7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fringuello

Italy - canon 7D

breaker

Hi! I have tried to get sidecar files when shooting Silent pics, but I only get it if I shoot Noisy pics. I have tried both XMP and UFRaw, and I have tried both MLV and raw_rec...

Is that anything you 1% can look into? I'm using latest nightly build. 
EOS 7D | EOS 650D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | 50D RAW Monster :-D

1%

hmm... I can check if its supposed to work with silent pics. Haven't tried

dmk

Hey y'all,

Haven't checked back in a while, now I've got a shoot coming up...

Should I use MLV or still RAW mode? (for production- not necessarily most helpful error reporting, sorry!) Assume ~2 minute takes on komputerbay 64GB card.

I assume best is to use nightly from http://tl.bot-fly.com/ ?

In general- aside from easier file wrangling, what's the difference between MLV or RAW? Last I checked MLV was much slower, but that was a while ago... is it now maybe faster?

ted ramasola

If you need sound use the latest TL. Use buffer -1 not the default buff-4.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

dmk

Didn't see this in time and just went for it... didn't need audio so I turned that off :)

Both cards at a certain point broke down and shouted at me something like "corrupt slot"... though now I see the cards are full, maybe that's what happens at the end?

One has a BACKUP.RAW

Here's a quickly processed still, just for kicks:

breaker

Quote from: 1% on February 23, 2014, 12:08:25 AM
hmm... I can check if its supposed to work with silent pics. Haven't tried

What i also see now is that sidecarfiles isn't made with noisypics ither when intervalometer is used, but only when pictures is shot manually. Pictures shot with intervalometer do not show up as set as Review time in Canonmenu, so i suppose that also will make ETTR unusable.
EOS 7D | EOS 650D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | 50D RAW Monster :-D

1%

It got moved to the deflick module... does that work or its broken?

Ok.. I see its broken: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1883/7d-review-screen-bypassed

Frank7D

I need 23.976 fps to get continuous recording at near hi def (1792 or something), but ml for 7D is giving me 29.97 fps with no override that I can find.
So ml for 7D doesn't have fps override right now, but tl does?

1%

yea, and headphone. I'm going to port it back to ML but it does need code review, 50/50 shot of it being accepted.

ted ramasola

Quote from: Frank7D on February 27, 2014, 11:22:12 PM
I need 23.976 fps to get continuous recording at near hi def (1792 or something), but ml for 7D is giving me 29.97 fps with no override that I can find.
So ml for 7D doesn't have fps override right now, but tl does?

Did you try setting your canon menu to 24fps (23.976)?  :)
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

ted ramasola

This is what the Nightly ML can do and cannot do for now.
In addition to some audio controls mentioned by 1%

1. FPS override not yest implemented. (crop mode recording is still limited due to this)
2. Overlay/black border bug- Sometimes it is off centered upon start up-way to correct is to cycle through magnify button and it will be corrected.
3. HDMI monitoring is now OK - no more errors and pink frames
4. HDMI overlays not yet working well so is best to turn off GD when recording.(This is the gd switch in raw video sub menu)
5. Playback of raw video when HDMI monitor is connected.- Lock up when Global Draw in overlays tab is OFF -this bug is for 7D only and not found in 5D2.- Solution I found is to have Gloabal draw in overlay tab -ON and GD-OFF in Raw Video sub menu.
6. 30P Recording is continuous at 1728 x 736 2.35:1 - Tested this with audio and is OK no sync or drift problems.

7. High Framerates recording Now Possible with no errors and corrupt frames.
   For 60 FPS (set in canon menu)

2.35:1 AR
   1600x486 --25"
   1536x466 --1'53"
   1472x448 --continuous recording

2:1 AR
   1408x504 --1'31"
   1344x480 --continuous recording

16:9 AR
   1344x540 --1'
   1280x514 --continuous recording

50FPS TL (fps override)

2.35:1 AR
   1664x506 --continuous recording

16:9 AR
   1408x566 --continuous recording
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

arrinkiiii

Yes, the Overlay/black border bug is driving me crazy  =((

dmk

Quote from: dmk on February 27, 2014, 08:51:01 AM
Both cards at a certain point broke down and shouted at me something like "corrupt slot"... though now I see the cards are full, maybe that's what happens at the end?

OK that is what happened- cards ran until end, which was surprising since I thought I only recorded a couple minutes, but there's lots more footage there.... I guess "Delete Video" in raw menu doesn't actually mean Delete Video? :)

ted ramasola

Quote from: arrinkiiii on February 27, 2014, 11:32:19 PM
Yes, the Overlay/black border bug is driving me crazy  =((

when using an external monitor via hdmi, I found out that pluging in the hdmi monitor and powering it on first BEFORE the camera will give you a nice overlay with semi tranparent gui.
Audio meters and other info properly placed.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

arrinkiiii

My black bars bug don't have nothing to do with HDMI, is just wend i record in 2.35:1 and then preview the files in camera and then go again in LV, the black border is out of frame. Is just assume the black border position of the preview (mlv_play). 

pest01

I'm having the same issue after MLV playback. I just do a 3x crop preview and then go back by pressing menu botton and it's back to normal. Probably it will be fixed  ;)

arrinkiiii

-Thanks for the tip, i try some stuff but is always there the bug, going try the way you have write.  What version do you use?

Yes, hope they can fix this =))

ted ramasola

Cycle through magnify button and the overlay will snap back in place.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

pest01

Now i am using TL_Feb26. Another thing that i noticed is the MLV_Play function plays only in ml overlay. If you press info button and go to one of canons previews pressing the play button freezes the screen on play default menu. Solution is to take the battery off and avoid doing again :P

1%

Canon infos block global draw.. must be an unhandled exception... what is worse though is adv bracketing + intervalometer is broken on 500D/50D/550D/5DII?/7D/etc... something oopsed in both trees.

oh man... I see the overlay bug.

Well on the plus side the actual recording is most stable. fuckity fuck fuck

Looks like this started on the 14th of feb... so go back to 13th for now and check.

arrinkiiii

Yes, recording looks like very stable =))

a1ex

Bracketing + intervalometer are fine on 5D2/3 (tried Ax2 and 2x2, intervalometer at 20 seconds). What exactly is wrong with them?

1%

The percentage on screen doesn't change, it keeps taking pictures. Even in bulb mode for like 30". Intervalometer + ettr was broken earlier, have to check when.

Ok, its working in the nightly but intervalometer isn't. Going to try taking out the 2 differences, UNIWB and named bracketing.

The bug is here:

void* get_lcd_422_buf()
{
    //~ return yuv_422_buffers[0];
return get_yuv422buffer(0);
}

Nanomad's new buffer detection :(

Found the bug on 6D too... all cameras the buffer is stale.

The bug is fixed... both ETTR/INT + bracketing.. waiting on feedback to pull req a fix to main.