[deprecated] MLV Viewer to view .mlv (and .raw) files on windows (C#)

Started by g3gg0, September 22, 2013, 01:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubzeebass

Console...

12/28/2013 12:05:53.036 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[157]: (MLVBrowseSharp.86448[277]) Exited with code: 143
12/28/2013 12:05:53.039 PM spindump_agent[446]: Unable to create bundle with URL /usr/bin/mono

g3gg0

if you run the exe from the shell, does it work?

cd blah/Resources
mono MLVBrowseSharp.exe
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Danne

Quote from: dubzeebass on December 28, 2013, 06:15:33 PM
Just installed MRE and now the .APP just bounces in my Dock.
Try a reboot. Had some quirks that solved itself after booting

dubzeebass

Opening it via command line just opens the "EXEC ICON" on the dock with the title mono-sgen, no GUI.  I've got XQuartz installed as well as latest Java and Mono, and have rebooted.  Any other ideas?

dubzeebass

Activity Monitor is showing mono (not responding) using 95% CPU.  Wack!

dubzeebass

Weird ... I just ran mono-sgen <executable name> and it loaded.

dubzeebass

Last post on this topic ... doesn't work properly on my box, probably would on someone else's ... I'll use MLRawViewer for now.  Cheers!

g3gg0

big update.
now MLVBrowseSharp has much better batch processing support.
try it ;)
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

Danne

Everything seems to get converted but when looking in selected folder there,s still only the first file converted. Same thing happens when I convert to .raw or dng option.
Close but no cegar :)

* Actually I can see the other files converted through finder but can,t locate it on my mac yet. Damn mac search function.
* I take that back. When looking at the log It seems all files gets the name of the first converted file?

Looks like this.

rungunshoot

Hi, I'm on Mavericks (10.9.1) and have installed MLV Browser along with Mono MRE.  I'm not too tech savvy with this stuff, so go easy...

But I've gotten it to transcode MLV to DNG with WAV (awesome)! My question is this: when choosing an output directory, MLV Browser doesn't seem to recognize my external hard drives (connected via Thunderbolt).  Is this a limitation of this program, or is there a way for me to output directly to my Thunderbolt drive?

Thanks for all your work! This is really cool.

Danne

Hey rungunshot, are you able to batchexport .mlv files to a specific folder? WHen I try I only get the first file to convert even when selecting several?

g3gg0

g3gg0

Quote from: rungunshoot on December 29, 2013, 12:18:49 AMwhen choosing an output directory, MLV Browser doesn't seem to recognize my external hard drives (connected via Thunderbolt).  Is this a limitation of this program, or is there a way for me to output directly to my Thunderbolt drive?

i dont have a chance to test that as i am running OSX in a VM.
but i guess you have to select the correct folder.

btw - it doesnt auto update if the filesystem changes.
you have to collapse and expand again (or restart) to make changes visible.

rungunshoot

Batch processing with the latest version is OK now...I did have that same issue earlier.

As for external drives, they show up in the main GUI window, but not when I choose a destination for output. It's not a matter of needing to refresh the folder directory.

g3gg0

Danne

Batch export works!! Thanks a lot :) Of course I have a qiuestion. Would it be possible to have the dng:s exported placed in folders instead of all in the same folder? Anyway. Huge thanks for this. Really cool stuff created.
Thanks
//D

Jakobmen

when exporting selected files as .dng + wav it ends up giving me a wav file and m28-1039.MLV.frame_00lens' file. no Dng files.. not sure if i did something wrong here..

raw+wav works fine tho
Canon 5D3

rungunshoot

Quote from: g3gg0 on December 29, 2013, 02:11:11 AM
do you know the unix path of this drive?

I'm really not Terminal-savvy.  But neither my Thunderbolt nor USB drives appear as output options.

g3gg0

Quote from: Jakobmen on December 29, 2013, 04:16:43 AM
when exporting selected files as .dng + wav it ends up giving me a wav file and m28-1039.MLV.frame_00lens' file. no Dng files.. not sure if i did something wrong here..

what? "m28-1039.MLV.frame_00lens" uuhhmmm that is weird...

Jakobmen

Canon 5D3

Jakobmen

g3ggo this is happening on my new laptop... do i need to install something to work the MLV browser  maybe thats why im getting this error?
Canon 5D3

g3gg0

can you show me the log messages when exporting is done?
i guess you have the latest version, right?

Jakobmen

Canon 5D3

g3gg0

this looks like a buffer overflow, but i cannot imagine where...
i dont get any buffer overflows here.
and i thought i coded defensively enough...
let me check...

g3gg0

meanwhile - can you try a shorter path?

this: D:\CanonXraw\kids for Soulfruit Free MV\MLV files\kids Free soulfruit\m28-1035\M28-1039.MLV.frame_
is quite long :)