Author Topic: MLV App 1.11 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]  (Read 391923 times)

masc

• Contributor
In the ML menus, the black level is always set to "0" even if I change the bit depth. Is it still setting the correct value in the metadata then?
Sry, no idea what your talking about. Where do you see or set the black level in ML menu? "0" will never be correct (with a Canon cam) and will lead to pink shadows.
5D2.212 | EOSM.202

Milk and Coffee

• New to the forum
Sry, no idea what your talking about. Where do you see or set the black level in ML menu? "0" will never be correct (with a Canon cam) and will lead to pink shadows.
Its in "Movie">"Image Fine-Tuning." Whats the use of changing the black level in ML menus?

masc

• Contributor
Its in "Movie">"Image Fine-Tuning." Whats the use of changing the black level in ML menus?
This is an offset to the coded black level. You can adjust it, if you think you have a better value. The adjusted blacklevel is then automatically in all MLVs you record, and you mustn't adjust it in every single clip in post.
5D2.212 | EOSM.202

Milk and Coffee

• New to the forum
I see! Thank you. I don’t see an advantage for it. Is it probably best to leave it at “0”?