7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crwn_schlr

Quote from: jman on September 30, 2013, 11:00:13 PM
Just a question for any of you Resolve 9 users out there. I used MLV2dng to convert my video. When I brought the dng file into Resolve it was all purple and really distorted not readable at all. What's with that ?

Only converter that has worked for me thus far in Resolve 9 is rawmagic.

I'm using resolve 10 now, though I haven't tested to see if any of the other converters work with it since the update.

As far as I can tell, all the bizarre fringing phenomena have seemingly disappeared, though the vertical line pattern is still apparent.

Grab rawmagic and convert the files again, see if that works. Im on a mac BTW, not sure if raw magic is PC compatible.

jman

Quote from: crwn_schlr on September 30, 2013, 11:23:04 PM
Only converter that has worked for me thus far in Resolve 9 is rawmagic.

I'm using resolve 10 now, though I haven't tested to see if any of the other converters work with it since the update.

As far as I can tell, all the bizarre fringing phenomena have seemingly disappeared, though the vertical line pattern is still apparent.

Grab rawmagic and convert the files again, see if that works. Im on a mac BTW, not sure if raw magic is PC compatible.
Just sorta figured it out. Resolve 9 does not allow avi's as imports and dng's do not convert in the change format option in Resolve. So I brought the dng into AE and saved it as an uncompressed TIFF SEQ.
Using a PC. Works fine. Now able to play with the clip in resolve....Cheers.

luckyluis

Quote from: mityazabuben on September 30, 2013, 10:19:38 PM
I cant say for sure how it will behave on 7D, bcs I didnt make any tests yet for compare them (will try to make in a 2 day). But, if we abstracting from 7D, I think its better and cheaper. Find it on alibaba, you can send an email to [email protected] for purchase order.

Made some test:
1728x972 (1156) at 24 fps - Continuous Recording
1728x972 at 30 fps - 80.6 MB/s up to 2352 frames (first time was slower, when shooting further its starting to work > 80 MB/s)

Cropped video mode (5X) at 30 fps
1728x972 at 30 fps - Up to 80.3 MB/s 2169 frames

Cropped video mode (5X-but at 10X frozen zoom) at 30 fps
1728x972 at 30 fps - Up to 82.2 MB/s 4300 frames

Cropped video mode (5X-but at 10X frozen zoom) at 24 fps
FullHD at 24 fps - Up to 81.7 MB/s 3000+ frames
In a ML format - 3700+ frames. Actually, on a Komputerbay I can rec ~6800 frames in this mode...

Thanks for the info, Very helpfull. Keep up the good work  :)

szigiszmund

On latest build (29.sept) i get error 70 when hiting start record,if the digic peaking it's enablead  with 10x zoom

1%

Digic peaking needs to be cut off on record in all modes. It doesn't help anything.

ted ramasola

Quote from: 1% on October 01, 2013, 01:57:47 AM
Digic peaking needs to be cut off on record in all modes. It doesn't help anything.

It does help me in focusing. Is it causing problems? I do notice initially when turned on the first time it freezes, but once its already on, its stable.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

1%

Yea, on multiple cams it causes crashes or write speed loss... on 7D its also not playing nice with FPS override.

alsey7

fantastic job i'm now get continuous rec at
1856X1044 24fps
and
1920X1080 24fps getting 3500 frames until it skips.

I thin i need a bigger boat. Komputerbay 32GB 1000x not enough but i think i wont record in 5x until proper lv is fixed.

BTW will that be fixed or will zoomed video always be with us? I would like to see what i'm really shooting  thanks

arrinkiiii

It will be like this for ever... but for see normal zoom mode (x3) you can preview the LV in black and white (ML grayscale preview) with a little delay... but at least you have the proper frame.

alsey7

Really i did not not know this. not being dumb but how do i get to that settings sorry lol

stevelucky

Quote from: mityazabuben on September 30, 2013, 10:19:38 PM
I cant say for sure how it will behave on 7D, bcs I didnt make any tests yet for compare them (will try to make in a 2 day). But, if we abstracting from 7D, I think its better and cheaper. Find it on alibaba, you can send an email to [email protected] for purchase order.

Made some test:
1728x972 (1156) at 24 fps - Continuous Recording
1728x972 at 30 fps - 80.6 MB/s up to 2352 frames (first time was slower, when shooting further its starting to work > 80 MB/s)

Cropped video mode (5X) at 30 fps
1728x972 at 30 fps - Up to 80.3 MB/s 2169 frames

Cropped video mode (5X-but at 10X frozen zoom) at 30 fps
1728x972 at 30 fps - Up to 82.2 MB/s 4300 frames

Cropped video mode (5X-but at 10X frozen zoom) at 24 fps
FullHD at 24 fps - Up to 81.7 MB/s 3000+ frames
In a ML format - 3700+ frames. Actually, on a Komputerbay I can rec ~6800 frames in this mode...

For what it's worth, I bought one of these Wellcore cards and it got corrupted and became impossible to format after just a couple uses. I couldn't format it in the camera, Windows or Mac machines. They took it back, but since I had to order it from China, I decided not to get another one.

mityazabuben

Its seems, that it is lucky me)

1%

So I tested some more with FPS override... the values are being written to the memory locations and I can read stuff back from there on the slave.

*figured out how to write the values but it still crashes... the only other thing to do is cut off FPS right before rec stop.

PANDETTA

Is it impossible to have a realtime playback in camera?
or a .RAW realtime player?

alsey7

real time playback i think that not currently possible

PANDETTA

Quote from: alsey7 on October 01, 2013, 09:29:09 PM
real time playback i think that not currently possible
is currently not possible or never will be possible?

arrinkiiii

in camera you got pic_view (don't remember if write like that)  but is black and white and delayed. In computer you got one app from g3gg0.

mrnv45

is it me or did the file sizes go up?

1%

It went up if you are recording larger frames from extra speed. :)

arrinkiiii

Quote from: 1% on October 01, 2013, 07:03:52 AM
the only other thing to do is cut off FPS right before rec stop.

Its one solution... but the best? or only the only solution ?? =D

1%

I dunno... I'm writing necessary values (ie, now headphone works from slave)... it worked like twice this way... I think g3gg0's solution might not have been right, reg A + b were switched. Might be something wrong with how the reg itself is written from slave, dual iso does +2/-2 to the address of the register and I can't read regs from the slave as there is no shamem_read. Just blindly trying +2/-2 didn't work... it crashes even if no timers are changed, just the reg written over again.

britom

Headphone monitoring is working, but it sounds distorted and when i connect the av cable the liveview turns off. Any tips? Should i get a cable that doesnt closes the video circuit so the liveview keeps on?
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

1%

It shouldn't turn off, turn headphone on and plug in.

britom

Is working good now, but when i choose Internal Mic/Auto int-ext in Input Source the audio becomes distorted. Works good in all the other modes. I've been wanting this feature since 2010! Wonderful work!
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

1%

Distorted how?

I also need to find a way to detect that the AV cable is plugged in (I think there is a prop), right now it just kinda does it on toggle only.