50D - 14bit raw video builds and test results

Started by GregoryOfManhattan, June 17, 2013, 01:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notdabod

I have been spending a lot of time in the 550d thread because thats the camera I have. The 50d isn't that much more money then the  550d but the results for shooting raw seem dramatically better yeah?

I'd say that the 50d is the best bang for your buck raw video camera going.

What do you think?

The 5d m2 isn't getting much better results then the 50d is it?

Obviously the 5d m3 is the best but WAY more expensive too.

dlrpgmsvc

Here, the first post of akumiszcza --> http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6554.100
says that only some minutes of fullhd are possible (in fact, on screen we can see max 3420 frames calculated).

Then, some more posts down, Watson says he manage to record 1080p continuous (no time/frames limitations).

So, what is the truth ? And 1080p continuous (if it exists on 50D) is 30fps or 24fps ?

Many thanks in advance for any replies !  ;)
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

akumiszcza

Quote from: dlrpgmsvc on July 27, 2013, 01:19:19 PM
Here, the first post of akumiszcza --> http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6554.100
says that only some minutes of fullhd are possible (in fact, on screen we can see max 3420 frames calculated).

Then, some more posts down, Watson says he manage to record 1080p continuous (no time/frames limitations).

So, what is the truth ? And 1080p continuous (if it exists on 50D) is 30fps or 24fps ?

Many thanks in advance for any replies !  ;)

See this post: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5586.msg60536#msg60536

Max is [email protected] continuous AFAIK. Number of frames recorded at real 1080p vary a lot, but it's not continuous yet I think.

dlrpgmsvc

Quote from: akumiszcza on July 27, 2013, 11:48:52 PM
Max is [email protected] continuous AFAIK. Number of frames recorded at real 1080p vary a lot, but it's not continuous yet I think.

You can do 1080p 23,9fps continuous with andy600 tragic lantern latest version + a cf card that can do at least 80mb/s continuous as the lexar 32gb 1000x !

dlrpgmsvc

I tried last Andy600 build (the "2 mb/s more speed, september 2013), 64Gb 1000x KomputerBay card, 64K clustered and aligned, with max around 5500 frames = 3.5 minutes ! Many thanks to Andy600 !
Big achievement! We are so close to continuous! ml say "continuous ok" but it maxes to 5500 frames... so close !!!!  :P

I then tried to slow down to 23.7 fps, and it's really continuous: only 2 bars (one green and one blu, travelling here and there) are displayed for some time... so I thinked "here we are!..." but... then something suddenly breaks and 5 green bars and 5 blue bars are constantly displayed for some time, then something breaks again... and so on, to the point where all the memory buffer is filled up. No more than 5500 frames also in this case...

If we manage to understand what is "breaking" the writing process at constant intervals, we perhaps can try to solve it !  :P

zcream

Has the code in Mar 3 2014 build been unified into main ML builds ?
Wanted to use 50d for reliable 1080p - and can only get 2mins from latest ML.
Just downloaded the last andy600 build - wondering if there are any gotchas..

Andy600

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com