Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

Quote from: alfo on July 03, 2014, 07:58:11 PM
When I connect anything to the HDMI port and set the 5D to mirroring so that none of the Canon info comes up on the HDMI out, the ML overlays on the back of the camera are not shown even though the screen is on.

Quote from: a1ex on June 22, 2014, 02:39:19 PM
External monitor users, please have a look at this:

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/521/mirroring-support-for-external-monitors/diff

Waiting for review ;)

pompeiisneaks

I just demoed that, and it worked great for me... I've updated the same on the bitbucket page.

budafilms

Quote from: a1ex on July 03, 2014, 08:15:56 PM
Waiting for review ;)

If you want, tell me what I have to download and I will test it!

alfo

Thanks a1ex, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Will happily test it out - is there a guide as to how to set up and compile Magic Lantern on OS X?
5D mkIII 1.2.3 w/ ML || 600D w/ ML || Atomos Ninja 2 || 50mm f1.4 || 85mm f1.8 || 20-40mm f2.8

mlguest

Hello folks,

first of all, thank you for your hard work here! ML is great.
I used it on my old 7D and now want to use it on my new 5D mark iii with firmware 1.2.3

Im sorry, but I have some safety questions:

As I understand I have to:
Installation:
1) Format the card from the camera.
2) Make sure you are running Canon firmware 1.2.3.
3) Copy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update.

My questions: Can I make the update from a CF-Flash Card? I read here often only about SD-Cards?
My second question: Do I need to put the mode dial on a specific position (for example M or so)?
And at last, which build is safe to use?

budafilms

Can I make the update from a CF-Flash Card? Yes I did it. But it's faster in my case, when you have ML in the SD card and let the CF for videos.

Do I need to put the mode dial on a specific position (for example M or so)? Use M. You can switch and try the other modes. But I use often M.

And at last, which build is safe to use? Build from June works fine. Depends if you going to try the very last things.

mlguest

Quote from: budafilms on July 04, 2014, 09:31:55 PM
Can I make the update from a CF-Flash Card? Yes I did it. But it's faster in my case, when you have ML in the SD card and let the CF for videos.

Do I need to put the mode dial on a specific position (for example M or so)? Use M. You can switch and try the other modes. But I use often M.

And at last, which build is safe to use? Build from June works fine. Depends if you going to try the very last things.

Thank you very much for your answer!
I tried it now and it works! I will only use it for photography, not for video.
I used the build from July, 01. I wonder when there will be at least a alpha version?

budafilms

Quote from: mlguest on July 04, 2014, 11:46:01 PM
Thank you very much for your answer!
I tried it now and it works! I will only use it for photography, not for video.
I used the build from July, 01. I wonder when there will be at least a alpha version?

Only Devs know that.
But don't worry, use it, read the guide and if you can donate!!!! ;)

mercurio

Hi I have a problem,  to make you better understand I am attaching a video, https://www.dropbox.com/s/lazkcyiwvj0gp1k/20140703_085411_001.3gp  . So during a timelapse (interval 4sec and exposure 0,5")  as you can see from the video at sec 7-8 and 22-33, the camera  takes two shots. I don't know if they are skipped frames or other (I have ML on the SD and I was registering the files on a 32GB 1000x komputerbay).  What do you think? Thank you

mlguest

Quote from: budafilms on July 05, 2014, 04:18:45 AM
Only Devs know that.
But don't worry, use it, read the guide and if you can donate!!!! ;)

O.K., I will do that. Thank you again.
I wonder if I want to use ML on several cards, if it is o.k. to copy my first installation from the first card to another card, so that I can use the same settings on every CF-Card?

peter221

hi guys.
any chance of fixing the disappearing of iso/wb adjustment (the joystick function) after hitting rec? works fine until i hit rec, then it vanishes ;)
im using magiclantern-Nightly.2014Jul04.5D3123 atm

budafilms

Quote from: peter221 on July 06, 2014, 09:45:58 PM
hi guys.
any chance of fixing the disappearing of iso/wb adjustment (the joystick function) after hitting rec? works fine until i hit rec, then it vanishes ;)
im using magiclantern-Nightly.2014Jul04.5D3123 atm

Press Rate.

swinxx

Bug? Nightly 4.Juli, canon 5d mk3, global draw on, lens doesn´t matter...

when setting up ml iso gain to -1.0 and then setting zebras to less than 99% the highlights in the viewer are pink.
dont know if this behavior is also in other nightlies..

thx

Kaspars

Just wanted to say big thank you to developers who have worked on this version, it's really, really impressive update to my camera featurewise. Setup was as simple as it could possibly get, i think.

peter221

Quote from: budafilms on July 07, 2014, 04:58:39 AM
Press Rate.

I know that the Rate key brings up the iso/kel adjustment

I would like the iso/kel not to dissapear after hitting rec. What's more after stopping recording it doesn't come back. I have to hit rate once more.
I hope im making myself clear.

victorinox126

Hi guys.
I'm new to the world of MagicLantern and I found out that this is the latest version for the Mark III.
I've read that his was released around March, but can someone who is very knowledgeable about this version tell me: how is it going about now? It's pretty safe to install the latest nightly build? Or should I wait for some issues to be resolved?
Thank you in advance.

alexcagliari

vovkinson

It's never 100% safe. install it at your own  risk.
Quote from: victorinox126 on July 09, 2014, 12:49:06 AM
Hi guys.
I'm new to the world of MagicLantern and I found out that this is the latest version for the Mark III.
I've read that his was released around March, but can someone who is very knowledgeable about this version tell me: how is it going about now? It's pretty safe to install the latest nightly build? Or should I wait for some issues to be resolved?
Thank you in advance.

alexcagliari

Which beneficts for example i can have using ML in my 5dm3 shooting night long expo?for example shooting milky way..

jdzik

Hi,

I'm having some issues with rack focus on the 5D III.  I'm running the July 3, 2014, nightly build.  I'm using a Canon 50mm F1.2 prime lens.

I manage to save my endpoints correctly.  But when I run the rack focus itself, it seems to not go all the way.  For example, if I go from a focus range of 23 inches to 36 feet, starting at 23 inches it will stop at around 4 feet.  Similarly, from the 36 feet coming back, it stops at 4 feet.

I seem to be having similar problems with other lenses, though I haven't tested as thoroughly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe

devocam

Anyone know what the last version of the nightly builds creates .raw files instead of .mlv files? I want to be able to use RAW Magic and not have to go through the extra step of converting everything to .raw first.

Thanks.

kontrakatze

I'm having some issues with the latest nightly (2014-07-04).

Trash button to enter magic lantern menue sometimes works, most of the time it is not working. I just get the first ml screen, but if I press the trash button and next half shutter, I enter the ml menue.

Automated follow focus with mlv_viewer loaded crashes the camera when pressing play to start the folllow focus ramping while recording. I'm not sure if this was an issue before, because I usually used the filemanager instead of the mlv_viewer before. Without mlv_viewer loaded everything works.

Audiolevel indicater within the ml menue with mlv_snd enabled is stuck.

I installed this nighly on a clean cf-card without any older prefs on it.

unfilmde

Quote from: devocam on July 10, 2014, 08:07:35 PM
Anyone know what the last version of the nightly builds creates .raw files instead of .mlv files? I want to be able to use RAW Magic and not have to go through the extra step of converting everything to .raw first.

Thanks.

Just load the RAW module and turn off MLV Raw. I use RAWMagic all the time, it automatically recognizes spanned clips. It is great.

devocam

Thanks! I didn't realize the old module was still in there.

Quote from: unfilmde on July 10, 2014, 11:45:26 PM
Just load the RAW module and turn off MLV Raw. I use RAWMagic all the time, it automatically recognizes spanned clips. It is great.