5D Mark II doesn't recognize ML on 128 GB Komputerbay Card

Started by dacssfreak, October 17, 2013, 01:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dacssfreak

Well,

i just bought a Komputerbay 128GB 1000x CF card to replace my 16Gb Transcend 1000x Card. Off the Transcend car ML runs perfectly smooth. As soon as I copy the files from the Transced card to the Komputerbay card and pop it into the 5DII the camera doesnt load ML anymore. The camera says the firmware is 2.1.2 when the Komputerbay card is inserted. When the Transcend is inserted it says 2.1.2-ml-v2.3NEXT. But the ML files on both cards are exactly the same.
And when I try to do a Firmware update from the Komputerbay card it says that it hasn't found a firmware update file. Why isnt it working?

Walter Schulz

dacssfreak

I have a 5D Mark II (2). I didn't need to make my Transcend card bootable, and Google doesn't find any results when searching for how to make a 5D Mark II CF card bootable.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: dacssfreak on October 17, 2013, 01:34:08 PM
I have a 5D Mark II (2). I didn't need to make my Transcend card bootable,

You did, I can assure you. You need 3 things to make ML run:
- Bootflag on cam
- Bootable card
- ML files on card

Quote from: dacssfreak on October 17, 2013, 01:34:08 PM
and Google doesn't find any results when searching for how to make a 5D Mark II CF card bootable.

magic lantern make bootable card
found 10,300 results.

Pelican

All of the Komputerbay 128GB cards are known not to work with 5D2 if you just copy the files to them.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

dacssfreak

Ted Ramasola here stated that he got 2 of them working with his 5DII
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7302.msg67206#msg67206
"So now, I got the 128gig 1000X KomputerBay cards to work both on 5DmkII and 7D. The 1050x WILL NOT."
How is this possible? Maybe theres something wrong with the alignment? Or the sector sizes?

KB TechSupport

Hello,

We have fixed this issue and now have 128GB CF UDMA7 firmware bootable cards (both in 1000X and 1050X). (fixed 2 weeks back)

Please note that since this issue was just recently fixed - Amazon does not carry the most up to date stock on hand (Amazon USA has some on hand but the rest will start carrying this version by the early Nov 2013).

You can send the cards back to us:

Tech Support
Komputerbay
2150 Cedars RD 700
Lawrenceville GA 30043

along with your non bootable cards and also you shipping address and we will get it swapped for you.

These cards have already been tested on all Canon camera's that boot from the CF card for ML.

Regards,

Tech Support
Komputerbay

5D3shooter

It was just a matter of time til Komputer Bay got on this forum.  Good idea too because I'm sure you get a lot of customers from this forum.  Glad to see you guys taking care of us too.. Thanks!

guilhermemartins

I have been using ML for all my production company`s jobs since the release of 2.3. most of them available at.
www.mariachisaudiovisual.com.br

gimp

Awesome support.

My komputerbay 128GB SDXC cards work just fine, by the way.