Switch for macOS Catalina/Linux (former cr2hdr.app)

Started by Danne, May 05, 2015, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

dfort

Quote from: 12georgiadis on October 05, 2018, 10:03:26 AM
@Dfort maybe?

Looks like you got it figured out. I used a similar workflow when Danne first added the proxy workflow feature. What I like is that it is pretty much like shooting plain H.264. Realtime in camera playback with audio (H.264 files) is a great confidence check. I was getting very picky with a couple of files that didn't match exactly (out of several hundreds) but that was due to the card reaching capacity. Overall it a great workflow though probably only useful for 3x3 sampling at 1920x1080. Haven't tested other resolutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12georgiadis

Quote from: dfort on October 07, 2018, 04:45:25 AM
Looks like you got it figured out. I used a similar workflow when Danne first added the proxy workflow feature. What I like is that it is pretty much like shooting plain H.264. Realtime in camera playback with audio (H.264 files) is a great confidence check. I was getting very picky with a couple of files that didn't match exactly (out of several hundreds) but that was due to the card reaching capacity. Overall it a great workflow though probably only useful for 3x3 sampling at 1920x1080. Haven't tested other resolutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you and now that Switch is superfast by skipping number count, it's even more reliable. I don't see any problem with other resolution because for what I know you can do offline/online from 720p Alexa proxy and reconnect to 2K raw. you just need the same name, tci+tco

Danne

Is it confirmed working skipping number count?

12georgiadis

Danne

jpegmasterjesse

Anyone have any pointers for porting Switch to Android? Thinking primarily for DUAL-ISO photo conversion - I don't think I want to mess around with MLV's on a smartphone. Although....

scrax

Quote from: Lars Steenhoff on December 08, 2017, 11:20:57 AM
Hi small update to the GUI has been done,

now its possible to select input folder and output folder, I'm now going to investigate how to connect the buttons in the gui the to switch command for input and output.

https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/switch_gui/overview

https://vimeo.com/246417987

Have you tried CocoaDialog (v2)

I was using it in for raw2dng.app years ago, with platypus as wrapper fo the scripts.
You can see inside the pkg it's not loked up so it's easier to see how it works:

rv=`CocoaDialog fileselect \
--text "Select some files and/or directories to convert or scan" \
--with-directory $HOME/Images/ \
--with-extensions .422 .MOV .CR2 .SH .JPG .jpg .WAV .LOG .AVI .RAW .DNG .XMP .MLV .UFR\
--select-directories \
--select-multiple`
if [ -n "$rv" ]; then
                fi

With xcode could probably made nicer, but maybe this helps.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

scrax

Quote from: jpegmasterjesse on April 09, 2019, 04:57:28 AM
Anyone have any pointers for porting Switch to Android? Thinking primarily for DUAL-ISO photo conversion - I don't think I want to mess around with MLV's on a smartphone. Although....
Switch works on Linux too?
So you can try to start it with termux...

Hum, seems to use sudo so you need to have a rooted phone, and so far even with it gives problems.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

adrjork

Sorry for my basic-user questions:

1. I saw that in MLVFS workflow White level can be set at 15000 or 16383. In Davinci RAW tab there is an Highlight Recovery option. Is it the same thing as setting 15000/16383 in Switch, or the two things works together?

2. Switch give me both the options of rendering regular DNG, compressed DNG and on-the-fly DNG (via MLVFS). Is it possible that for playback speed in Davinci, the fastest option is regular rendered DNG over compressed DNG over MLVFS? And if so, is it possible that grading could be slightly different if applied to compressed DNG instead of regular DNG?

3. Believe me, I don't want make a SW-vs-SW challenge: I'm just curious to know which are the differences between compressing DNG with Switch and with SlimRAW (both are in this forum and both are loved by users, and both have a similar function, so I suppose both have great PROs and perhaps are useful in different situations).

Thanks a lot.

dim

I tried Switch for the 1st time without problem on a ubuntu studio 18.10. It installed Yad , as planned. With a serie of pictures, dualiso, from the same Eos5DmkII, it doesn't work at all. I look at the log file & there, i don't understand the problem... The Switch files are in my Home directory. I followed the instructions. Can you help me?
The log file:
Quotels: cannot access '*.MLV': No such file or directory
ls: cannot access '*.mlv': No such file or directory
[ERROR] Failed to open file ''
ls: cannot access '*.MLV': No such file or directory
[ERROR] Failed to open file ''
    =========
    Main menu(B
    ---------

output: (B
darkframe storage:(B
afplayer: (B

(m)  mlv_dump settings(B(MLV)(B
    (ms) mlv_dump_on_steroids settings(B(MLV)(B
    (p)  ProRes output(B(MLV,RAW,dng)(B
    (d)  cr2hdr dualiso processing(B(CR2)(B

(C)  select new output folder(B(MLV,RAW,dng,mov)(B
    (R)  reset Switch to defaults(B
    (A)  darkframe average automation(B(B
    (F)  flatframe average automation(B(B
    (q)  exit Switch(B
    (r)  run Switch(B   

Please enter your selection number below:
ls: cannot access '/home/dim/Switch/config/tmp/FLATFRAME_A': No such file or directory
Would you rather select flatframe and darkflat manually?

Y/N?(BSelect your flatframe and a darkframe if needed
    =========
    Main menu(B
    ---------

darkframe storage:(B
afplayer: (B

(m)  mlv_dump settings(B(MLV)(B
    (ms) mlv_dump_on_steroids settings(B(MLV)(B
    (p)  ProRes output(B(MLV,RAW,dng)(B
    (d)  cr2hdr dualiso processing(B(CR2)(B

(C)  select new output folder(B(MLV,RAW,dng,mov)(B
    (R)  reset Switch to defaults(B
    (A)  darkframe average automation(B(B
    (F)  flatframe average automation(B(B added!(B
    (q)  exit Switch(B
    (r)  run Switch(B   

--amaze-edge --cs2x2 --same-levels
grep: /home/dim/Switch/config/A_cr2hdr_cmpr.txt: No such file or directory
grep: /home/dim/Switch/config/A_cr2hdr_cmpr.txt: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access '/home/dim/Switch/config/cpuboost': No such file or directory
    ===============
    cr2hdr settings(B
    ---------------
note! Reenter selection to erase!

Interpolation methods(B
    (a)(B Amaze edge(default) added!(B         
    (m)(B Mean23(faster)   

Chroma smoothing(B
    (2)(B apply 2x2(default) added!(B            
    (3)(B apply 3x3
    (5)(B apply 5x5             
    (di)(B disable chroma smoothing

Flicker handling(B
    (s)(B same-levels(avoid flicker) added!(B 

Speed increase(B
    (B)(B CPU boost

(E)  erase all settings(B
    (d)  Main menu(B
    (q)  exit Switch(B
    (r)  run Switch(B                                         

MLV Dumper
-----------------

Mode of operation:
   - Input MLV file: '/home/dim/Pictures/2019/20190911/FLATFRAMES'
   - Rewrite MLV
   - Output only one frame with averaged pixel values
   - Output into 'ft__FLATFRAMES'
File /home/dim/Pictures/2019/20190911/FLATFRAMES opened
File /home/dim/Pictures/2019/20190911/FLATFRAM00 not existing.
Processing...

Reached end of chunk 1/1 after 0 blocks
Processed 0 video frames at -nan FPS (-nan s)
[ERROR] Number of averaged frames is zero. Cannot continue.
[ERROR] Failed to rewrite header in .MLV file
Done

rm: cannot remove 'ft*.wav': No such file or directory
cat: /home/dim/Switch/config/tmp/MLVFILESaa: No such file or directory
cat: /home/dim/Switch/config/tmp/MLVFILESadcat: /home/dim/Switch/config/tmp/MLVFILESab: No such file or directory
: No such file or directory
cat: /home/dim/Switch/config/tmp/MLVFILESac: No such file or directory
wc: _1_2019-09-21_0001_C0000/pix_fix.txt: No such file or directory
wc: _1_2019-09-21_0001_C0000/pix_fix.txt: No such file or directory
cat: /home/dim/Switch/config/FFmpeg_settingsPR: No such file or directory
cat: /home/dim/Switch/config/FFmpeg_settingsPR: No such file or directory
cat: /home/dim/Switch/config/FFmpeg_settings: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access '*.CR2': No such file or directory
ls: cannot access '*.DNG': No such file or directory
ls: cannot access '*.dng': No such file or directory

Sapporo

Quote from: dim on September 21, 2019, 01:08:41 PM
I tried Switch for the 1st time without problem on a ubuntu studio 18.10. It installed Yad , as planned. With a serie of pictures, dualiso, from the same Eos5DmkII, it doesn't work at all. I look at the log file & there, i don't understand the problem... The Switch files are in my Home directory. I followed the instructions. Can you help me?
The log file:
Got the same yesterday. Worked last time I tried. Ubuntu 18.04.

Danne

Nothing changed from linux version(which was created looong time ago so could need refinements. Feel free to help) so If you use the same workflow as "Worked last time I tried" at least we can be sure nothing´s wrong with Switch.
More info/testing/digging needed.

dim

Thank you, Danne! I use Switch in a xfce Terminal. I take screenshots & copy the folders images & Switch in a dropbox. I tried dualiso2hdr & the others alone, it works with those in folder Bin .
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wktvznb98nxuymw/AADKn1F7EcieDYmXXJ0aEpIKa?dl=0

Danne

Sorry, unable to help here. I don´t use linux myself but maybe someone else can help.
Maybe it can be as simple as renaming .cr2 to .CR2 before converting. I also don´t see why there´s darkframe storage added for dualiso? Maybe start fresh?

dim

Thank you Danne! The problem is the suffix .cr2 to rename to .CR2!...

Macke1

hi! installed macOS Catalina, and I can't reinstall Switch, different questions showing up and I can't get it to work. https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/10/8/d7a2b47bf331b969d53f6304e3176a1e-full.png

Danne

DeafEyeJedi

I can also confirm that Catalina definitely broke Switch due to being 32-bit architecture and unable to support.

I'm pretty sure @Danne's aware and already hard at work on updating this asap. No rush, though!  8)
https://vimeo.com/366523191

*Edit*

Take 2 per @Danne's suggestion which was to open Switch under Automator and save as a new app but didn't pan out either...
https://vimeo.com/366531067
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

DeafEyeJedi

Thanks for pointing this out @dfort -- will definitely give this a run right now.

Will let you know results as soon as I know.

*edit*

I just swapped out the mlv_dump file with the new one. Reran Switch and it's asking me to fix few things.

https://vimeo.com/368373524

Looks like I'm gonna have to go back to the tutorial page. Stand by!

DeafEyeJedi

I'm not having any luck with this so far. Any hints?

Danne

The tee command not working indicates terminal not defaulted to bash anymore. Look a few posts back and see if you can get it to open in bash.

Danne

Uploaded a new version of Switch. But raw2dng, cr2hdr and one of mlv_dump binaries are not working due to 32bit architecture? This affect Catalina version on mac. Mlv_dump on steroids works and it should start and show menus etc. If not try changing default shell back to:
chsh -s /bin/sh

dualiso conversion will not work.

Danne

Uploaded a version with raw2mlv conversion tool included(Ilia3101). It will only be active when on mac os catalina and when dragging CR2 file onto Switch. This will make it possible to open up for instance dualiso CR2 files straight into Mlv app for further processing. Please check it out:

Commit:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/switch/commits/7f1f4cabefc0b45c2338b3e1e99130f801a0357c