Allow setting aperture for manual lenses

Started by kotn_, May 11, 2013, 05:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotn_

While shooting HDR today using a manual vintage I thought of an idea. Being able to set what aperture you shot at that will get entered into the exif data would be super helpful for us users of vintage lenses. Basically I'm just think a menu with a list of apertures to shoot from. Thanks and I hope I can help!

toze3

Bump  :)

Already tought about this feature, if it possible it will bring for the manual lens users a excellent tool to record in the exif file the main data.

Maybe a simple menu (MANUAL LENS in the SHOOT TAB) that you can put the focal leght and the minimum/maximum aperture
Than you will have to say/sync/override into the camera the real aperture of the lens, using the dial.
It's better than have a F00 value, and maybe in the future this could help the camera to achieve better results (here i don't know??)

Is this possible??

hjfilmspeed

or make the normal aperture scroll wheel adjust the fstop number as if a auto lens was on. obviously it would actually control it but it would be faster to set up. but that leaves it up to you to remember to do it. I you forget to you data will be off.

toze3

Quote from: hjfilmspeed on October 22, 2013, 02:08:37 AM
or make the normal aperture scroll wheel adjust the fstop number as if a auto lens was on. obviously it would actually control it but it would be faster to set up. but that leaves it up to you to remember to do it. I you forget to you data will be off.
Yes, it's that what i was thinking, but it can't be done now, because the value is always F00, and its impossible to change, that's the reason we are asking for some feature/option to do that.

maybe it can be don was a module to override settings, i don't know...

I just know this could be a great feature for people that use manual lens, better than writing or remeber the values.

MKvip

That would really be a great feature for all of us crazies w/ a bunch of vintage M42 glass :-)

l_d_allan

Quote from: MKvip on November 04, 2013, 02:52:31 AM
That would really be a great feature for all of us crazies w/ a bunch of vintage M42 glass :-)

Also very handy for owners of Samyang fully manual lenses. I can use ExifTool after-the-fact to change the EXIF, but I have to remember just what the f-stop was, which is error prone.

I have a profile for the Samyang 14mm f.28, so it makes a difference in ACR/LR on corrections applied by f-stop, including vignette.

hjfilmspeed

could help with exposing in photo mode too. it would offset the meter correctly. What i meant to say before is that it obviously wont control the aperture of a manual lens and it leaves it up to you to make sure it matches. but it would help with metadata in photos and with metering ect. Just have to make sure you match it up.