Previous topic - Next topic

Audionut

Pretty easy job this one. 

For small changes to code anyway :P

From the main repo, create a fork.

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/overview

Give it a name and fork it.

Voila, your own repository.

From there you can browse the source code and edit it.

When you've finished editing the source, it's time to commit it.

You should give it a name that suits the changes you have made.

Once the changes have been committed to your own repo, it's time to create a pull request for merge into the main repo.

Note:  You can edit more files at this stage before creating the pull request.

You can change the title, add a description, and then create the pull request.

Note:  You can edit more files (or the same file) at this stage and update the pull request.  Just hit the pull request button again and follow the procedure above.  A new pull request will not be created, the original pull request will be updated.

And it ends up in the main repo as a pull request :)

Where hopefully it gets merged into the main source tree.

garry23

Help: I'm stupid and stuck at 'create a fork'.

How do I do this: I've never done this before.

I'm trying to make a pull request to change some code in focus.c

Cheers

Garry

ilia3101

Pictures aren't loading in Safari, Firefox or Chromium, I'm in UK. Anyone else not seeing them?

Exactly the tutorial I wanted though :) Theres a small change I want to add(don't know if its useful but been using it myself)

Edit: oh just noticed this is quite old ::) I guess its the DropBox thing.

Audionut

garry23

@Audionut

Many thanks for taking the time to do this.

For those like me, i.e. not programmers and infrequent submitters, having this tutorial is a key resource, i.e. To remind us what to do.

BTW, having just made a pull request for correcting the DoFs in focus.c, I noticed a silly mistake in the submitted pull request. Can I correct this, or do I need to make another pull request and reference ignoring the original pull request.

Finally, I truly would welcome a tutorial like this, that showed me how to compile on a Win from my fork. I've tried following the existing tutorial, but keep getting errors.

Once again, many thanks.

garry23

Oops: just read this  :)

QuoteNote:  You can edit more files (or the same file) at this stage and update the pull request.  Just hit the pull request button again and follow the procedure above.  A new pull request will not be created, the original pull request will be updated.

Audionut

Quote from: garry23 on May 26, 2017, 07:03:29 AM
Finally, I truly would welcome a tutorial like this, that showed me how to compile on a Win from my fork. I've tried following the existing tutorial, but keep getting errors.

Sorry for the late reply.

Which tutorial?

garry23

@Audionut

Time has moved on, but I think I was hoping for a 'dummies guide' for making a pull request from my fork.

I'm still not yet compiling and editing as I should, i.e. I end up doing things incorrectly.

Others have spotted my mistakes, so, for now, I've stopped trying: so I stick with Lua for now.

As I say, time has moved on.

Cheers

Garry

ArcziPL

Quote from: Audionut on August 28, 2013, 09:26:10 AM
Pretty easy job this one. 

For small changes to code anyway :P

From the main repo, create a fork.

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/overview

If someone recently wants to create a fork according to this tutoral, will scratch his head already on the first step and keep shouting "WTF?!" (Where's the fork?!)...
It's been moved to a submenu on the left, under a plus sign.

M50.110 [main cam] | G7X III [pocket cam] | 70D.112 [gathers dust] | M.202 [gathers dust] | waiting for M5II

scrax

Quote from: ArcziPL on March 10, 2019, 10:22:25 PM
If someone recently wants to create a fork according to this tutoral, will scratch his head already on the first step and keep shouting "WTF?!" (Where's the fork?!)...

:D
I had that feeling too...

I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-