Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpgmsvc

Quote from: wolf on May 19, 2013, 12:51:36 AM
Enabled, but not tested.

#define FEATURE_RAW_HISTOGRAM
#define FEATURE_RAW_ZEBRAS
#define FEATURE_RAW_SPOTMETER
#define FEATURE_SILENT_PIC_RAW_BURST

Have you simply enabled the defines, without any other code modifications ? If yes, I can apply your modifications + compile and test these functions, thanks !
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

LeviBetz

Hi guys! I just joined, been using ML since I bought my used 550D. Now i'd like to give this raw thing a try, but I'm a bit confused. How the hell are you getting it to run on your 550Ds? I can't find source code let alone a build with raw (i've got the silent photos though). Although I found the nightly build. And that dang sokoban game sucked up a good couple hours haha (I'm stuck at level 5). Anyone care to help out a noob? :P

dlrpgmsvc

Quote from: LeviBetz on May 20, 2013, 01:31:22 PM
Hi guys! I just joined, been using ML since I bought my used 550D. Now i'd like to give this raw thing a try, but I'm a bit confused. How the hell are you getting it to run on your 550Ds? I can't find source code let alone a build with raw (i've got the silent photos though). Although I found the nightly build. And that dang sokoban game sucked up a good couple hours haha (I'm stuck at level 5). Anyone care to help out a noob? :P

Do you search for a source code or for a ready-to-use ML to Mount on your camera ? And what function are you searching for ? If you can precisely answer to these question, I can help you !  ;)

derkiki

Quote from: Atrakt on May 20, 2013, 10:26:06 AM
The nightly build of this night is great! no more dead/hot pixels on my DNG! Great work, big THX!

I've compiled the raw burst for the 550D, I've 19 Frames max @ 1734X1156, but I'm not a Dev, so It's possible I've make some mistake ;)

Hi Atrakt,
could you post your compile with burst for the 550D please? I don't know how to compile.
Thanks a lot.
+ Fantastic work everyone!

dlrpgmsvc

Quote from: Greg on May 19, 2013, 12:13:44 AM
https://bitbucket.org/Gr3g01/ml-500d-raw-dng/commits/16b158c998d8b3002a9ddc3fab61e6c9541b037e
You can try the 550D should work.

Why you have commented out the define FEATURE_SILENT_PIC_RAW ? What if I want to keep this along with FEATURE_SILENT_PIC_RAW_BURST ? So, to make sometime timelapses and sometime also videos with burst mode ! Do it's not possible ?  :o

Greg

Quote from: dlrpgmsvc on May 20, 2013, 02:31:05 PM
Why you have commented out the define FEATURE_SILENT_PIC_RAW ? What if I want to keep this along with FEATURE_SILENT_PIC_RAW_BURST ? So, to make sometime timelapses and sometime also videos with burst mode ! Do it's not possible ?  :o

;)

mk11174

Quote from: Atrakt on May 20, 2013, 10:26:06 AM
The nightly build of this night is great! no more dead/hot pixels on my DNG! Great work, big THX!

I've compiled the raw burst for the 550D, I've 19 Frames max @ 1734X1156, but I'm not a Dev, so It's possible I've make some mistake ;)
Hi, was wondering if you can share your bin for me to try as well?
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

dlrpgmsvc

Ok boys ! Here it is ! The 550D  .BIN with RAW Zebras, histo & company + RAW BURST DNG !
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46130896/autoexec.bin

Take care :

[1] Confirmet as Atrakt, 19 frames confirmed in burst mode ! it shows one-by one the RAM memorized DNGs in Black&White while saving them to SD. How we can change resolution and FPS here ???:o

[2] RAW visualizations (zebras and histogram and spotmeter) seems EQUAL to the normal ones, according to my tests. Please, make tests as many as possible also you all ! the .BIN is here !  ;)

Atrakt

I need to recompile my BIN cleanly because I have some crashes at startup...
when it's stable, i give you my modules and bin ...

derkiki

@dlrpgmsvc
Works, thanks!!
To change res, goto movie mode + change resolution in canon menu. Don't know how to change fps.

1%

If you have enough memory to boot into allocatemem with 640K then you'll have raw rec.

derkiki

@1% Can you explain how to do that pls?
Allocatemem shows 2033K

dlrpgmsvc

canon main dial on video mode - 640x480x50fps video settings by canon menu - 1734x694 actual dng resolution - 24fps ml video override - 31 frames burst recorded - ml global draw off - canon record audio on or off no difference

if canon main dial is on M mode, only 19 frames are recorded

[1] Canon video settings are no-influent over the DNG RAW burst resolution: how we can set it in order to increase or decrease it so it can record more images and so for more time ?

[2] Once in a while (once every 2-3 bursts), a single screwed-up DNG is recorded inside the burst sequence, like this -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46130896/screwed_up.jpg    the borders of the subjects are barely visible.
How we can solve this ? Perhaps the other ports have already solved this...  ;)

1%

Greg

Greg

Raw Rec works on 500D.  ;D
I tested 960x540 20FPS
During recording, no live preview.

dlrpgmsvc

Quote from: Greg on May 20, 2013, 09:10:38 PM
Raw Rec works on 500D.  ;D
I tested 960x540 20FPS

Plz ! show us your commits, just to port on 550D !  :P  Thnkz !  ;)

wolf

Wow

Quote from: Greg on May 20, 2013, 09:10:38 PM

Did you disable the LV to make it faster or is it a general issue?

ashtrai

550d edmac stubs for raw_rec have been committed to the git. Shouldn't be long now, right wolf?

wolf

I'm sorry, but what Greg did is beyond my skills but I'm sure you guys can do it. On the other hand I was never disappointed with the footage quality of the 550D. And let's face it, the 550D is not the first choice if you want to do raw video also this resolution (960x480) looks quite impressive to me.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5247.msg37195#msg37195

internetjoke

LeviBetz

Quote from: dlrpgmsvc on May 20, 2013, 01:38:28 PM
Do you search for a source code or for a ready-to-use ML to Mount on your camera ? And what function are you searching for ? If you can precisely answer to these question, I can help you !  ;)

Probably a compiled version would be best, but regardless I haven't found either haha. I have done a tiny bit of C programming though. And I'm looking for the raw video feature.

Greg

Quote from: wolf on May 20, 2013, 10:55:23 PM
I'm sorry, but what Greg did is beyond my skills but I'm sure you guys can do it. On the other hand I was never disappointed with the footage quality of the 550D. And let's face it, the 550D is not the first choice if you want to do raw video also this resolution (960x480) looks quite impressive to me.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5247.msg37195#msg37195

You need to enable edmac.
https://bitbucket.org/Gr3g01/ml-500d-raw-dng3/commits/66619cd642ad311392882b5f3aaadc48a421c048

Turn on modules in the makefile.user

Copy raw_rec.mo to ML / modules / raw_rec.mo
Copy platform/550D/magiclantern.sym to ML / modules / magic.sym

960x480 24FPS works on 500D

JoshuOne

Greg, could you explain exactly how to do that? I am not sure how to enable edmac... I am using the most recent nightly and I am really not sure if this is something that must be done on the 500D or on the computer, any help is greatly apreciated...