appleuser/Desktop/Switch.app/Contents/progress_bar.command: line 1237: syntax error near unexpected token `>'
/Users/appleuser/Desktop/Switch.app/Contents/progress_bar.command: line 1237: `exec &> >(tee -a "$(cat /tmp/DUALISO/path_1)"/LOG.txt >&2 )'

[Process completed]

The good is that I've scored a decent mint condition 13" MBP (mid-2010) from OfferUp.com. It came with El Captain pre-installed. :P

Upgraded to High Sierra (later I will do this trick to get MoJave) and can already confirm to be spitting out Dual-ISO photos like normal via Switch.

Now I've dedicated this very vanilla 13" MBP to be only for compiling purpose. This old beast can sing it's praise while humming nicely!

I can't fathom mixing in with my personal stuff on a MBP together with compiling environments (don't ask why ;)) and now I should be golden going forward.

Happy Compiling!  ;D

Danne

I uploaded a new version again. As you can see the tee command is breaking again. I guess you didn´t do this as suggested before?
chsh -s /bin/sh
Anyway. I took out the breaking command and uploaded a new version. Maybe works again.

Or are you trying to run cr2hdr? Only thing working with CR2 files atm is dragging them onto Switch and converting them to MLV files. Also explained before.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on November 08, 2019, 06:00:35 AM
I uploaded a new version again. As you can see the tee command is breaking again. I guess you didn´t do this as suggested before?
chsh -s /bin/sh

Whoops. Figured I was missing something. :/

Quote from: Danne on November 08, 2019, 06:00:35 AM
Or are you trying to run cr2hdr? Only thing working with CR2 files atm is dragging them onto Switch and converting them to MLV files. Also explained before.

Simply trying to run cr2hdr alone via Switch is what I'm aiming for. I just want to fast process Dual-ISO CR2's into DNG's (lossless) and be able to play with them in Adobe.

I find this workflow most efficient and while I still don't mind dragging into Switch for raw2mlv to use w MLV_App but doing Dual-ISO photo work is dreadfully slow.

Colors are beautiful and shouldn't be justifiable though.

To be able to go either way would be feasible. Jm2c.

Thanks for the quick update. I'll give it a try on Catalina.

Danne

Unless you update cr2hdr to work with 64bit architecture this won't work. Drag drop to mlv only atm.

Danne

By the way. After converting a CR2 to MLV file in Mlv App to dng it opens just fine in adobe camera raw:

Also:
"One feature not in Switch yet is that raw2mlv will cat and output multiple files into one big mlv file if chained up in command line. In practice this means we can collect all dualiso CR2 files into one big mlv, import it into Mlv App and then export every dualiso file indivually into dng files. Works, just tested."
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=20025.msg222180#msg222180

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on November 08, 2019, 06:49:13 AM
Unless you update cr2hdr to work with 64bit architecture this won't work. Drag drop to mlv only atm.

Updated Switch. Here's a screen record while running on Catalina. Seems broken in both ways?

Guess opening Switch alone seems to show menu like normal and process but then it spits out 0 Bytes size files.

Also same if I were to drag and drop MLV to utilize raw2mlv then it shows 0 Bytes file size as well. What gives?

Gonna try take two on the 13" MBP (running MoJave) and will report my findings then. Thanks again @Danne!

Quote from: Danne on November 08, 2019, 07:13:12 AM
By the way. After converting a CR2 to MLV file in Mlv App to dng it opens just fine in adobe camera raw:

Wow. Did I read that, right? You took DNG files spat out from MLV_App (which settings did you use under export within MLV_App)?

Quote from: Danne on November 08, 2019, 07:13:12 AM
Also:
"One feature not in Switch yet is that raw2mlv will cat and output multiple files into one big mlv file if chained up in command line. In practice this means we can collect all dualiso CR2 files into one big mlv, import it into Mlv App and then export every dualiso file indivually into dng files. Works, just tested."
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=20025.msg222180#msg222180

I would love this feature when it becomes avail. Sounds very exciting to be able to do this method. Definitely bad ass!  8)

Danne

You keep testing things I just pointed out is not going to work. Only drag and drop, hopefully you get it this time.
Also if files are acting strange, what to test first? Maybe skipping odd names on folders? Or what did you test when you noticed they came out 0 bytes?
Well, thanks for feedback anyway.

Quentin

Any chance to see a Windows version.
Would be awesome to process Time Lapse Photo sequences processed, as a series of stills.

Danne

Sorry, mac only atm. About to push a first version of a dedicated tool for mac users. Hopefully some windows coder manage to at least compile the raw2mlv binary.

DeafEyeJedi

Hi. Sorry to be a booger but I just decided to try running CR2's (drag n drop) on Mac Mini running MoJave (10.14.6) and is now spitting out 0 bytes for the MLV files after being converted from CR2's (Both non and Dual-ISO's) and I've also tried re-installing Switch from OP just to be sure I'm running the latest.

*EDIT*

Again, I had to re-phase to your infamous slogan... I can't have any spaces within the Folder's name. Any way to fix this?  ;D

I tend to have spaces in between words for certain photo projects. If not, no boggie. I'll just use ' _ ' instead when needed.

At least it works. Ha. Thank you always, @Danne!

iheartbmx

Switch (nor any other apps) are converting my dual-iso CR2's, its putting them into the not_dualiso folder. (Catalina 10.15.1) Has anyone experienced this?

Danne

cr2hdr is 32bit only. Catalina is 64bit only. YOu can transcode CR2 files into MLV files with raw2mlv and then process these in Mlv App. Maybe even mlv_dump will chew them and spit out dng files for all I know.

iheartbmx

Quote from: Danne on December 13, 2019, 09:21:17 PM
cr2hdr is 32bit only. Catalina is 64bit only. YOu can transcode CR2 files into MLV files with raw2mlv and then process these in Mlv App. Maybe even mlv_dump will chew them and spit out dng files for all I know.
Cheers!

Danne

New Switch version uploaded in first post

Updated cr2hdr to work with Catalina 64bit system only:
Commit
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern_jip-hop/commits/91e06676ce736908b6cca7912329e65189a1f204

Thanks to @names_are_hard who took the time to find the erratic line.
Needs testing through, did not have time to do more than drag drop cr2 onto Switch.

dependencies
brew install dcraw
brew insatll exiftool